Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, yeah, just explaining how I saw it from where I was, knowing people's hands. I still don't know how much I like the whole '5 = 1 hit' thing on the whole, but it does make some cards very effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
0) 1 gold from trade routes
1) Steel weapons for free
2) 1 mood to count my cities as not angry this turn, gathering 2 wood, 1 ore, 1 idea in seed
3) 4 wood for two ships in Flower, gaining back a mood
4) 2 mood for a Move action, moving my settler in branch to f14, my settler in I11 to I9, and my army unit in seed to growth

Free tech Art & Sculptures

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

3) 4 wood for two ships in Flower, gaining back a mood

You have the option here to spawn them on top of the pirate and instantly spark a battle, if you wish. Killing a pirate gives 1 Gold and 1 Mood.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’m good, thanks

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5-3-4: It is Egypt's turn!

I actually forgot that you're supposed to select a hex as your port space back when you built the port, but that pirate predates the port, so...

That stuff happens!

Action Queue
- Babylonia: Place free Settler.
- Everyone: Nominate your final free tech. (You don't get one after round 6 due to the game ending.)

Green - Mykkel - Persia (Xerxes)
Blue - Leith Maclaine - Babylonia (Nabopolassar)
Yellow - StashAugustine - China (Qin Shi Huang)
Red - Jon Joe - Egypt (Cleopatra)
Reference Post | Zoomed-In Tech Board
Great Statue: +1 Cultural Influence range, allied cities within 2 spaces cannot be Cultural Influenced.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

STATUS PHASE 5

Babylonia reveals LEGACY: Status Phase: You have more Obelisks in your color than any other player.
China reveals RELIGIOUS: Status Phase: You have more cities with Temples than any other player.
Egypt reveals GREAT NAVY: Status Phase: You have four ships, or two more than any other player.

Pliny's Guide to the Civilizations, Part V posted:

China - 16 (Cities) + 11 (Advances) + 10 (Objectives) + 5 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 42
Egypt - 10 (Cities) + 15 (Advances) + 6 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 31
Babylonia - 7 (Cities) + 11 (Advances) + 8 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 26
Persia - 5 (Cities) + 14 (Advances) + 0 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 19

Persia learns Arts + Sculptures.
Babylonia learns State Religion.
China learns Writing, causing an Event:

Trojan Horse posted:

Put this card on the table. Upon attacking a player city, the attacking player may pay 1 Culture and 1 Wood to prevent the defender from playing any Combat cards the first combat round. This card is then kept by the player and is worth 1 VP.

Barbarians attack!
F8 is attacked by a Barbarian!
Barbarian Attack: 1 Infantry = 1d6 = 3! 0 hits!
China's Defence: 1 Infantry + Steel Weapons = 1 hit guaranteed!
Egypt takes Arts + Sculptures.

Everyone may raze a size 1 city or retire their current leader.
Everyone draws their last Action and Objective cards (unless they haven't activated Writing + Government yet.)
Persia is first player and 8 Mood, 8 Culture, so is first player forever.
Babylonia still has a Settler to place but nothing's changed on that side of the board.

TURN 6-1-1: It is Persia's turn!

Action Queue
- All: Raze cities? Retire leaders?
- Persia: 3 actions.

Green - Mykkel - Persia (Xerxes)
Great Statue: +1 Cultural Influence range, allied cities within 2 spaces cannot be Cultural Influenced.

On Table: Trojan Horse (When attacking a city, attacker may pay 1 Culture and 1 Wood to prevent any Combat Card from being played first round, and then gain 1 VP.)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Farewell Cleopatra. Ramses II, here I come!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Goodbye Xerxes, long live Cyrus the Great

1. Activate Alef, Collect 2 Food, 1 Ore
2. Activate Be, Build 1 Army (2 Gold), Utilize Draft for second Army. Get Mood token back from Nationalism.
3. Move Armies in Be to 12D, Move Settler in 11E to 11D
(reserving the right to use 4th action upon resolving battle with barbarian camp)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6-1-1: It is Persia's turn!

As a note, you don't actually get to choose which leader comes next - it's a random draw. That said, in this case, you lucked out!

Xerxes has retired! Long live Cyrus the Great!

Persia gets either a Gold or a Culture from Banking - and also gets to place where Cyrus is.

Persia attacks a Barbarian camp!
Persia's Attack: 4 Armies + Steel Weapons = 4d6+5 = 14! 2 hits!
Barbarian Defence: 2 Armies = 2d6 = 7! 1 hit!
For defeating 2 Barbarians in their camp, Persia gets 2 gold, and may raze the camp or claim it.

Action Queue
- Persia: Banking
- Persia: Place Cyrus.
- Persia: Take camp, or raze?

Green - Mykkel - Persia (Cyrus the Great)
On Table: Trojan Horse (When attacking a city, attacker may pay 1 Culture and 1 Wood to prevent any Combat Card from being played first round, and then gain 1 VP.)

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Sorry for the delay in response. I'll take the culture from banking this time.
Place the leader in Be.
raze the camp.

I'd also like to use Heroic general out of my hand, and improve Pe's mood. If I read this right I can spend 1 mood in addition to the effects of the card for civic improvement?

If so that should leave me 2 mood left to activate Nationalism.
4. Action Activate Pe, build fortress using Gold for necessary resources.

Also, I think one of my objectives should have been revealed during the previous status phase. Can you double check?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6-1-1: It is Persia's turn, cont!

For razing the camp, Persia gets another Gold.
Persia reveals CIVILIZER: Reveal immediately whenever capturing a Barbarian settlement that had at least two Units in it. (Yes, you capture a camp even if you immediately raze it...)

