Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Iggy Pop as a zombie I love it :v:

The funny thing is that he almost looks healthier as a zombie. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah he's pretty much a real life zombie at this point but I still love him :)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

What a loving amazing cast, I will have to watch this.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Oooooof. Sorry I brought it up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah he's pretty much a real life zombie at this point but I still love him :)

Anthony Bourdain talked with Iggy on his Miami episode and he seemed so happy and healthy and it's so good to see.

Then again, so did Anthony. Hard to watch without crying now.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Iggy Pop was in a few episodes of Pete and Pete. Apparently, he just liked being on set and thought it was full of nice people, so they shot a few scenes with him off-the-cuff.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

quote:

shame this wasnt the chat thread, otherwise we could suggest Rusty Bukkake Fetishist as the name for april

From slack. Please do the needful.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Queen Combat posted:

Iggy Pop was in a few episodes of Pete and Pete. Apparently, he just liked being on set and thought it was full of nice people, so they shot a few scenes with him off-the-cuff.

I imagine Pete and Pete was probably the most chill set to be on compared to anything else out there.

"Yeah uh let's just use the sun for our light today, and uh... yeah Artie wrestles with a bowling ball. Who's got a spliff?"

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Elmnt80 posted:

From slack. Please do the needful.

Haha, yes.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Fuckin speedo finally works feat. desert dust

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How old is the technology in a modern F-150? I was in a work package truck from 2005 and I realized that most every part that comprises that truck was around in the 1960s, except maybe fuel injection.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

M42 posted:

Make a thread so I can loving :five: it already jesus

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

M42 posted:

Gonna use that truck for its rightful purpose and bring bieks to any of the Eastern WA MX events this year?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Spectrum, unless Frontier has elevated themselves above their previous poo poo-tier customer service.

AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEIR CS AND THEY HAVE FIBER IN YOUR AREA, they're not bad, once it's installed. I only had a couple of brief outages with them, vs Spectrum with at least 2-3x weekly outages. Now that I'm in Austin, it's either AT&T U-Verse or Spectrum (I'm not in an area with Google Fiber), so I'm back on Spectrum... and still have several outages a week. Generally late at night, only for a few minutes, but it's like they have to reboot the head end regularly or something.

It took Spectrum 4 months and over a dozen field tech visits to fix my connection that was down more than up, and when they did, they disconnected me entirely for a week until they could pull a new cable. Field tech said the cable going to my apartment was so hosed that it was taking down the entire node, and they'd been trying to figure out WTF was going on for..... 4 months. I have a special spot saved in hell for Spectrum management over them taking so drat long to send a competent tech out.

He refused to run a temp cable because the dmarc was on the other side of the building, so it'd be crossing sidewalks and front doors. I can understand why, but it still sucked. And after all of that, the best I could get was a $30 credit.. for 4 months of barely usable internet.

slidebite posted:

"You know, she passed away over a week ago. More than a week! I expected the funeral to be last week. I mean, how long are they going to keep the body on ice? And when I found out today was the funeral, April fools day, I was almost convinced she was pulling a prank and going to come out during the service and say GOT YA to everyone. But, uh, she didn't :(" and her eyes got all shiny and started to well up.

drat. Would have been an epic gag but I felt pretty bad for her having her hopes up until literally the last moment. :(

I found out my grandmother died on April 1st several years ago (she'd actually died the night before, but I didn't find out until the next day).

I told my mom it wasn't a funny april fool's joke. I realized she wasn't joking when she broke down crying. :smithicide:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Queen Combat posted:

I adore Pete & Pete.

"Hey has anyone got Michael Stipe's phone number? Give him a call and ask if he wants to play a depressed ice cream guy who only has a thing called a sludgesicle for sale. Also get Kate Pierson from the B-52s, Debbie Harry, J. K. Simmons, LL Cool J, Alicia Keys, Selma Blair, Drew Carey, Ellen Greene..."

There were so many cameos in that show. :allears:

fridge corn posted:

Why am I not surprised that the one weird right wing guy itt is the one who seems to be terrified of false rape allegations

lmao

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Powershift posted:

Anthony Bourdain talked with Iggy on his Miami episode and he seemed so happy and healthy and it's so good to see.

Then again, so did Anthony. Hard to watch without crying now.

Ive got the last of his "Parts Unknown" series he was filming before his suicide sitting on plex and I havent been able to bring myself to watch them. Normally celebrity deaths dont even affect me at all, but Anthony's death hit me like a bulldozer.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Wait whats this about dave? I followed trukk saga for a bit back in the day 😮 hes on my fb too.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

fakeaccount posted:

How old is the technology in a modern F-150? I was in a work package truck from 2005 and I realized that most every part that comprises that truck was around in the 1960s, except maybe fuel injection.

kind of depends on how you count. for example, if you consider all versions of the Ford Modular V8 to be the "same" technologically - which you can, i guess - then there is not too much change in the technology. But a new 5.0 has a ton of technological innovations that weren't present in previous generations of the modular V8 - notably a dual injection setup (port and DSI together) and sprayed in liners.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ferremit posted:

Ive got the last of his "Parts Unknown" series he was filming before his suicide sitting on plex and I havent been able to bring myself to watch them. Normally celebrity deaths dont even affect me at all, but Anthony's death hit me like a bulldozer.

Yeah, same with me and my family too.

His shows were like Sesame Street for adults (and I mean that in the absolute best possible way) -- he'd take us on cool adventures and teach us cool new things about food and travel, and he was very open about his life so he felt like a friend even though most people'd never actually met him. It's like finding out Big Bird hanged himself.

