Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i could see bama looking like poo poo and dropping a spot or two even if they win against auburn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Soup du Jour posted:

new glarus is a poo poo beer company that no one would care about if they sold it outside of wisconsin

this is true

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Memphis and Cincinnati play twice in six days...one in Black Friday and the other the AAC title game on December 5th. The winner on Friday has to beat the loser again to get to the Cotton Bowl. Otherwise, for all the AAC’s strength and eye test and favorable metrics, it’s Boise State.

Opponent looks to be a third or fourth place team in the SEC or Big Ten, which could be Minnesota but also Alabama.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

someone on untapped posted:

I had Spotted Cow once, so I am fully qualified to say that

Soup du Jour posted:

new glarus is a poo poo beer company that no one would care about if they sold it outside of wisconsin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

They went toe to toe w LSU to open and have looked gutted ever since. Bizarre.

Lot of injuries, especially in the secondary, but it's not like the secondary was crushing people when all the starters were healthy anyway.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Oh yeah I know Baylor is pretty good this year I guess I’m just more confused at how Texas with unlimited resources, their own network and a lip-kissing boy genius as a coach has looked so bad.

Herman was pretty great at Houston, even if it was only 2 yrs.

They went toe to toe w LSU to open and have looked gutted ever since. Bizarre.

They've just collapsed down the stretch on offense. Defense has looked undisciplined all year, injuries aside, and continues to regress.

With all season goals off the table now and already being bowl eligible, have to imagine the team will continue poorly going through the motions.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Wow I can't believe football is just over

Crazy that the sport is forever dead now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Raku posted:

Honestly I haven't believed in a white quarterback since 2013, this is the lasting legacy of Blake Barnett's hype machine

Mac Jones was a 3* according to 247. Why was Alabama slumming it?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They just needed a gap filler between the two flyin Hawaiians

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Kind of surprised Penn State fell out of the top 10 below Michigan.

Don't worry, that will correct itself next week

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Mac Jones was a 3* according to 247. Why was Alabama slumming it?

no major prospect wanted to commit just to be stuck behind Hurts and Tua

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 24, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

no major prospect wanted to commit just be stuck behind Hurts and Tua

It's funny that there's a world out there where no one knows who Gardner Minshew is because he decided to transfer in order to do this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

no major prospect wanted to commit just to be stuck behind Hurts and Tua

Dagummit, pawl, they should be HONORED to ride the pine for 4 years before losing the starting job to a freshman phenom in 2023.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So assuming Oregon and Utah win their final game, Oregon might be in the weird spot that whether they win or lose in the P12CG they go to the Rose Bowl. This is easier if Bama or OU lose their final game/games.

The irony of the Big 12 screwing themselves out of a playoff spot when OU loses the B12CG would be glorious too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There’s a decent chance OU doesn’t make the playoff even if they win out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Maxwells Demon posted:

So assuming Oregon and Utah win their final game, Oregon might be in the weird spot that whether they win or lose in the P12CG they go to the Rose Bowl. This is easier if Bama or OU lose their final game/games.

The irony of the Big 12 screwing themselves out of a playoff spot when OU loses the B12CG would be glorious too.

In theory Baylor would have a shot at the playoffs in that scenario, but in practice, small market private school full of rapists can gently caress off to the Fiesta Bowl or whatever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The words feel so dirty to say, so foreign. So nasty.

go

auburn

*shudders*

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/1198695259313717248?s=20

Maybe it's just me, but aren't we all pretty sure tOSU is going to smoke Michigan?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

In theory Baylor would have a shot at the playoffs in that scenario, but in practice, small market private school full of rapists can gently caress off to the Fiesta Bowl or whatever.

Unlikely scenario, but if Baylor ends up the only remaining P5 with one loss or less (along with OSU, LSU, and Clemson) I don’t know how they can keep them out. That’s on the table if Bama loses to Auburn and Utah collects another loss.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 24, 2019

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

D.N. Nation posted:

Maybe it's just me, but aren't we all pretty sure tOSU is going to smoke Michigan?