Persia plays Heroic General:

quote:

Play after winning a battle against an enemy Army or Barbarian. Increase the mood of a city of your choice for free, then take a Civic Improvement action at no action cost.
Pe's Mood is improved, then 1 Mood improves it a second time.

TURN 6-1-2: It is Babylonia's turn!

Don't forget you have a free Settler from the second city takeover to place.

Action Queue
- Babylonia: 3 actions.

Red - Jon Joe - Egypt (Ramses II)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
0) Place settler in gardens
1) collect gardens - 1 woods, 2 ore, 1 food +1 food canals
2) Build 2 Infantry in plains
3) Move all 4 infantry, leader, settler into woods southeast of gardens

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Leith Maclaine posted:

3) Move all 4 infantry, leader, settler into woods southeast of gardens

After building 2 Infantry, you'll have 5 infantry on the board - which one were you leaving behind?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

One of the ones in plains.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry for the delay here - I'm going through the turn and something's not working out.

You start at 0 Food, collect 2, then spend 2 buying Infantry in Plains. In order to move all your units into the space SE of Gardens, the units in Plains need to move 2 spaces by activating Roads, but you don't have any Food left. You'd either have to Draft one of the units (to save 1 Food for Roads) or move them 1 space (i.e. don't activate Roads at all).

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Then move everyone to form up in the mountains hex between plains and gardens.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6-1-3: It is China's turn!

Action Queue
- China: 3 actions.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

poo poo sorry lost track. Collect 4f3o from south city then build 1 army in each city captured gaining 1 mood each

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6-1-4: It is Egypt's turn!

Action Queue
- Egypt: 3 actions.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
0. Gain 3 gold from trade routes
1. Spend 2 ideas to take drama and music, gaining 2 mood
1.3. Convert a culture token into a mood token.
1.6. Spend 1 mood to treat my unhappy cities as neutral this turn.
1.9. Spend 1 culture token to take cultural influence for free. Play Cultural Awe to target the barbarian camp. Remind me, do I need to spend cultural tokens to boost it before the roll, or can I wait to see what the roll is?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
1.99 I'm targeting E13 and turning it into a soldier. Name the city Spore.
2. Move action, soldier into Be, gaining 2 gold, settler into Spore, settler at I9 to J8
3. Pay 1 ore, 1 food, 2 gold for 2 soldiers in Be. Gain 1 mood.
3.5. Pay 2 gold to disable fortress's free hits.
4. Pay 2 mood to move both my my new soldiers from Be to Alef - paying 1 gold and 1 culture for Trojan horse, gaining 1 VP and, I believe, guaranteeing I capture the city without any rolls? However if this assumption is incorrect please let me know (I don't know if I still need to score a 'hit' vs a fortress i've disabled with no other troops). Gain 2 gold from this as well.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 23, 2020

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh and the addition moves from the second move - settler in Spore to e11, settler at J8 to J6

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6-1-4: It is Egypt's turn!

Egypt plays Cultural Awe, targeting E13.

Cultural Awe posted:

After declaring a Cultural Influence action, play this card to target a Barbarian settlement rather than a player (all other rules apply). If successful, replace the city with one of yours. If there are any Barbarian units, you may convert one into a matching unit in your color (including Cavalry or Elephants) or gain a Settler.

Egypt rolls 5! They successfully influence the barbarians!
(Yes, you get to boost a CI's roll after rolling. The only thing you have to do before is boost range, if applicable.)

Be is the target of a surprise assault! They have no defenders, and Cyrus the Great is struck down! Egypt gains 2 VP.
For taking a happy city, Egypt gets 2 Gold, and Persia gets a Settler in a city of their choice.

A trojan horse trundles into Alef! Along with some siege weaponry, I guess! Egypt gains 1 VP.
(The rules are somewhat lacking in what exactly happens here. I read it as: the presence of the fortress turn 1 prevents Egypt from taking over the city, but they don't need to roll because there are no enemies that can take hits. Turn 2, the fortress no longer has an effect, and Egypt takes the city.)
For taking a happy city, Egypt gets 2 Gold, and Persia gets a Settler in a city of their choice.

TURN 6.2.1 - It is Persia's turn!

Action Queue
- Persia: Oof. Place 2 free settlers, take 3 actions.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Put a settler in C11 if that is a allowed hex. Put a settler in 12D.

I'm going to have to think of what my actions are. Looks like I"m fubarred pretty well. Good job Egypt.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Just to be clear, the new Settlers have to show up in your city, I just asked on habit / because there might be weird reasons not to want one.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Oh. Never mind put them in the city.
I’ll get orders up tomorrow.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

0. Get 1 gold.
1.Tech advance with gold, Circus and Sports, Think that gets me 2 mood tokens thanks to Free Education)
2. Activate Pe, Build Army with 1 food 1 ore, get 1 mood token from Nationalism.
3. Move Settler D10 to C11, Armies 12D into Spore. 1 Army from Pe into 11E.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6.2.1 - It is Persia's turn!

Persia may rotate the revealed tile if they wish, since placement is ambiguous.

Spore is retaken!
For taking a happy city, Persia gets 1 Gold, and Egypt gets a free Settler. Speaking of, an Egyptian Settler is killed!

Action Queue
- Persia: Rotate tile?
- Egypt: Place free settler.
- Persia: Absolute Power?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Please rotate tile.
Keep the city.
no absolute power.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Settler in Branch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6.2.2 - It is Babylonia's turn!

Action Queue
- Babylonia: 3 actions.