Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/BrodyAMiller/status/1198448526306562048

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1198381103041699841

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1198356334409682945

Penn State covered against Ohio State. The Pac-12 is probably out of the playoff race because a North team lost in Tempe at night, again. Texas and Texas A&M combined will end up paying their coaches a little over $1 million dollars per win this season. And Manny Diaz is always welcome to crash at Dan Mullen's place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LLCoolJD posted:

FIU lost 37-7 to FAU in their last game. :laugh:

The Diaz experience isn't off to a good start. Don't get your coaches from Temple is the lesson, I guess.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

LLCoolJD posted:

The Diaz experience isn't off to a good start. Don't get your coaches from Temple is the lesson, I guess.

Conduct an actual coaching search is another

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Adun posted:

Conduct an actual coaching search is another

I mean, it’s year one. But also they shouldn’t lose to loving FIU.

Miami has been rear end for like 10+ years. So crazy.

Also I didn’t notice but Texas lost to Baylor? Wow.

How many years deep is The Genius Wunderkind now?

poo poo seems bad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA's held its opponents to 20 points or less through 11 games for the first time since 1968, and every game since September has been a one-score clown show because Jim Coley's mesozoically dumb rear end doesn't know what it's doing. You know what would be great? If this offense actually ran like Kirby feigns to the media that it does: conservative, clock-eating, road-grading. Instead, every player looks confused, and annoyed, and concerned. And all the while, Coley just stares a hole into nothingness. If you were to launch a nuclear strike on Sanford, I still think he’d just be sitting there, staring, mouth slightly agape, establishing the run.

I can't loving watch this offense. These guys are the Ottoman Empire of football. Swift yelling at Fromm. Fromm yelling at Kirby. Kirby yelling at Pickens. Just the most miserable, baffling, annoying, flatulent viewing experience possible. No hustle, trust, love, nothing.

UGA salted that game away because D'Andre Swift is a top 5 back in UGA history and juked guys out of their pants in space. If he were less of a Dawg, he would've been planted behind the LOS. In other words, it says absolute DICK about Coley that we got a couple first downs to end the game. Does he know this? Does he care?

Reader, he does not. Say what you will about Schottenheimer and Chaney in his lesser moments, but those guys knew how to react to stimuli. Chaney was happy when his plays worked; sad when they didn't. Schotty was an arrogant lazy sack of poo poo, but he fought for his opinion with the staff (and if rumor is true, got his bell rung for it). Coley has...nothing. Just sits there.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 24, 2019

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Herm played to win the game.

Very excited to be in Ann Arbor next weekend for yet another drubbing by Ohio State.

E: Between the Lions in the NFL being rear end and Michigan staring down the Ohio State juggernaut I told my wife that she might get a football-free Thanksgiving at my parents' place for the first time since we started dating. She politely told me that I was full of poo poo :lol:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 24, 2019

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UGA flirting with titles but being completely and painfully unwatchable on offense is like my favorite development of the Kirby era.

I know that pain, and enjoy when others must suffer through it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It's Michigan week and obviously I hope we beat the poo poo out of them but it doesn't have as much impact this year because even if we lose and don't get blown out if we win the Big Ten Championship we are probably going to be in the playoff. But still gently caress Michigan.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

UGA flirting with titles but being completely and painfully unwatchable on offense is like my favorite development of the Kirby era.

I'd argue it's even worse, because an offense with UGA's talent level could easily be decent if any rando fan off the street was coaching it, and I do mean that. The pre-game prep would go like this:

Fan-coach: Hey Jake, you suck lately.
Fromm: I don't like taking forever to run plays.
Fan-coach: Oh, cool, you can run them quicker now.

Ta-daaaaaaaaa

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

D.N. Nation posted:

I'd argue it's even worse, because an offense with UGA's talent level could easily be decent if any rando fan off the street was coaching it, and I do mean that. The pre-game prep would go like this:

Fan-coach: Hey Jake, you suck lately.
Fromm: I don't like taking forever to run plays.
Fan-coach: Oh, cool, you can run them quicker now.

