Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

SexyBlindfold posted:

I was super excited for the Spanish translation so I could start hawking the game to friends and family, unfortunately the translation seems to be heavily Spanish-from-Spain, which usually wouldn't be a huge issue, but due to the way DE is written that means there's a lot of spanish slang that would be impenetrable to the casual latin american player.

They mention Volta do Mar in the game, it's what allowed people to actually traverse the Pale without sailing off into oblivion (named after a real-life Portuguese navigation technique, basically do a broad swerve to catch the best winds back to Europe). Since it's listed in red it might be what Kim has instead of Shivers?

i wonder what spanish was used on this

http://www.clandlan.net/foros/topic/80654-traduccion-oficial-disco-elysium/

reading it better its the official spanish translation used by zaum studio

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im gonna listen to measureheads entire monologue

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

cuntman.net posted:

can't wait to see which new words are randomly given a french pronunciation :allears:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I am going to play through this so slowly this time and just luxuriate in it. My ambition is to enter a weeks long disco meditation and improve immesurably as a human in the process

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

:emptyquote:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

POTAT

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm sad they couldn't get Dot Major in to do all of Cuno for this release

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Come on fuckers just release it already. What's a few minutes

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

the GOG Galaxy app just updated for me :f5:

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Was searching a release date and it looks like 10pm PST, that's the strangest loving release time I've ever seen.
Usually for digital games there's already a landing page on the digital store (it's still not on the PS Store) and there's a "Pre-Order" button where the buy now button is that just gets flipped at midnight.

Hopefully they're not scrambling to do last minute fixes for a patch?

EDIT: Saw PM for some reason. Ok so it's noon CST. Ok Cool

DevCore fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 30, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's 10 *AM* PST

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

DevCore posted:

Was searching a release date and it looks like 10pm PST, that's the strangest loving release time I've ever seen.
Usually for digital games there's already a landing page on the digital store (it's still not on the PS Store) and there's a "Pre-Order" button where the buy now button is that just gets flipped at midnight.

They are playing in last minute VO live.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DevCore posted:

?????

https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1376817752636284928

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

DevCore posted:

it's in 30 mins OP

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Hey folks, I was thinking I'd write a new OP and make a new thread for the Final Cut release, partly with the intention of letting new players come in for what they need without fear of the minefield of spoilers. Any objection?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vyZ04MNrQ

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

it's in 30 mins OP

Not very impressed with the OP's searching ability to be honest

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Vegetable posted:

Don't wear video game clothes please

that jacket rules

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Brosnan posted:

Hey folks, I was thinking I'd write a new OP and make a new thread for the Final Cut release, partly with the intention of letting new players come in for what they need without fear of the minefield of spoilers. Any objection?

I think that's a good idea.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

DevCore posted:

It's the standard Steam release time (10 am* PST)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Also accepting thread title suggestions

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Brosnan posted:

I'm a new player, no objections

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Disco Elysium - Say one of those fascist or communist things or gently caress off

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Disco Elysium - the tiny apes are doing all they can.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Son of Rodney posted:

Disco Elysium - Say one of those fascist or communist things or gently caress off

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

SexyBlindfold posted:

They mention Volta do Mar in the game, it's what allowed people to actually traverse the Pale without sailing off into oblivion (named after a real-life Portuguese navigation technique, basically do a broad swerve to catch the best winds back to Europe). Since it's listed in red it might be what Kim has instead of Shivers?

i don't think it's instead of. everyone probably has their own unique blend of skills that work in their own particular way.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I want to be an artist communist cop, any tips on what skills and all to choose?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, disco.exe straight up crashes for me now. Never happened in original version

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1376942840299851783

lies :mad:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
An early game reference would seem fitting for the new release, so "Disco Elysium-It is obvious he would have preferred the body to no longer be in the tree" would be my choice if it's not too long. I think that's 4 characters over the limit though, so maybe "Disco Elysium Final Cut-he would have preferred the body to no longer be in the tree", which should be 85 characters exactly.

Elias_Maluco posted:

I want to be an artist communist cop, any tips on what skills and all to choose?

Conceptualization for the art, PSY would probably fit well.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Just started for me on Gog.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
australian and my update is downloading! :toot:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Elias_Maluco posted:

That will come down to the way you respond to dialogue moreso than skill selection, although esprit de corps is sort of a cop-centric skill. I mean, plus the other skills that would make you a better cop, but that's a lot of them.

I would add to what everyone else is saying with the advice to just answer and reply to dialogue how you actually would, and not just to see what all the outcomes of every dialogue option, because a lot of the time your first answer will be the one that matters. Plus, the game is written in such a way that I eventually started to do that naturally out of like, empathy for the other characters because it's very well written.

The game is up on the PS Store and I assume Steam as well, I just bought it!

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Same, still no store update on the direct link.
Also no search results for the game in the PS Store.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Disco Elysium: It's an expression of Pain

the whole game about Harry's, really.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

DevCore posted:

Same, still no store update on the direct link.
Also no search results for the game in the PS Store.

I just went to the store on my PS5 and it was on the front page, try refreshing? Mine's downloading rn, it's 8.9 GB.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
It's out now on Steam. Restart your client if needed

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

IT'S HAPPENING

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Seven new achievements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
16 GB is a lot, I am excited.