Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

BOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mbison.gif

Quenneville/Murray/Boudreau 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Are there any good coaches available? I heard people talking about promoting the coach of Rochester because of how well they are doing, but the last time they did that we got Ron Rolston...

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm very pleased with the firing of Boughner. Hated him. Should've just kept Gallant/JAM/Smith.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TomGazzola/status/1114941454609031168

I'm still filled with dread the MRI will find something and McDavid will be out for a long rear end time.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

I'm still filled with dread the MRI will find something and McDavid will be out for a long rear end time.

"No, no guys it's definitely broken. I think I'm gonna have to sit out a year or three. Really tender. Maybe I can rehab it in Florida or Nashville, somewhere warm."

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Only 17 points separate the best and worst placed teams in the central. Every other division has a spread of at least 32, with the Atlantic have a 64 point spread. The Lightning doubled the Senators with 128 points.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Remember when the Sabres traded Ryan O'Reilly for a couple of picks and a bunch of crap and then immediately started looking for a second line center?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/status/1114946525292056576?s=20

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

good job Flyers, letting the best coach go to bloody Florida

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

IMO

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If Florida do end up getting the Panarin/Bob deal, I’m not even sure what we do with Panarin. Breaking up the Huberdeau/Barlow line just isn’t going to happen, and Hoffman has been fantastic on the second line and has proven to have been a phenomenal trade. Our problems really don’t have anything to do with our top 6 forwards at the least, and our young kids in the 3/4 line and existing prospects show hope too.

Whatever the gently caress was wrong with Matheson’s game this season has to be fixable, it wasn’t like that the previous season. Add a solid shutdown D guy and a keeper in good health and a ton of those 1 goal loss games are gonna be gone. The unofficial team motto of ‘Itll be better next year’ comes true once again.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

EL BROMANCE posted:

Whatever the gently caress was wrong with Matheson’s game this season has to be fixable, it wasn’t like that the previous season.

I remember him, the random dude Tallon gave an 8-year extension to

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Winnipeg keeping Maurice when Q was available most of the year sure is looking like one of the worst decisions now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

eXXon posted:

Remember when the Sabres traded Ryan O'Reilly for a couple of picks and a bunch of crap and then immediately started looking for a second line center?

That was the dumbest poo poo ever. Imagine how insanely good they would have been with both Skinner and O’Reilly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ROR asked out because he didn’t get along with the youths and alienated himself in the room

lovely situation compounded by a garbage return

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
https://twitter.com/DoctorGonzzzo/status/1114943593272102913

God the offseason rules already.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 7, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Dirty Burger posted:

I remember him, the random dude Tallon gave an 8-year extension to

Yeah in a year of bad defense last season, he looked like a solid pick to extend a contract on. But, 8 years is a bit of a mindfuck, and I’m hoping this year was the anomaly and better coaching won’t lead to things like ‘well Matheson only missed 5 games this season and we won all those games, but I’m sure that’s just a coincidence so let’s not consider scratching him’.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Ännu en tränare får lämna – Buffalo Sabres går skilda vägar med Phil Housley
https://atnhl.com/2KfVcH2
Another coach is allowed to leave - Buffalo Sabres goes separate paths with Phil Housley

I don't know why the Swedish announcement was on my Facebook feed, but the translation sounds so pleasant.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I didn't realize that the Kings were so bad this season that Jack Campbell posted a .928 in 31 games and still had a losing record.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
And I didn't realize that Quick had an .888 sv%.

How does that even happen after 5 consecutive seasons of .915 - .921?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DennisTFP/status/1114966482285289472

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Whatever the gently caress was wrong with Matheson’s game this season has to be fixable, it wasn’t like that the previous season. Add a solid shutdown D guy and a keeper in good health and a ton of those 1 goal loss games are gonna be gone. The unofficial team motto of ‘Itll be better next year’ comes true once again.