Ta-daaaaaaaaa

I'm curious how your fan base feels about Fields having success at Ohio State? Do you guys think he would make the offense better?Or it wouldnt matter because it's the coaching staffs fault? I didn't really follow what happened with the QB situation at Georgia before he left.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

2017 UGA was perfectly fine as far as offense went, and even 2018 was fine for the most part. Coley just is abad OC and Cheney was average to above average.

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm curious how your fan base feels about Fields having success at Ohio State? Do you guys think he would make the offense better?Or it wouldnt matter because it's the coaching staffs fault? I didn't really follow what happened with the QB situation at Georgia before he left.

I kinda don't think it would matter because I think we refused to have plays and a scheme in place that would take advantage of the things that Fields does well.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I remember that 2012 UF defense being championship caliber and if our offense had had a pulse we probably could have played for, if not won, a title that year. We were in the BCS discussion by years end even with Driskel as QB.

Even those Mac era defenses were stout as gently caress but we couldn’t move the ball. We wasted so much defensive talent it makes me sick to think about it.

It is maddening.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Fields decided to leave right after last year's SECCG. At that point, Fromm had put together a very solid back half of the season in an offense that was humming, and was awesome against Alabama. Star-making performance. In no universe would the coaching staff then say, oh hey, sorry Jake, we're gonna give the starting job to the backup who visibly doesn't know the playbook. And so Fields decided to go to a place where he could start, as he should have. (I never really liked the way UGA did the rotation in 2018, which seemed to maximize loving with each guy's head. Or Kirby would stubbornly stick with Fromm when "Justin runs for a couple yards" was all a play needed.)

Fields would add the wrinkle of taking off when our WRs can't get open, but other than that....2010 Cam Newton would suck in this offense. It's crappily designed to be at the same time too restrictive of the QB (takes forever to get the play in, requires Fromm to talk to anyone and everyone pre-snap, doesn't let Fromm call his own number which he can actually do) and not restrictive enough (our passing trees simply don't exist). Likewise, if Jake Fromm were running tOSU's offense and running up the score on Rutgers and Maryland, he'd be a Heisman candidate.

Saddest thing is that all this offensive flatulence has absolutely destroyed Fromm's confidence. Dude's on the same page with no one. Hurts to watch. If Coley isn't canned, I wouldn't blame Fromm for taking 6th round money and holding a clipboard than coming back to this horror show. Look at yesterday's last drive. Fromm runs a read with Swift, but right into the teeth of the A&M defense because 1) everyone's movement after the snap was stilted because this offense has no rhythm, and 2) everyone knew Fromm wasn't going to keep it even though he could've easily. And so Swift jaws Fromm out on national TV for nearly getting him killed. All the while Coley just sits there, mouth semi-agape. If Kirby can't see that his players hate this stuff and soon recruits will too...

KKKLIP ART posted:

2017 UGA was perfectly fine as far as offense went, and even 2018 was fine for the most part. Coley just is abad OC and Cheney was average to above average.

2018 was legit awesome on offense IMO, though had this weird yips thing about running stuff with goal to go. And 2017 actually was what Kirby acts like this offense is...ploddy but dominates field position and can hit the killshots.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 24, 2019

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I hope Arkansas wins and I get a new coaching staff (Ryan Walters can stay) for the holidays

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bowl game bitches!

The turn-around for Tennessee from those first couple games to now is unreal

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

UCONN is now on an 18 game conference losing streak. Next weekend is their last chance to get a win in the AAC. They are up against Temple on the road.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Twins will always get swept by the Yankees in the playoffs, the Stars are better off in Dallas, Jucy Lucys are a cheeseburger with more work, the Mall of America is not a loving landmark, and Klobuchar is the name of a Pokemon.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mike_V posted:

I hope Arkansas wins and I get a new coaching staff (Ryan Walters can stay) for the holidays

Please santa I have been very good this year

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
UGA squandering generational talent on baffling schemes and playcalling is sadly nothing new

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Also I didn’t notice but Texas lost to Baylor? Wow.