How in the world is Penn State ranked lower then Michigan when their loses are to Minnesota and Ohio State and they beat Michigan? That is baffling.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Even if they beat OSU they'll end up third in the East again and this year really felt like if they were ever going to win the East it had to be this year.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 24, 2019

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

General Dog posted:

Unlikely scenario, but if Baylor ends up the only remaining P5 with one loss or less (along with OSU, LSU, and Clemson) I don’t know how they can keep them out.

"Well you see Alabama didn't win the SEC, but they pass the eye test better than Baylor."

Same bullshit the SEC gets away with every year. I don't think you should be eligible for the playoffs if you don't win the conference.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Buffs

Views: I went to the Husky forum after the game to see how pissed off they were about losing to my lowly team and holy cow, that is the most spoiled fanbase I've ever seen. Pretty much everyone is calling for Petersen's head and talking about how terrible of a coach he is.... like.... did you guys forget the Ty Willingham years or the fact that you went to the Rose Bowl last year? Those Husky fans really don't deserve him, hopefully he leaves and Willingham comes back

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Smiling Mandrill posted:

"Well you see Alabama didn't win the SEC, but they pass the eye test better than Baylor."

Same bullshit the SEC gets away with every year. I don't think you should be eligible for the playoffs if you don't win the conference.

An SEC runner-up had never gotten in over a P5 conference champ with fewer losses. I don’t believe an SEC runner-up has ever gotten in over a P5 champ with the same number of losses either.

In fact for all the hand-wringing, the SEC has placed multiple teams in the playoff exactly one time in five years.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 25, 2019

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA's held its opponents to 20 points or less through 11 games for the first time since 1968, and every game since September has been a one-score clown show because Jim Coley's mesozoically dumb rear end doesn't know what it's doing. You know what would be great? If this offense actually ran like Kirby feigns to the media that it does: conservative, clock-eating, road-grading. Instead, every player looks confused, and annoyed, and concerned. And all the while, Coley just stares a hole into nothingness. If you were to launch a nuclear strike on Sanford, I still think he’d just be sitting there, staring, mouth slightly agape, establishing the run.

I can't loving watch this offense. These guys are the Ottoman Empire of football. Swift yelling at Fromm. Fromm yelling at Kirby. Kirby yelling at Pickens. Just the most miserable, baffling, annoying, flatulent viewing experience possible. No hustle, trust, love, nothing.

UGA salted that game away because D'Andre Swift is a top 5 back in UGA history and juked guys out of their pants in space. If he were less of a Dawg, he would've been planted behind the LOS. In other words, it says absolute DICK about Coley that we got a couple first downs to end the game. Does he know this? Does he care?

Reader, he does not. Say what you will about Schottenheimer and Chaney in his lesser moments, but those guys knew how to react to stimuli. Chaney was happy when his plays worked; sad when they didn't. Schotty was an arrogant lazy sack of poo poo, but he fought for his opinion with the staff (and if rumor is true, got his bell rung for it). Coley has...nothing. Just sits there.

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to your team on behalf of CU fans everywhere for preventing us from hiring Coley. All of us were super excited at the prospect of Tucker bringing Coley in as offensive coordinator when he got hired and were super disappointed when Georgia convinced him to stay there. But wow, can you imagine how horrible CU would be right now if Coley was our offensive coordinator? Considering how bad he's been with a roster of 4/5 stars? What would he have done with our 2/3 star roster? Just negative points every game? I shudder at the thought

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

Michigan is much improved but also there's not much shame in being smoked by OSU. They should be their biggest test.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Even if they beat OSU they'll end up third in the East again and this year really felt like if they were ever going to win the East it had to be this year.

They'll be disappointed with that for sure but again, it felt that way because nobody knew OSU would be this good this fast.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas bad but at least they kept a couple conference games close this year. And beat Tech.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

D.N. Nation posted:

Fields decided to leave right after last year's SECCG. At that point, Fromm had put together a very solid back half of the season in an offense that was humming, and was awesome against Alabama. Star-making performance. In no universe would the coaching staff then say, oh hey, sorry Jake, we're gonna give the starting job to the backup who visibly doesn't know the playbook. And so Fields decided to go to a place where he could start, as he should have. (I never really liked the way UGA did the rotation in 2018, which seemed to maximize loving with each guy's head. Or Kirby would stubbornly stick with Fromm when "Justin runs for a couple yards" was all a play needed.)

