Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Is Josh Allen actually good, I listened to the radio driving home last night and some old rear end announcer extolled him nonstop as the best young qb in the league over Lamar which is obviously stupid. But is Allen at least a dalton?

Good enough to beat the Cowboys, not good enough to beat the Browns. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1200439986128113667?s=21

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mastershakeman posted:

Is Josh Allen actually good, I listened to the radio driving home last night and some old rear end announcer extolled him nonstop as the best young qb in the league over Lamar which is obviously stupid. But is Allen at least a dalton?

His accuracy has really improved. He's always had a strong arm, good pocket awareness, and a talent for running. Still makes some bad decisions but..yeah, I think he's good.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Look where this Tweet was sent. LOOK AT IT.

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

He is more of Brett Farve, built like a mack truck, fearless and has issues from time to time with poor accuracy/decision making for turnovers.

He is no Red Rocket, but more of the Wrangler

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

DariusLikewise posted:

Wasn't there a rumour that Garrett has been overriding some of the play calling this year, especially in games where the offense has stalled?

Overriding who? Isn't he the OC

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Michael Bennett was the locker room screamer

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CyberPingu posted:

Overriding who? Isn't he the OC

Kellen Moore is the OC

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'm still hesitating in calling allen good. at the very least he's effective which is significantly better than what i'd thought he'd be (which is unplayable)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I don't remember if it was Romo or Nantz, but one of them compared him to Cam Newton and I don't think that's too big a stretch.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kellen Moore is the OC

I see...

Nice to see the Cowboys doing Make a Wish stuff still

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kellen Moore is the OC

Earlier in the Year his gameplan seemed to be working, but now with rumblings of Garrett taking over the offensive playcalling, I think Garrett thinks Kellen coming for his job and is pearl clutching to show he can still call a good offense but it is failing miserably

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Blank McBlankerson posted:

Earlier in the Year his gameplan seemed to be working, but now with rumblings of Garrett taking over the offensive playcalling, I think Garrett thinks Kellen coming for his job and is pearl clutching to show he can still call a good offense but it is failing miserably

I could see that. With Richard getting the most HC buzz in general he's afraid of the wrong person

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I'm sorry Cowboys fans, so sorry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tony Romo should be the next Cowboys coach

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The Bills looked better than anyone at my Thanksgiving location expected. Not sure how to feel about my ancestral team not being terrible!

I also found out my grandpa finally unpacked his Land of Boz poster to put up in the celler/grow room of their house.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Garrett somehow gets in the booth I'm killing you for this not implausible idea

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

would they fire garrett if mitch runs wild on them

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I also found out my grandpa finally unpacked his Land of Boz poster to put up in the celler/grow room of their house.

There are a lot of good Boz things but my favorite might be that he sold a bunch of "Ban the Boz" shirts to Broncos fans who didn't realize he was the one who made them.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

what about tomorrow?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Edward Mass posted:

Look where this Tweet was sent. LOOK AT IT.

I can't speak for the writer here but there are actually a ton of Cowboys fans in Virginia, especially black Cowboys fans. Huge racist George Preston Marshall owning the Skins and the Cowboys being one of the earlier teams to integrate meant a lot of Virginia locals went to the rivals back in the day.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

shirts and skins posted:

I can't speak for the writer here but there are actually a ton of Cowboys fans in Virginia, especially black Cowboys fans. Huge racist George Preston Marshall owning the Skins and the Cowboys being one of the earlier teams to integrate meant a lot of Virginia locals went to the rivals back in the day.

Washington was quite literally the last team to integrate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1200404569223811077?s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:thunk:

Hmm, nothing to see here!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sounds like bookies love them cowboys

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No because then we would lose Tony Romo the analyst which is 10000000% better.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CyberPingu posted:

No because then we would lose Tony Romo the analyst which is 10000000% better.

I feel like the subtext every time Romo talks about teams with quality offensive playcalling is "I wish I got to do this stuff instead of Garrett's stupid loving bullshit."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sean10mm posted:

I feel like the subtext every time Romo talks about teams with quality offensive playcalling is "I wish I got to do this stuff instead of Garrett's stupid loving bullshit."

It's barely subtext at this point

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Sounds like bookies love them cowboys

They covered against the patriots so pat win again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I want GArette to either coach the cowboys forever, of to be replaced by matt nagy immediately, like during the bears game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

I want GArette to either coach the cowboys forever, of to be replaced by matt nagy immediately, like during the bears game.

A long hook cane comes from the sideline and pulls Nagy off screen. After some yelling he is shoved back into frame in a hastily applied Cowboys outfit.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Eh... Garrette as the forever Head Coach of the Cowboys would be hilarious. Nagy might accidentally be good by virtue of not having Mitch Trubisky as QB.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

LabyaMynora posted:

Eh... Garrette as the forever Head Coach of the Cowboys would be hilarious. Nagy might accidentally be good by virtue of not having Mitch Trubisky as QB.

It doesn't matter who you are, i can't imagine Trubisky looking good with anybody as head coach.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers beat the Giants 31-13, and yet the game felt like a nail biter until halfway through the 4th quarter.

During the 2nd quarter I was having visions of the Packers melting down and going 8-8 like the Broncos that one year under McDaniels.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Bal-SF turned out to have that beautiful balance of good execution by both defenses and offenses. I thought the niners D played pretty well all told but Lamar Jackson is just that goddamn good.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Another Ravens-9ers superbowl is gonna be weird

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Jets

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers/Raven game was the one game that was hyped to hell this year and it pays off. Two matched teams and it came down to a last second field goal. (tacky bullshit calls too, we can't have one game without em can we?)
Lamar is just scary. Their run game is just nasty. 49ers defensed played their hearts out to keep it close.

Still a bit mad at Kyle on that 4th and 1. Mossert was having hell of a run game and you throw it.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
^^^ Mostert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m terrible when it comes to names lol. But emphasis he had hell of a game.