Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Finally Ben Baldwin has tracked down who the dastardly teams that are truly bailed out by the refs are:

I always knew the refs had it out for us (also gently caress our oline can't stop loving up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

The Athletic came out with their all 2010 decade team:

https://theathletic.com/1403890/2019/11/26/the-2010s-nfl-all-decade-team/

The list if you are a cheap bastard:

QB: Tom Brady (unanimous)
RBs: Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch
WRs: Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson
TE: Rob Gronkowski (u)
Tackle: Joe Thomas (u), Tyron Smith
Guard: Marshal Yanda. Zack Martin
Center: Maurkice Pouncey

Edge: Von Miller, Chandler Jones
DL: Aaron Donald, JJ Watt. Calais Campbell
LB: Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner
CB: Richard Sherman. Patrick Peterson, Darrelle Revis
Safety: Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor

K: Justin Tucker (u)
Punter: Johnny Hekker (u)
PR: Devin Hester (u)
KR: Cordarrelle Patterson (u)
Gunner: Matthew Slater (u)

God drat Seattle had a stacked defense.

Ah yes, underrated player Marshal Yanda.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

OxySnake posted:

I've been tasked with an hourderve.
:chef: hors d'oeuvre

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sorry if this is in a bad format to read, phone posting

also he could pad his stats even more if he didn't sit constantly for at least half a quarter

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's the record for most games benched due to insurmountable lead in a season? Jackson is at 4 with 11 games under his belt.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1199375545315864577

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What's the record for most games benched due to insurmountable lead in a season? Jackson is at 4 with 11 games under his belt.

Matt Cassel's at 6 for 2007 all when the Pats were up like 4 scores, might want to check Peyton '04.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not even going to bother looking up Manning's back up's stats. That psychopath almost never left the game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Matt Cassel's at 6 for 2007 all when the Pats were up like 4 scores, might want to check Peyton '04.

Not all that much. Jim Sorgi got time in 4 games, including the last game of the season where Peyton and the starters played one series and then took the day off. Checking the game logs on PFR, Manning played into the 4th and let Sorgi come in to finish twice, and in the Thanksgiving game they took him out after 6 TDs in three quarters. :manning: being :manning:, he'd stay in a lot and hand it off to Edge and Rhodes, throwing a handful of passes even when they were up, kinda like he did with the Broncos in 2013, where Brock Osweiler had something like 20 total snaps on the season.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I looked up the 1999 Rams, and it's kinda similar. In a bunch of their blowouts, Warner would stay in for a handful of passes in a bunch of blow outs, but they'd be giving it to Faulk or various backups 8 out of 10 plays.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 26, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not even going to bother looking up Manning's back up's stats. That psychopath almost never left the game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I also realized the other problem with '04 Peyton is that the D was bad enough that they didn't completely blow out *that* many teams (only 5)

Here's the teams since 1990 to win at least 6 times by 20+ points

'07 Patriots - 10
'99 Rams - 9
'96 Packers - 8
7:
'98 Vikings
'14 Patriots
'12 Patriots
'94 49ers
'91 Washington
6:
'15 Cardinals
'97 Broncos
'13 Broncos
'17 Jaguars
'03 Chiefs
'10 Patriots
'98 Jets
'01 Rams
'10 Chargers
'13 Seahawks
'95 49ers

Can we count the 2017 Jaguars considering Bortles is worse then most garbage time backups?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

forgot to post this sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCiQASnw6o

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

I always knew the refs had it out for us (also gently caress our oline can't stop loving up)

Cheating doesn't pay in this national football league, imo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Holy poo poo. That dude just had the worst 20 years imaginable.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Cowboys vs. Bills is the battle of extremely fraudulent winning records

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember one game in 2013 where the Seahawks were blowing out an opponent so they brought in Tarvaris Jackson who proceeded to put on a clinic in one drive, completing 7 out of 8 passes and scoring a TD just to really rub it in.

Oh yeah, he played in garbage time in the Super Bowl too. That owned.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Sellout posted:

Cowboys vs. Bills is the battle of extremely fraudulent winning records

just like the last cowboys game tbf

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1199420017751871488

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Potentially competent tackle available maybe?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1199422108633370624

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how many first rounders do the patriots get gifted if he's signed?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Potentially competent tackle available maybe?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1199422108633370624

Get on the loving phone, BOB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Intruder posted:

Get on the loving phone, BOB Dorsey

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

how many first rounders do the patriots get gifted if he's signed?

