Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Let's talk about comics and comic related things!

FARTNITE #1 CVR A BUTT WAIT THERES MORE
KEENSPOT ENTERTAINMENT

NOV181842
(W) Remy Eisu Mokhtar, Chris Crosby (A/CA) Remy Eisu Mokhtar
Prepare to enter the brown-eye of the s#!%storm! The kid-tested, Drake-approved cultural phenomenon of the century gets the Keenspot parody treatment in this explosive first issue of Fartnite! Experience the flatulent adventures of a motley crew of unknown soldiers forced into a Battle Royale where all the weaponry is powered by their own super-charged farts. Whether you're currently a grade-schooler or just a grade-schooler at heart, Fartnite is gonna be a gas!
In Shops: Mar 06, 2019
SRP: $4.99

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I just want you to know that I hate you, personally, for reminding me Keenspot's shambling corpse is still ongoing in 2019.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't understand the appeal of Fortnite.

Might have something to do with being 30 years older than the target demographic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm starting the month with a cold. So that's cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm going to suggest we stop making new threads every month, they rarely get very long (February had 5 pages) and it kinda kills the momentum of any discussion we were having at the end of the month.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to suggest we stop making new threads every month, they rarely get very long (February had 5 pages) and it kinda kills the momentum of any discussion we were having at the end of the month.

I second this motion.

Rhyno posted:

I don't understand the appeal of Fortnite.

Might have something to do with being 30 years older than the target demographic.

BRs are a quick-play thing, you get in, play 5 minutes and you're up for the next match. Fortnite is generally more chaotic than most, with each "season" introducing some shakeup to the maps. It's not my thing mostly because there's no tutorial or training so you have to learn by dying repeatedly, but it is something special.

The recently release Apex Legends was surprisingly well received in the Games subforum, mostly for being made by the Titanfall devs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We should go to annual threads maybe?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t post much, but agreed on the removal of monthly threads.

Right now I’m working my way through a whole bunch of Disney books from the middle of the last century. Having read all of the Marvel silver age cape books and lots of the other books too, it’s shocking just how amateurish much of it was vs what Barks was putting out decades earlier. Yeah there’s some lovely stereotypes, but from the clean cartoonish lines to the layouts to the dialogue and adventure plots, Disney’s stuff was a cut above.

Don Rosa isn’t Carl Barks (he’s better), but for those who haven’t tried the Donald Duck stories, in April’s there’s a new Fantagraphics Life and Times of Scrooge being released that’s suppose to be the “director’s cut” version of the story. Sight unseen, highly recommended.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We moved to monthly because the annual threads got too cumbersome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And now the threads die out quickly because half the posts don't see the new thread.
What about a new thread every 100 pages?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone just quit your jobs so you can post more.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A new thread for every post

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Everyone just quit your jobs so you can post more.

I'LL POST SO MUCH HARDER THAN YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching a doc series about Asia's monarchies and they're talking about how every year there's a big protest/fight in the streets between militant emperor supporters and left wingers who feel it's an antiquated useless office that led Japan to near-ruin during WWII

Japan fascinates me

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

We should go to annual threads maybe?

Says the guy who brought up the idea for monthly threads three years ago.

Rhyno posted:

What about a new thread every 100 pages?

So now you want them biennially? Make up your mind!

I think quarterly is a good compromise. That way the OP doesn't get too stale and we don't end up with pages and pages of old rear end posts nobody cares about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had more traffic then!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

:justpost:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
5 for new thread title.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm annoyed quarters will end May, August, and November, and February/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This'll just be a uhhh short quarter

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm annoyed quarters will end May, August, and November, and February/

We'll do a special one shot for Christmas to get us back on schedule. That's another new #1!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why not just open a new thread in may and keep it on schedule, its not like we dont all understand whats going on since we moved to the new system halfway through first quarter

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
But what if new people join Someth...

oh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Why not just open a new thread in may and keep it on schedule, its not like we dont all understand whats going on since we moved to the new system halfway through first quarter

Get out of here with yer fancy book learned math

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

But what if new people join Someth...

oh

Gotta 👏 get 👏 more 👏 racist👏

For real though maybe do not limit yourselves to comic chat in the general chat thread. :)

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 3, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Samuringa posted:

BRs are a quick-play thing, you get in, play 5 minutes and you're up for the next match. Fortnite is generally more chaotic than most, with each "season" introducing some shakeup to the maps. It's not my thing mostly because there's no tutorial or training so you have to learn by dying repeatedly, but it is something special.

The recently release Apex Legends was surprisingly well received in the Games subforum, mostly for being made by the Titanfall devs.

BRs are extremely good and maybe future of MP shooters.

Apex Legends is not very good though. Beyond the amazing ping system, thr game is a worse version of Fortnite or Blackout.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It should've been All-New All-Different Chat Thread

edit "Only our second #1 this year!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Samuringa posted:

Giant-Sized Chat Thing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

site posted:

Every post is an event!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Write every post like it's a reader's first foray into the forums

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

We moved to monthly because the annual threads got too cumbersome.

I think we lost like half our regular posters since that call was made.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Samuringa posted:

Why did they so that anyway? Every time I reread Howard the duck it strikes me as odd

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Line wide post secret wars rebranding

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

Why did they so that anyway? Every time I reread Howard the duck it strikes me as odd
The entire universe was destroyed in Secret Wars number one and the put every single book on hiatus then relaunched everything with a new number 1 when Secret Wars finished and rebuilt the universe. Except there were delays for Secret Wars, so they relaunched everything before it actually finished.

Didn't really affect much except Miles was in the 616 and Doom was handsome.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Every post comes with at least 5 variant posts. Emptyquote variants also available.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Only if you quote 150% of unrelated posts tho

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Maybe we should just switch to reposts for a few years?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Did someone ask for Honeybadger cosplay? Doesn't matter, you're getting some anyways.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/993904757675708416

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adam Warren, the guy who does Empowered, contributed to a zine that cataloged bath and shower scenes in anime and manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Did someone ask for Honeybadger cosplay? Doesn't matter, you're getting some anyways.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/993904757675708416

This owns