Also his show was one of the very few on TV as a whole, but certainly on CNN, that made the world seem like a smaller and less intimidating place, rather than a bunch of poo poo that's out to kill us.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

kind of depends on how you count. for example, if you consider all versions of the Ford Modular V8 to be the "same" technologically - which you can, i guess - then there is not too much change in the technology. But a new 5.0 has a ton of technological innovations that weren't present in previous generations of the modular V8 - notably a dual injection setup (port and DSI together) and sprayed in liners.

Really it's the things you don't see that have gotten crazy. Modules and software. Yeah, there's a little bit of engine tech and other stuff but the software trend has been exponential.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

fakeaccount posted:

A 2019 F-150 has an all aluminum body, and turbo-charged V-6 with direct injection. The transmission is a 10 speed as of 2018, it think. I don't know the engineering history of that though.

If you get the 2.7l you also can include stop/start that was engineered in from the start. The engine block has some cutting-edge metallurgy happening as well. Compacted graphite?

The 3.5l was new for 2010
The 2.7l was around 2015
Both were basically clean-sheet designs.

Edit: small numbers fixes

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 2, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Ferremit posted:

Yeah, he came and did a stand up type talk thing near me. Only like fifty people came, I ended up buying him a drink and talking to him for about an hour. Who he is on the show really is who he presented himself to be in public. I can't watch anything involving him anymore, I just break down. He was a decent guy.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny Nox posted:

A 2019 F-150 has an all aluminum body, and turbo-charged V-6 with direct injection. The transmission is a 9 speed as of 2018, it think. I don't know the engineering history of that though.

If you get the 2.7l you also can include stop/start that was engineered in from the start. The engine block has some cutting-edge metallurgy happening as well. Compacted graphite?

The 3.5l was new for 2010
The 2.7l was around 2017
Both were basically clean-sheet designs.

Yeah, so pretty much up until 2010, modern trucks were a re-skinned basic design from the early 70s. That's the rambling thought that I was having. Only very recently has anything significantly changed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone that has Netflix watch The Dirt it's pretty good.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Speaking of quality watches on Netlfix this was extremely fun:

and I finished it over the course of three days. I even rewatched a couple of episodes.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

fakeaccount posted:

Yeah, so pretty much up until 2010, modern trucks were a re-skinned basic design from the early 70s. That's the rambling thought that I was having. Only very recently has anything significantly changed.

Yeah, pretty much this.

It's kind of cool to see truck makers pursue trucks as technology drivers rather than dinosaurs. I think you can still get Ram with a euro-sourced 3.0l diesel, and 4 corner airbag suspension which will change the ride height of your truck at highway speeds, and a grill that can close to improve highway fuel economy.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
So for our 3-year anniversary I'm convincing the wife she needs a bright orange '74 Volvo 4-door.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Suburban Dad posted:

Really it's the things you don't see that have gotten crazy. Modules and software. Yeah, there's a little bit of engine tech and other stuff but the software trend has been exponential.

True, all control units are wildly more advanced.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Advice please!

Pulling out of a Wendys to a side street old excursion swings WIDE off the main road into my oncoming lane. I had to cut hard to avoid and I just scraped and cracked the side of my Bumper on my 2018 Elantra. I got the license plate. Can I file a report on this and get insurance to go after this? No vehicle collision occurred but this rear end in a top hat caused me to ruin my bumper. Just happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did he hit you? Any witnesses?

You're probably not going to he able to file against him.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

and I finished it over the course of three days. I even rewatched a couple of episodes.

Seconding this. I loved the episode where everyone dunks all over Romain Grosjean, even Steiner. Still have no clue why they decided to keep him on this year, even accounting for his turnaround mid-season last year.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Jury summons... for the last week of the month, when I'm usually busting my rear end to make rent. :suicide:

Rhyno posted:

This. Unless he actually hit you, you're SOL.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Did he hit you? Any witnesses?

no, no

i believe you but should i really not even bother making a report? i didn't do anything wrong this joker one arm steering old excursion while holding a phone talking into it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hello ding dongs

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
the ding dong is you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

no, no

i believe you but should i really not even bother making a report? i didn't do anything wrong this joker one arm steering old excursion while holding a phone talking into it

Go ahead and contact your insurance but they will likely tell you there's nothing to be done.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
And your rates will go up because you hit a stationary object

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

everdave posted:

Advice please!

Pulling out of a Wendys to a side street old excursion swings WIDE off the main road into my oncoming lane. I had to cut hard to avoid and I just scraped and cracked the side of my Bumper on my 2018 Elantra. I got the license plate. Can I file a report on this and get insurance to go after this? No vehicle collision occurred but this rear end in a top hat caused me to ruin my bumper. Just happened.

The object was not stationary, you are mis-stating this incident and what really happened was a piece of concrete block fell off a truck in front of you and you swerved to avoid the road hazard.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That's two recommends in two days on this, I need to watch it since the actual races are, uh, shall we say.. not as dramatic as they could be.

And Amazon Prime's "Hitting the Apex" I pretty much recommend to anyone who likes racing/cars/MotoGP/vehicles of any type/storytelling/drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Go ahead and contact your insurance but they will likely tell you there's nothing to be done.

Ah well this sucks but what can I do. I don't even eat fast food I was getting a Frosty to take to my kids school, I was meeting her for lunch she got picked to be in a play.