I mean, isn't that basically what Dabo said to that qb who went to mizzou who's name I can't remember for some reason?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

dphi posted:

Not even remotely surprised that Oregon dropped one in the desert to derail their playoff hopes, Jayden Daniels will be exciting to watch in the years to come.

Also, lol Huskies

I lowkey love how all the Oregon fans are like "we lost but at least Washington lost to, haha!" and all the Washington fans are like "we lost but at least Oregon lost to, haha!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DrunkPanda posted:

I mean, isn't that basically what Dabo said to that qb who went to mizzou who's name I can't remember for some reason?

Kelly Bryant lost his starting job after starting all the year before and playing in a national championship game. I mean, Clemson absolutely did the right thing but the situations seem pretty different.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas bad but at least they kept a couple conference games close this year. And beat Tech.

I sincerely hope the Hatter can get y'all to a bowl game in the next couple years

The last thing the Big 12 needs is another 6-6 team but Kansas football is cool and that'd be a neat story.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 25, 2019

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

I lowkey love how all the Oregon fans are like "we lost but at least Washington lost to, haha!" and all the Washington fans are like "we lost but at least Oregon lost to, haha!"

Sometimes it's all you've got to take in the schadenfreude from your rivals' loss.

I didn't see the Ducks as being ready for the playoffs in year two of Cristobal as coach but it was a pleasant surprise to see the success so far. A Rose Bowl would be more than enough for me to be happy with this season.

I can definitely understand the frustration of UW fans in a year where they have a very talented roster and an established system in place, though this also adds a nice hint sweetness to their outpouring of tears.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

General Dog posted:

An SEC runner-up had never gotten in over a P5 conference champ with fewer losses. I don’t believe an SEC runner-up has ever gotten in over a P5 champ with the same number of losses either.

In fact for all the hand-wringing, the SEC has placed multiple teams in the playoff exactly one time in five years.

The year Bama made it in as the second SEC team there were no other 1 loss P5 conference champs. I think that I think a 1 loss P5 champ gets in over a 1 loss Bama this year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

For all the concern about SEC bias, it’s been Ohio State that has probably accounted for the two most controversial playoff inclusions.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

D.N. Nation posted:

I will admit to being one of those people calling for blood after Michigan got smoked by Wisconsin, but it came on the heels of them looking pretty so-so in their OOC games. I don't think Michigan will be Back, Baby until they can win those road games against ranked opponents, which they don't really do these days.

And yeah Ohio State is going to trounce them. I know I shouldn't bother watching but I know I'll be sucked in for at least a half :negative:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

dphi posted:

Sometimes it's all you've got to take in the schadenfreude from your rivals' loss.

I didn't see the Ducks as being ready for the playoffs in year two of Cristobal as coach but it was a pleasant surprise to see the success so far. A Rose Bowl would be more than enough for me to be happy with this season.

I can definitely understand the frustration of UW fans in a year where they have a very talented roster and an established system in place, though this also adds a nice hint sweetness to their outpouring of tears.

I mean, the basic fact is we had to replace a whole lotta guys on both sides and Eason is playing like a guy who had the preseason expectations go to his head and is playing hero ball.

Our offense has been all kinds of wack this season and a large part of that falls on the coaches. But calling for Petersen to be fired is some loving stupid spoiled fanbase poo poo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think that I think a 1 loss P5 champ gets in over a 1 loss Bama this year.

I'm getting Mark Wahlberg-level nostril flare from the naivity of this post.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Again, the Bama thing, while possible, is without precedent 5 years in.

Write this down- if the playoff committee has a bias, it is toward keeping as many of the P5 conferences happy with the arrangement as possible from year to year.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think a 1 loss P5 champ gets in over a 1 loss Bama this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LLCoolJD posted:

We don't have a lot of historical precedent to go on, but the only times a 1 loss P5 conference champ has been left out is the first year, when there were 5 and the Big 12 got penalized for not playing a CCG, and the year OSU went in over PSU.

In 2017 a bunch of teams were right behind Bama with 2 losses that would been ahead with only 1 loss.