Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I missed today's matches because I was playing Warhammer. Did anything exciting happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why did Croatia look so bad today? Gary Neville was talking about a change that Denmark made to neutralize their formation, but that doesn't explain how sluggish and uninspired they looked compared to their group stage games. Spain, too - just completely flat, no energy or spark at all.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

HappyCamperGL posted:

I missed today's matches because I was playing Warhammer. Did anything exciting happen?

4 minutes then not until the pens came down to who could keep saving more

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bardeh posted:

Why did Croatia look so bad today? Gary Neville was talking about a change that Denmark made to neutralize their formation, but that doesn't explain how sluggish and uninspired they looked compared to their group stage games. Spain, too - just completely flat, no energy or spark at all.

Polonium

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I love this world cup.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Bardeh posted:

they drank the caffeine shampoo

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

thelazyblank posted:

they drank the caffeine shampoo

Modric hasn't had any shampoo within 50 feet of him for a very long time so i dont think its this

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bardeh posted:

Spain, too - just completely flat, no energy or spark at all.

This is what Spain has always looked like until Aragones came along.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Pissflaps posted:

I love this world cup.

don’t get your hopes up

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I love this world cup.

you haven't won it yet

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

mackintosh posted:

They're youth doesn't have the ceiling of France.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bardeh posted:

Modric got Messi syndrome, RIP

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it home yet?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

mackintosh posted:

Hierro needs to be more racist, then

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good results today.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Mods

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

It's hot and humid and international football is a bunch of underprepared patchwork squads flailing about after long domestic seasons of real football.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And Spain isn’t nearly as good as they or their supporters think they are.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
it's not coming home

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

curried lamb of God posted:

Hierro needs to be more racist, then

Possibly, but also drop older players, promote youth and devise a new tactic. Aragones did all that and then Del Bosque did what he always does, which is to do nothing and let the players do their thing.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

Winning a World Cup does that to you

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

They need to let that operacion puerto guy get back to work if they want to be relevant in future

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

It's hot and humid and international football is a bunch of underprepared patchwork squads flailing about after long domestic seasons of real football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Nice slo-mo of Osaka's face as the ball slipped between Courtois' legs (flashing images)

• Locked thread