Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Symbolism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Dark Side brings shadows, fear, darkness, paranoia.
The Light Side brings a puppy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jerusalem posted:

The Dark Side brings shadows, fear, darkness, paranoia.
The Light Side brings a puppy.

So that's why landlords don't allow pets

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kesper North posted:

So that's why landlords don't allow pets

Dagobah Real Estate Agent: This tree features a stunning chiaroscuro that will be sure to bring the lucky occupant to a heightened emotional state!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jerusalem posted:

Dagobah Real Estate Agent: This tree features a stunning chiaroscuro that will be sure to bring the lucky occupant to a heightened emotional state!

I call it the Dagobah Humbug

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I could really do with some Andor Season 2 right now.

You're not getting any Andor til you finish your Acolyte!! :colbert:

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it true it's a short season with 30 min episodes? Because of so i can't see myself caring too much about anything that happens in the past with limited scope.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aww....

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ok, then make it june for Acolyte time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’re probably not getting Andor S2 until next year unless I missed an update recently

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

swickles posted:

I am genuinely curious how she got a yellow lightsaber. Did she do some repenting, or did she just yank it off a dead jedi?

The hilt looks akin to Dooku’s. Therefore she probably made it herself. This is space opera so it’s most likely to be a metaphor for something like repentance, or at least acceptance.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Larryb posted:

We’re probably not getting Andor S2 until next year unless I missed an update recently

Yes, it's Acolyte in June and Skeleton Crew sometime this fall. Maybe a little Tales of the Jedi too if we behave.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And of course 6 more episodes of Bad Batch (Ahsoka and Mando are getting another season two but we probably won’t see those for another year or two)

Also what’s this Hidden Path thing people keep talking about?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Jedi underground railroad iirc

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Larryb posted:

And of course 6 more episodes of Bad Batch (Ahsoka and Mando are getting another season two but we probably won’t see those for another year or two)

Also what’s this Hidden Path thing people keep talking about?

It's mostly speculation but folks seem to think (and the latest BB episode does lend some credence to it) that the next animated series will revolve around the Hidden Path group - introduced in the Kenobi show - that ferries Force-sensitives away from the Empire. Basically a lot of wishing around the fact that we now have Ventress and also Vos (who was confirmed as alive in the same beat that introduced the Path).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cross-Section posted:

It's mostly speculation but folks seem to think (and the latest BB episode does lend some credence to it) that the next animated series will revolve around the Hidden Path group - introduced in the Kenobi show - that ferries Force-sensitives away from the Empire. Basically a lot of wishing around the fact that we now have Ventress and also Vos (who was confirmed as alive in the same beat that introduced the Path).

I kinda like the idea of a bunch of former Jedi and Inquisitors/Wannabe Siths just realizing the Empire's gonna gently caress everyone eventually, and just loving off together as a combined neutral faction.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense, it’s also likely they might do something more with Omega in the future since she may or may not be Force sensitive (but we’ll see what happens at the end of Bad Batch)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope they don't make Omega a Force User and just keep her as Force Sensitive. Let her bee able to track and sense like her dads without also giving her the rest of the Jedi skills package to just obviate some of it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope they don't make Omega a Force User and just keep her as Force Sensitive. Let her bee able to track and sense like her dads without also giving her the rest of the Jedi skills package to just obviate some of it.

That’s my hope as well honestly but like I said, we’ll see how it goes

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Yeah, I'm also thinking they'll just keep her force sensitive.

The show has so far been pretty restrained in terms of jedi appearances. Ignoring the first episode, we've only had two jedi appear in the show.

TuxedoOrca fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 29, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Her M-count is high enough to give Sheev a space boner, can't see them not trying to make her the new Most Special Girl in the Galaxy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Curious how a clone can be more force sensitive than its original base though (unless Jango wasn’t the only one incorporated into her design)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 30, 2024

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I thought it was less that she had a high m-count, and more that her blood was infusible. Plageuis tried several experiments to increase midichlorians in others, and while that's not canon anymore, they do like bringing stuff back like that.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Yeah, that. It seems they need it for some purpose that isn't lightsaber and force related.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
RLM finally got around to watching Andor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhCZmPpYy0

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

3 Action Economist posted:

I thought it was less that she had a high m-count, and more that her blood was infusible. Plageuis tried several experiments to increase midichlorians in others, and while that's not canon anymore, they do like bringing stuff back like that.

If a normal clone’s mcount is 5 and hers is 7, it doesn’t matter if 7 is high or low, all that matters is, now there is a pathway to increasing it that wasn’t there before. So yeah, the level really doesn’t matter, and she doesn’t need to be anywhere close to a level that makes her a powered individual. The valuable thing is, if she’s a clone and her mcount is higher than the source, how do we make that happen again, and on a larger scale.

It sure would be nice if imperial agents could comb through the computers on Kamino to see what they were doing when they made Omega.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sammus posted:

It sure would be nice if imperial agents could comb through the computers on Kamino to see what they were doing when they made Omega.

"What do you mean they blew up Kamino? Who's they?!"

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Isn't grafting force-sensitivity onto clones the entire project the Empire had Dr. Pershing work on? Apparently blowing up Kamino set the Empire back decades.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Servetus posted:

Isn't grafting force-sensitivity onto clones the entire project the Empire had Dr. Pershing work on? Apparently blowing up Kamino set the Empire back decades.

Sounds in line with a corporate takeover. Fire everyone who built the product, then spend 10 years trying to figure out how it works and how to give the CEO a golden parachute.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Sounds in line with a corporate takeover. Fire everyone who built the product, then spend 10 years trying to figure out how it works and how to give the CEO a golden parachute.

Pretty sure Rampart wasn't given a parachute.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Acolyte promo machine is spinning up:

https://ew.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-exclusive-first-photos-dafne-keen-jecki-lon-8622948

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That alien design just screams "We focus-grouped this into blandness." I imagine there's some concept art for the first version somewhere that got notes of "This is great, but can we make her look way less weird?"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

That alien design just screams "We focus-grouped this into blandness." I imagine there's some concept art for the first version somewhere that got notes of "This is great, but can we make her look way less weird?"

In fairness, this is what a full-blooded Theelin looks like:

Focus-tested or not, I can see why they'd want to pair it down a bit lol

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Looks like the character creation screen from a AAA rpg.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Entertainment magazine photos are like always the absolute worst tbf.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Wait, this is from the live action show, and not a video game tie-in? Uh…

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I do get this sense from anything we've seen of the acolyte so far. Just very generic vaguely star wars looking stuff. We'll see how it works as a full episode of a TV show though I guess. Visual style doesn't matter too much if they can make the story interesting.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

call it the andor effect but the melodrama of laser wizards has become the most boring part of Star wars for me.

star wars should be about intelligence gathering neat robots revolutionary politics and weird little freaks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Owlbear Camus posted:

star wars should be about intelligence gathering neat robots revolutionary politics and weird little freaks.

And X-wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jehde posted:

I do get this sense from anything we've seen of the acolyte so far. Just very generic vaguely star wars looking stuff. We'll see how it works as a full episode of a TV show though I guess. Visual style doesn't matter too much if they can make the story interesting.

If they're pushing for as-safe-as-possible in one area of production, I have no problem believing that they'd do it in all areas.