How many years deep is The Genius Wunderkind now?

poo poo seems bad.

Baylor's somehow pretty good and Texas is...not entirely back.

That's not close to the most embarrassing thing Texas has done this year. TCU is probably the worst loss I guess? But the Kansas game has to be the biggest wtf are you doing moment even though they managed to squeak out a win.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Nebraska = back
Figs = wasps

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Excited to whomp on the sorry rear end huskers with at least 6 field goals

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/gopherfootball/status/1198420783791562752?s=21

we’re keeping the axe baby

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Seaniqua posted:

Nebraska = back
Figs = wasps

Figs are still delicious, and the revelation of the dissolved wasps won't change that.

Nebraska football will do you far more harm in the long run.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

*taps microphone*

Good teams win, great teams cover. Go Hogs :razorback:

Thank god this season is almost over, we are even nice enough to get the blowout loss to Kelly Bryant done with on Friday so we can all just enjoy Saturday football with nothing left hanging over us

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If OU wins out and gets in the playoff all will be forgiven regarding the '06 OU-Oregon game.

They can keep the ball, we'll take the playoff spot.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TipTow posted:

If OU wins out and gets in the playoff all will be forgiven regarding the '06 OU-Oregon game.

They can keep the ball, we'll take the playoff spot.

lol Bama gonna sneak in the playoff over whatever Big XII champ and win the natty with a backup QB and consolation t-shirts from the SECW.

We’d better mentally prepare ourselves now for it.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Poor Goldie you try so hard.Why couldn't you have just beaten Iowa?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LLCoolJD posted:

Matt Rhule is doing perfectly fine for himself.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Poor Goldie you try so hard.Why couldn't you have just beaten Iowa?

because they couldn't block aj epenesa, mostly

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

Matt Rhule is doing perfectly fine for himself.

That's true, I forgot about him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Coco13 posted:

The Twins will always get swept by the Yankees in the playoffs, the Stars are better off in Dallas, Jucy Lucys are a cheeseburger with more work, the Mall of America is not a loving landmark, and Klobuchar is the name of a Pokemon.

As long as you recognize the greatness of Prince and maybe Craig Finn as well

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Coco13 posted:

:hmmyes:

Refreshing to see posts as correct as this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Baylor's somehow pretty good and Texas is...not entirely back.

That's not close to the most embarrassing thing Texas has done this year. TCU is probably the worst loss I guess? But the Kansas game has to be the biggest wtf are you doing moment even though they managed to squeak out a win.

Oh yeah I know Baylor is pretty good this year I guess I’m just more confused at how Texas with unlimited resources, their own network and a lip-kissing boy genius as a coach has looked so bad.

Herman was pretty great at Houston, even if it was only 2 yrs.

They went toe to toe w LSU to open and have looked gutted ever since. Bizarre.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Not even remotely surprised that Oregon dropped one in the desert to derail their playoff hopes, Jayden Daniels will be exciting to watch in the years to come.

Also, lol Huskies

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Kind of surprised Penn State fell out of the top 10 below Michigan.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bama opens -3 against Auburn, figured it'd be a touchdown or so. Is one of those SECCGs vs Florida in '08 or '09 still the last game they weren't the Vegas favorite?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Coco13 posted:

new glarus is a poo poo beer company that no one would care about if they sold it outside of wisconsin

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bama opens -3 against Auburn, figured it'd be a touchdown or so. Is one of those SECCGs vs Florida in '08 or '09 still the last game they weren't the Vegas favorite?

Auburn honestly has maybe the country's best defense and I don't believe in Mac Jones

Honestly I haven't believed in a white quarterback since 2013, this is the lasting legacy of Blake Barnett's hype machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

UGA was favored over Bama in 2015. That's not a typo, and I'm not kidding.