Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It took 4 years, but I succeeded in going from Worst to First. Now the next realistic goal is to work my way back to worst. And I think I can do it. I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I'd prefer the weekend days better. That time Friday is a bit of a tricky one for me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm basically fine most times. Friday dinner time is just a pretty bad one. I can make something else work OK, i think.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Oops, one of those was me. It won't let me do anything there now.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, so I can edit my keepers now, but Todd Gurley is still showing as a free agent. Can any of the people who forgot confirm they have the ability to set their keepers now with their old players?

I just set mine. Gurley should be showing as being on Johnny Foosball now.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Can the league owner (Marshmallow Blue) see who has and who hasn't set their keepers? If so, the day before the new keeper lock date, maybe we should pester whoever hasn't set them yet, if any?

I looked through the player list real quick and saw players assigned to 12 different teams, so I think that probably everyone has done it now.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to cave to pressure and swap to Gurley Chubb Hunt

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
One league I'm in every year a guy pesters people to update their trade blocks and then sends out the stupidest trade offers ever for the rest of the year.

CompeAnansi posted:

Open ridicule is my favorite. Antonio Brown is on the trading block because I have too many drat WRs and my RBs suck. Come at me with (reasonable) RB offers.

I have a ton of good receivers too. I'm not willing to trade Julio, but the rest are all available. If you've ever wanted to get on the burgeoning Lockett hype, I'm your guy. 2 Coopers 1 Kupp? Call me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd be up to dealing Crowell for a much lesser price than an AB if you're not into other peoples offers.

I might be interested here. Anyone you looking at in Gurley Chubb Hunt?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So Frog Out swept GBS this week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I beat a guy who didn't start a QB. It feels hollow.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

I lost to a guy who started Legarrette Blount and Kyle Juszczyk at RB. It feels bad.

Yeah, that's definitely worse.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Need Hunt/Gurley to outscore Kelce by 40. Like it's not impossible, but I ain't feeling good. Somehow I'm doomed to always pick the worst flex RB.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, it's definitely possible. I feel cautiously optimistic about holding out, though. I also lost 10 points by picking the wrong RB (Collins vs AP).

The tail end of that Steelers game helped you out a whole lot there. I was convinced I had that in the bag until I checked back.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Anyone feel like gambling on Hunt?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Phew. Tight game going into tonight.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And this feels about right. No Collusion and I have been on a crash course in the final for weeks, and he we are, projected <1 point apart. Good luck!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Well, barring a 60 point game from Phil Lindsay, this thing is over. Congrats!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So, uh, is this thing coming back?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

It does every year. But we dont start talking until july/august. Give it time.

Not so much the talking, usually we have to start a new thread, just went to go refresh myself as to my team and saw the league wasn't activated. I believe that's atypical.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm back in!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Gurley Chubb Hunt here and I'm back to overachieve and not win!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Same, but Sunnyvale Shithawks. Best WRs, worst everything else. The perfect recipe for a decent record and losing in the playoffs.

I rode Gurley/Hunt all last year and now that's suddenly a pretty suspect pairing.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

We need you!

Marshmallow, we need you too!

Would love to do the draft before the 24th if possible, or after the 31st. In between I'm at a cottage with spotty/no wifi or data. Could potentially make it, but likely not. Will pre-rank if need be, but let's get this moving and get keepers finalized and the draft set!

I don't have time constrictions, I'm anxious to get this going as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dy. posted:

Sweet. I may be a bit limited in when I can draft (I'm busy for pretty much every weekend from now until the start of the season) but I can probably figure something out if it's a weekday.

This draft also tends to be super short. Just 7 rounds