Pettersson used his nordic magic to curse him and Kotkaniemi after hurting him. They had precipitous declines in play after doing so. It's the only explanation.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
No coach can help the Kings. Unless he brings 3-4 NHL defensemen with him.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ken Holland should be fired. Not just for how bad of a team he's constructed, but for not directing that team to knock off that late season 7-game win streak that hosed their lottery position.

Fire Ken Holland.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1114983522287198208

My dreams of Quenneville to Edmonton have been crushed. :rip:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Oilers gonna end up with Hitchcock for another season.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1114983522287198208

My dreams of Quenneville to Edmonton have been crushed. :rip:

Edmonton doesn’t deserve nice things.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

grack posted:

Oilers gonna end up with Hitchcock for another season.

Honestly, AV is probably a good option for them?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

https://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-willie-desjardins-kings-coach-20190407-story.html

Desjardins isn't coming back to LA.

By my count, since the beginning of the season there's been 10 coaches fired or released, nearly a full third of the league (yes I know I'm counting LA twice here).

Yeo, Quennville, Hakstol, Carlyle, Stevens, McLellan, Boughner, Housley, Boucher, Desjardins

Does that seem high to anyone else? That seems like a lot to me.

Matt Zerella posted:

Honestly, AV is probably a good option for them?

I think AV wants to go to a contender, or at least could be a contender in the next couple of seasons. McDavid, Draisaitl and Sekera aside, the Oilers are a complete mess so I'm not sure that's a situation Vigneault would want.

grack fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2019

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

clean ayers act posted:

My money is on Quenville for the Florida job

I'm very rarely right so I just want to take a moment to bask in it.
I think Florida is going to be very good if they get Panarin and Bob. A Barkov-Panarin-Dadanov line is sexy as hell

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Now I'm hoping that Quenneville irrationally demands Florida acquire Brent Seabrook.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

clean ayers act posted:

I'm very rarely right so I just want to take a moment to bask in it.
I think Florida is going to be very good if they get Panarin and Bob. A Barkov-Panarin-Dadanov line is sexy as hell

Every team would be improved by having Panarin but you realize Huberdeau outscored him this season, right?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bread and his agent had a lengthy conversation immediately following the game in New York where Columbus clinched. I'd like to hope the excitement of the moment might have swung him a little toward staying in Columbus, but am aware I probably know better.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

grack posted:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-willie-desjardins-kings-coach-20190407-story.html

By my count, since the beginning of the season there's been 10 coaches fired or released, nearly a full third of the league (yes I know I'm counting LA twice here).

Yeo, Quennville, Hakstol, Carlyle, Stevens, McLellan, Boughner, Housley, Boucher, Desjardins

Does that seem high to anyone else? That seems like a lot to me

Its high because only AV got fired last year and this year was the catchul for most other guys

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

grack posted:

Does that seem high to anyone else? That seems like a lot to me.

I think AV wants to go to a contender, or at least could be a contender in the next couple of seasons. McDavid, Draisaitl and Sekera aside, the Oilers are a complete mess so I'm not sure that's a situation Vigneault would want.

The year before there were 0 fired in season so this year seems like a natural correction

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
What are the chances Jim Benning gets fired this year? Is Pettersson good enough to save a GM his job?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Wippersnapper posted:

What are the chances Jim Benning gets fired this year? Is Pettersson good enough to save a GM his job?

Pretty much zero, I think

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilza posted:

Yeah, he's on the Oilers.

Also what the gently caress happened to the Devils this year? They dropped 25 points compared to last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
goaltending, hall dying, having to call up 3/4 of their (substandard) AHL team for 1/4 of the season. fortunately the one positive is that blackwood (after being in the ECHL last year) looked quite good in split starts with schneider, nine-goal performance against calgary aside.

their season exposed the lack of organizational depth and they need to hit a home run this offseason to convince tay to stick around. a high pick and draft flexibility is a decent start