Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

What? Why did someone kidnap the rock's family and hold them in a burning sky scraper? You'd think if your sky scraper was on fire, that your first priority would be to get out of your sky scraper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Someone photoshop a longer neck on ron, preferably curling around the ref’s arm or body or both

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

chaoslord posted:

Have no idea what Mexico see in Ramos to push him as their top ref, he’s dreadful.

I hope Cavani is not hurt hurt, can’t imagine trying to watch Uruguay play a full match without him

Is chiqidracula retired

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I hope Cavani is okay. :( he's a likeable dude and a good striker

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kurtofan posted:

Is chiqidracula retired

Yeah, after the last World Cup. He had the Suarez bitey match I think.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

DrunkPanda posted:

What? Why did someone kidnap the rock's family and hold them in a burning sky scraper? You'd think if your sky scraper was on fire, that your first priority would be to get out of your sky scraper

Kidnapping a family is at least a yellow card

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Meat Wagon posted:

It's coming home mbm

I'm starting to believe...

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

That was a loving good game

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hamstring injury for Cavani

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

nooooo. :( source?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Óscar Tabárez deserves it so much

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

dex_sda posted:

Cavani said so

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Good matches today, great to see big name strikers like MessiMbappe and RonaldoCavani in action.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

dex_sda posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/1013154099909615618?s=09

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Cavani said so

that sucks, hamstrings don't heal in 6 days (unless you inject yourself with 'vitamins' and eat dates like nadal)

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Didn't want this dumbass cup for retards anyway. Shithouse team attacks twice, scores twice, spends the rest of the time rolling on the floor. Wake me up when the world cup ends (and the euros begin)

Yeah, like i said, we got out portugaled by uruguay.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

That ending was chaos but it certainly wasn't boring!

They could have played either of the Ronaldo bronze busts and had the same outcome for Portugal.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dex_sda posted:

that sucks, hamstrings don't heal in 6 days (unless you inject yourself with 'vitamins' and eat dates like nadal)

i'll allow good boy cavani using his vitamins

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dias posted:

i'll allow good boy cavani using his vitamins

agreed

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
gently caress Portugal..

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Kurtofan posted:

Is chiqidracula retired

Reminder that he doesn't like the nickname because he's evangelical and thinks dracula is satanic, he tried to have everyone call him "chiquimarco"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

It looked like they were icing his calf on the bench.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When will people learn that you don't get to pick your own nickname?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

paddyboat posted:

Polidoro is up in heaven melting down about how poo poo Uruguay are

im not dead yet. I really hate the way we play but it's not like we have players to do much more right now so whatever.

also if cavani doesnt play france will gently caress us up and if he does play they probably still will.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
As a big Uruguay fan I’m quite pleased.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So Messi and Ronald out in the space of a few hours. It's all shaping up for a Kane golden boot...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

Reminder that he doesn't like the nickname because he's evangelical and thinks dracula is satanic, he tried to have everyone call him "chiquimarco"

lmao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pablo Bluth posted:

So Messi and Ronald out in the space of a few hours. It's all shaping up for a Kane golden boot...

Big Golden Boot for Big Romelu Lukaku.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
forums search is crap so pretend I'm quoting my "Uruguay has the best central defense in the tournament" post over and over

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

curried lamb of God posted:

forums search is crap so pretend I'm quoting my "Uruguay has the best central defense in the tournament" post over and over

It's either them or Belgium with Aldeweireld/Vertonghen

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Thought south american football was really good and not full of coked up midgets from the favelas? France started it and Portugal are going to finish it. UEFA supremacy. First we dominated the world now football. What's next? Lets get our boys into basketball and we'll take over the NBA in two, three years tops. And no kneeling either. We'll do it for our boy Trump.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

It's either them or Belgium with Aldeweireld/Vertonghen

not even close as Belgium showed some quality clown car defense against Panama and Tunisia

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This world cup has been spectacular so far. Great football being played and some great drama to go along with it.

Oscar Tabarez's Uruguay once again with the best defense at a world cup. Hopefully Cavani is fine because Suarez alone won't be enough vs France.

Tomorrows matches seem really one sided hopefully I am wrong.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Electronico6 posted:

not even close as Belgium showed some quality clown car defense against Panama and Tunisia

Belgium's center backs are great but Uruguay defends really well as a whole team. Really impressive how much Cavani was actually tracking back. Tabarez has always been great at getting everyone to help with the defense instead of just relying on Gimenez/Godin or Lugano in the past.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

It (obviously) also helps a lot that Godín-Giménez and Vertoghen-Alderweireld, besides being great, play along all the time at their clubs instead of only sporadically for their national team, like most of the others do

Also I agree, Uruguay's defense is way better than Belgium's though

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 1, 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

curried lamb of God posted:

impact sub maxi meza lmao

A lot of insanely good poo poo happened today but this is probably going to be a talking point for the better part of a year. What a terrible choice.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

A lot of insanely good poo poo happened today but this is probably going to be a talking point for the better part of a year. What a terrible choice.

Sampaoli's whole spell was riddled with terrible choices. Shame because I don't think this Argentinian side were as bad as they looked at times. Didn't start Banega in the Croatia game when their wingers have been struggling all tournament and Banega has been good. Dybala getting a total playtime of 24~26minutes was a travesty as well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Dude has six caps, 4 were in the World Cup, and he got brought on instead of Fatty Gonz or Dybala. What a loving joke.

And Aguero, who was the only Argie player who looked like he gave a poo poo in the group stages, gets dropped and then subbed in late and actually scores.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The funniest part is that Sampaoli said he's not thinking about resigning and is looking forward to the process for the next 4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

The funniest part is that Sampaoli said he's not thinking about resigning and is looking forward to the process for the next 4 years

You don't have to resign when you'll be murdered in the streets of Buenos Aires.

• Locked thread