Nothing. He retired like a week after signing because he said his body wouldn't let him play after a workout. Apparently his hips are pretty destroyed, but Pats are removing him from the reserve / retired list, so maybe he feels better now and someone wants to give him a shot. Patriots can't because they've brought two guys back from IR already, so aren't eligible to bring him onto the roster.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I loved the epiphany the commentators were having last night in the twilight of 2019 that maybe it's a smart thing to scheme and plan your team around the players you actually have on your roster instead of making them fit into some bullshit within the OC/coach's head

It's a brave new world in the NFL

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

I loved the epiphany the commentators were having last night in the twilight of 2019 that maybe it's a smart thing to scheme and plan your team around the players you actually have on your roster instead of making them fit into some bullshit within the OC/coach's head

It's a brave new world in the NFL

There's no way it's over.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's no way it's over.

I know lol

I wish I got paid to be an idiot on tv instead of paying to be an idiot here

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bip Roberts posted:

Cheating doesn't pay in this national football league, imo.
There's one guy who would be super sad to find that to be true

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

What'cha making for Thanksgiving? I'm making braised kale as a side & a roasted pumpkin chiffon pie for dessert.
I had Thanksgiving last night because I will be on the road Thursday. It was a brined turkey that was too salty in some parts but always tender, mashed potatoes mixed with mashed cauliflower to be lower calories, and a mix of rainbow chard from Harris Teeter and chard from the garden.

And then tried to put stuffing in a bundt pan to make a cake but it didn't come out of the pan properly.

Nailed it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
We don't really do genocidal rememberance feasts in Scotland but on the 30th it's St. Andrews day so I'll be eating a shitload of Haggis.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
My wife did a brined turkey this year for the first time at Canadian Thanksgiving and it was 10,000 times better than non-brined turkey

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I love genocidal remembrance feasts

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

DariusLikewise posted:

My wife did a brined turkey this year for the first time at Canadian Thanksgiving and it was 10,000 times better than non-brined turkey

You should brine anything with feathers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

In a better world, there’d be one for tff goons

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can have your own tff goon feast if you really want man, no one is stopping you

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Considering that we celebrate a holiday based on false history, yell at the TV while the Cowboys play, stuff our self full of unhealthy food, then the following day fight people over the latest Electronics in a Walmart, Thanksgiving truly is the most American of holidays.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can have your own tff goon feast if you really want man, no one is stopping you

Not yet :d2a:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

You should brine anything with feathers.

Can you brine me Greg

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

A.o.D. posted:

You should brine anything with feathers everything.

Not to get all GWS, but every large chunk of meat benefits from a brine, either a dry brine or a wet brine.

I'm doing a wet brine turkey to roast, a dry brine turkey to smoke. Thankfully the Bears play before I'm eating so I'm not going to be hurling any of that delicious meat.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Someone post the steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Playoff picture:

AFC
10-1 Patriots
9-2 Ravens
6-5 Steelers @ 7-4 Texans
8-3 Bills @ 7-4 Chiefs
--------------
6-5 Raiders
6-5 Colts
6-5 Titans
5-6 Browns

Patriots clinch a berth with win + Raiders, Steelers loss / tie

NFC
10-1 49ers
9-2 Saints
8-3 Vikings @ 8-3 Packers
9-2 Seahawks @ 6-5 Cowboys
-----------------
6-5 Rams
5-6 Bears
5-6 Eagles
5-6 Panthers

Saints clinch NFC South with win or Panthers loss
49ers clinch berth with win + Rams loss

Playoff implications

Vikings @ Seahawks - Funny that there's such a huge lead for these two in the WC that this is way more important for divisional races then that. Vikings take the lead in the North with a win with a tiny chance of a bye, while the Seahawks are staring at a potential week 17 game that could determine a playoff bye with the 49ers.

49ers @ Ravens - Ravens are clawing for the #1 seed, but have a 2 game lead on a bye. 49ers are holding onto the #1 seed by a game, but have a 2 game lead on a bye. It's a very important unimportant game.

Browns @ Steelers - The Steelers find themselves as the 6th seed after the Raiders died against the Jets, while the Browns find themselves only a game back of the playoffs, and a matching 5-3 conference record as the Steelers. This game is basically a win or die game for the Browns, while the Steelers are in the middle of the soft belly of their schedule that they really want to sweep to get to 10 wins and get a WC spot.

Raiders @ Chiefs - This is for the AFC W lead, and also a life or death game for the Raiders. Chiefs gain a pretty insurmountable 2 game lead with a win.

Titans @ Colts - Two 6-5 division rivals in a loser probably dies match. Colts have a much easier road after this (Saints, Panthers, Buccs, Jags) then the Titans (Saints, Texans x2, Raiders), so even with a win, this is a very hard path for the Titans.

Patriots @ Texans - Texans are clinging to the AFC S lead by a game, patriots to the #1 seed. Loser faces a tough, but not devastating road.

Bills @ Cowboys - Bills have a 2 game lead for the wildcard and are 2 back in division, but with the Eagles facing the Dolphins, the Cowboys pretty badly need this game to keep the NFC East.