Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok real talk i know hot pockets are poo poo but given the option what is your tier list of hot pockets

top tier: beef taco, meatballs&mozzarella, four cheese pizza

mid tier: pepperoni pizza, ham&cheese, cheeseburger

poo poo tier: philly steak&cheese, chicken quesadilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The only hot pocket I have ever eaten was a broccoli cheese one.

It was ok

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Suspect Bucket posted:

The only hot pocket I have ever eaten was a broccoli cheese one.

It was ok

had a friend that would bring one of those to work for lunch. That and carrots. Then he would heat it up and bite the end off. The carrots would get dipped in the hot pocket which I guess now held a very hot broccoli and cheese dip.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
They're all pretty rank, honestly.

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anybody ever looked forward to eating a hot pocket?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
All cheese pockets all day.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
top tier:

mid tier:

poo poo tier: all of them and this thread

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I like the flavor that gives you explosive diarrhea.

Oh wait that's all of them.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
i like terrible food. i liked the barbecue beef.
I notice the boxes now say "bbq recipe beef". what does that even mean? i'm sure they didn't used to say that. i guess that's a necessary legal disclaimer because someone complained they hadn't actually barbecued the beef, just put sauce on it?
I didn't think they made the cheeseburger ones anymore? I remember trying those like twenty years ago and thinking it resembled a mcdonalds cheeseburger puree. even MY terrible taste was weirded out.

Other flavors I dimly remember, I think they had a limited edition 'hawaiian pizza with jalapenos' flavor. And a 'pretzel bun' flavor.

i haven't eaten one of these in years and nostalgia may flavor things.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I keep them in the freezer for when I'm too hungover to even answer delivery

The breakfast ones are pretty good, pepperoni is pure nostalgia, BBQ probably second best.

I've tried all of the new gimmick ones over the years at least once. I miss the "slices" and the "sub bun" ones.

Edit: actually slices were some other brand. They were triangular but still hot pockets and covered in parmesan. Wish I could find em on Google

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 16, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Best hot pocket is Costco frozen chicken bakes.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Dude. I just remembered those exist.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Resting Lich Face posted:

Dude. I just remembered those exist.

In some markets they have bulgogi bakes

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

I havent been able to find the taco flavor in ages. that one was my fave

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
What ever happened to Hot Pocket Subs? True connoisseurs will know what I'm talking about.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

In some markets they have bulgogi bakes

Oh poo poo I better look because I expect that includes my market.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I've never had a hot pocket but I've bought those little chemical pouches you squeeze at winter to warm up your pockets and if they taste anything like real hot pockets I don't think I am a fan at all :mad:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's something wrong with their dough and the way it interacts with any red sauce used in them that is just off putting. Subway bread and their marinara sauce has a very similar problem.

Also - better

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 19, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hot pockets have all been poo poo since the transfat ban

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
Do you cook your HPs by putting them in an oven like some sort of 18th century barbarian, or do you use futuristic 21st century technology to thermally manipulate them to the perfect temperature in just two minutes?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

caedwalla posted:

Do you cook your HPs by putting them in an oven like some sort of 18th century barbarian, or do you use futuristic 21st century technology to thermally manipulate them to the perfect temperature in just two minutes?

Neither. I have enough self respect to not eat them.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

caedwalla posted:

I only cook HotPockets in an AirFryer.

And the best flavor is the GaghPocket.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

caedwalla posted:

given the choice between microwaving and cooking in the oven, literally any food will be better in the oven

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

Kanine posted:

given the choice between microwaving and cooking in the oven, literally any food will be better in the oven

I'm not surprised someone unable to recognize the flavor supremacy of pepperoni 'za HPs has such a backwards opinion on modern refinements to the caveman-esque methods of heating food with burning propane or electrically stimulated coils of metal.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Pepperoni pizza hot pockets are the Nickelback of frozen food.

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have ejected vomitus at an astounding rate

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ate a wild berry pop tart today. So my answer is now wild berry pop tart.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

toplitzin posted:

I only cook HotPockets in an AirFryer.

And the best flavor is the GaghPocket.

This looks like korean sweet potato noodles.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ate a wild berry pop tart today. So my answer is now wild berry pop tart.

yeah, poptarts and hot pockets are pretty much sweet and savory twins

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A hot pocket is just a giant ravioli

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

A hot pocket is just a giant ravioli

Incorrect. A hot pocket is just a miniature stromboli.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin posted:

Incorrect. A hot pocket is just a miniature stromboli.

:hmmyes:

A pie is just a round hot pocket

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:hmmyes:

Only if it's a double crust.

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hey man gently caress you

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hating Hot Pockets is just acknowledging that you hate all bread encrusted food items! Which are delicious ! Like Hot pockets! (all cheese)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hating Hot Pockets is just acknowledging that you hate all bread encrusted food items! Which are delicious ! Like Hot pockets! (all cheese)

A burrito is just a tex mex hot pocket.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Whenever I want to burn the gently caress out of my mouth, I go for the hot pockets!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin posted:

A burrito is just a tex mex hot pocket.

:eyepop::popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
The most pure feeling in the world is the roof of your mouth peeling after you bite into a 'roni' za HP and it spews its irradiated load of authentic Italian sauce and cheese throughout your cavernous maw.