Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Hi, I wanted to share some of my recent traditional game inspired art, I hope it's ok.

I think it might be cool if people share their own traditional games art or notable examples and observations.

Some recent D&D 5e characters.

I generated random characters with a web based generator ( https://tetra-cube.com/dnd/dnd-char-gen.html )

Human, 51 male, ranger (monster slayer), outlander

Tabaxi, 27 female, warlock (undying), investigator

Mountain Dwarf, 250 male, sorcerer (stone sorcery), soldier

Other fantasy:

Cyberpunk inspired, Shadowrun / Dark Conspiracy

This was a commission for a goon (Agrinja) but I think it's in the theme:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
These are sick as gently caress, nice work

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Wrestlepig posted:

These are sick as gently caress, nice work

Thank you very much! <3

Edit:
here's another guy-

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 28, 2019

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Here's another one I hope you might like it's a D&D wizard character:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
hmm i looked but you don't seem to have included a commission link or anything, please rectify.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

These are really good looking, way better than some art ive seen in published books.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

hmm i looked but you don't seem to have included a commission link or anything, please rectify.

Upsie :D
You can send me a DM or contact via email: nadavigra@gmail.com
This is my webzone, there's some social links and whatever:
https://nadavigra.wixsite.com/nadav-igra

Upmarket Mango posted:

These are really good looking, way better than some art ive seen in published books.

Wow! Thank you very much. It's my dream to draw for published books some day.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Here's another character: Yuan-ti pureblood, fighter - battlemaster, noble

(a HEMA guy told me the hand positions were good so I'm pleased)

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Decided to rework the previous drawing in hopes of improving it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i did like the little snake flag but removing the shot trap on the chest is the better decision imo.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

i did like the little snake flag but removing the shot trap on the chest is the better decision imo.

Thanks. It's a bit of a conflict for the design of armored fantasy characters that I have- between showing the metal armor and having cool/interesting fabric.
In the same theme here's a skeleton warrior drawing and a custom monster automaton I drew for a DM:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Here are some more recent creations

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Really cool commission for Dragonshade Studio. A short story of a Barbarian character's life in three images.

The Barbarian fought a Skeleton King on a snowy plane.

He was shot to death by ambushing Orcs when he burst through a door.

The Barbarian was burned on a pyre by the sea.

Tried various forms of expression to suit the different images.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I love that gnome necromancer.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Bieeanshee posted:

I love that gnome necromancer.

Thank you! I've been thinking of Necromancer Gnome character for literally ages. It's the perfect combination.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.
I really dig that tabaxi in your first post! Also both the skeleton warrior and the skeleton with the like plant/mushroom growth look really awesome! I really like the dark and kind of comic-book feel to your art.

Also, since you suggested people post their own traditional games art, I'll throw a few I've done which I like best.

My samsaran chaos mage, Passim, and her pet demon jellyfish (13th age)

A friend's tiefling necromancer, Merca, who spent most of the campaign convincing gullible people to go with her to "Midnight Sales" (4e)

My dad's elf monk, Yew Nutcracker (5e I think)

A few others I was commissioned to draw and liked how they turned out:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

GlassLotus posted:

I really dig that tabaxi in your first post! Also both the skeleton warrior and the skeleton with the like plant/mushroom growth look really awesome! I really like the dark and kind of comic-book feel to your art.

Also, since you suggested people post their own traditional games art, I'll throw a few I've done which I like best.

My samsaran chaos mage, Passim, and her pet demon jellyfish (13th age)

A friend's tiefling necromancer, Merca, who spent most of the campaign convincing gullible people to go with her to "Midnight Sales" (4e)

My dad's elf monk, Yew Nutcracker (5e I think)

A few others I was commissioned to draw and liked how they turned out:

COOL!!!! I love these. Nicely done.
Thank you for the nice compliments :D
Couple of character portraits from just recently:

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
These are super good, remind me of some of the old mid 90s RPG gamebook covers.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Hellbeard posted:

Thanks. It's a bit of a conflict for the design of armored fantasy characters that I have- between showing the metal armor and having cool/interesting fabric.
In the same theme here's a skeleton warrior drawing and a custom monster automaton I drew for a DM:

These are awesome and inspiring. Is it okay if I sculpt them?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Hedningen posted:

These are awesome and inspiring. Is it okay if I sculpt them?

Sure! There are few compliments as satisfying for an artist as inspiring another. Thank you very much! <3 Please share with me what you come up with I'd love to see it (feel free to take as much license as you want).

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Cross-post from the sculpting thread:

Hedningen posted:

Lot I’m dissatisfied with on this (right arm is wonky, face is terrible, ankles need work, lots of flattening and evening needed for armor edges), but I’m trying to get back into sculpting with quick and dirty sculpts. This guy needs details and refinishing, but not bad for a day’s work and use as practice for doing armor.

Sorry that my bad sculpting isn’t up to your art! Definitely going to revisit this concept again - I like trying different things with art-inspired sculpts.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Hedningen posted:

Cross-post from the sculpting thread:

Sorry that my bad sculpting isn’t up to your art! Definitely going to revisit this concept again - I like trying different things with art-inspired sculpts.

Very cool! I love it! So awesome. I'm sending some tips for sculpting miniatures in the DM.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
A buddy of mine does the art for Columbia Games and I was able to commission him to illustrate my last Apocalypse World character and it's a fuckin' rad piece. If you enjoy the style, check him out https://www.richardluschek.com/

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

BlackIronHeart posted:

A buddy of mine does the art for Columbia Games and I was able to commission him to illustrate my last Apocalypse World character and it's a fuckin' rad piece. If you enjoy the style, check him out https://www.richardluschek.com/

Cool, I dig it!
Clicked through the link: wow! I really like this guy.
Followed.

Here are some additional game art style drawings of mine:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

These are all rad but I really like this one.

'Yeah, this thing says he's dead.'

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

BlackIronHeart posted:

These are all rad but I really like this one.

'Yeah, this thing says he's dead.'

Thank you! lol I like your read on it :D

Here's a new drawing I kind of like that's sort of maybe done for now:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

UPDATE:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Here are a couple more that fit the theme:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

I think these all qualify - if you have suggestions for what themes are good for me to explore or what would be cool to draw - I want to learn!

:keke:

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
I like the skeleton's grip on the sword, it's super dynamic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Digging evil steppe Karnov and his armored boar.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
drat, some really neat art in this thread, great work!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Check out some drawings that I made between then and now:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leonardo Di Caprio pointing at tv screen.jpg

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
Here are all the art pieces I have had commissioned so far.

Raleigh

Lich

- Artist of both these pieces wishes to remain uncredited.

Bradley

- Bella Bergolts

tesseract
Aug 28, 2004

[...]

tesseract fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 10, 2023

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.

OP did a great job on my character, and at very affordable prices!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

tesseract posted:

I was wondering what the avatar text of the OP was about, looked at his Rap Sheet, and, well...

Seems the OP is a fascist. Just FYI, if that is a thing you care about.

trapstar posted:

OP did a great job on my character, and at very affordable prices!
A tragedy in two parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

tesseract posted:

I was wondering what the avatar text of the OP was about, looked at his Rap Sheet, and, well...

Seems the OP is a fascist. Just FYI, if that is a thing you care about.

"Oh hey this art is pretty cool, I like the gobbos"

*reads this*

:redass: