Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Awful Big Brother 3, a forum reality game for 14 players.

How does the game work?

Each cycle begins with a competition to determine the Head of Household (HOH). All players except the outgoing HOH may compete for this. The HOH nominates two other players for eviction. The two nominees, the HOH, and 3 other randomly chosen players then compete for the Power of Veto. The person who wins the veto has the option to save either of the nominees from eviction. If one of the nominees is vetoed, then the HOH must choose a new player who is not nominated and does not have the Power of Veto to nominate. Then all houseguests vote for one of the two nominees and the person with the most votes is evicted. Immediately following the eviction is a new HOH competition and the cycle begins again. Once there are only two players remaining a jury consisting of the last 7 players to be evicted will vote to decide which of the remaining players is the winner.

Challenges will be one of three types: forum based, where you will only need access to the forums; puzzle based, where you may have to go to another website or might need image editing software; or game based, where you’ll go offsite somewhere and play a game which will usually require flash. The type of challenge along with its requirements will be announced at the end of the previous day, but you won’t know the exact challenge until game day.

First and foremost though this is a social game where you will be expected to be in communication with your other houseguests on a private and semi-private basis. Not participating in the social aspect will not get you very far. There will be one discord server which will encompass the main house channel, HOH channel, and player confessionals, but any other lines of communication you have with each other is totally up to you!

Schedule

Exactly like ABB2, this will be run on a tight schedule in order for the game to last a total of roughly 6 weeks. The game will run on a 3 day cycle and two cycles will be run each week:

Day 1 (Sundays and Wednesdays): Eviction and HOH Competition
Day 2 (Mondays and Thursdays): Nominations and Veto Competition
Day 3 (Tuesdays and Fridays): Veto Meeting

Everyone will need to be present for Day 1 and Day 2 for anywhere between 1-2 hours, while only the veto holder and HOH need to be around for Day 3, and only for roughly 5 minutes. Day 1 and Day 2 events will be held between 6 and 9pm EST, depending on the player’s availability. Day 3 event can be held at the HOH and Veto holder’s convenience. In the application please specify your availability.

This is a pretty tight schedule, but if it can be kept then the game will last no more than 6 weeks. The planned start for this game will be January 7th. First HOH Competition will be the next day.

Who can apply?

I will be accepting anyone, regardless of whether you have played an FRG before or not, but priority will be given to new players over returning players.

What can I win?!

There will be a $75 prize for the winner and a $25 prize for the runner up. Any attempts to conspire to share, give, buy or bribe another contestant with the prize or items purchased with it (or any other money), is subject to immediate and unilateral disqualification. This is up to my discretion if I think you’re trying to skirt the rules. Don’t try to cheat!

What if I just want to be a creeper and watch?

There will be a Viewer’s Vista channel within the discord server for this game. As with other such games, the vista is for people who are not playing and those who were evicted pre-jury phase. In the vista you will have exclusive access to player confessionals, juicy chatlogs, and upcoming twists. If you would like access to the vista, please PM me either on the forums or on discord (preferably discord) and I will invite you. This will obviously make you ineligible to become a player. As always, please keep what’s said in the vista in the vista and do not talk to current players or jurors about the game.

If after reading all this you’d like to play, here is the Application Form. Applications will be open until January 3rd.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
in

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Its time

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hi! I’m here to make friends! :downs:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hi! I’m here to make friends! :downs:

sounds reasonable

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't forget to fill out the application form at the end of the OP, friends.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo this sounds like 1000% my sort of thing (also i am a shameless bb fan)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am slightly disappointed that your application isn't just word-for-word the official big brother application forum

(im gonna wait until im stoned to fill this out)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh. My. God.

I haven't read the OP yet but I had to post about how psyched I am for this

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello.... friends

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The application has been filled, the contract has been signed, the oaths spoken into the darkness of the night and so forth from this place shall come a great thundering roar, a memory sparked in the primordial shadow. The one named "Meinberg" returns to the place of honor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Working on my application right now!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
submitted my app :D

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm a likable, totally normal, human and here to win your hearts and affection.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Never mind. Apparently I'm not welcome here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Looking forward to watching!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

and lo the voice spoke with in the memory of the gathered, a voice that cried out for comfort and solace in the darkest of hours, and another that responded simply "knives out final four"

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Asiina posted:

If you would like access to the vista, please PM me either on the forums or on discord (preferably discord)

well what's your heckin discord then dude

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
out of curiosity, could you please explain how the social gameplay will work in this game? i understand players will be allowed to communicate however they want, but will there be any sort of common space where all the houseguests can interact, or will it be entirely on us to seek each other out and form connections through PMs?

edit: nvm i reread the OP and see theres a house channel and HOH channel.

i'm assuming the server will have message history switched off? otherwise that might make HOH-room discussions difficult lol

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I was in BB2, been itching to get back in a FRG, sent in an app.

(Also, yes, I'm still working on my game for anybody who's been wondering, it keeps me up at night but I have to figure out some LOGISTICAL stuff before dropping it)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

out of curiosity, could you please explain how the social gameplay will work in this game? i understand players will be allowed to communicate however they want, but will there be any sort of common space where all the houseguests can interact, or will it be entirely on us to seek each other out and form connections through PMs?

edit: nvm i reread the OP and see theres a house channel and HOH channel.

i'm assuming the server will have message history switched off? otherwise that might make HOH-room discussions difficult lol

we use permissions very diligently :3

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
More people should play this

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jen X posted:

More people should play this

im really excited for it
(of course assuming i get cast)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey all!

We're getting close. There's quite a few signups, but I'm concerned that there isn't going to be a cohesive schedule where everyone can play at the same time.

Challenges will take on average about 30 minutes, although most will require a computer to be competitive in. I'll be reaching out to people this next week or so to see if their schedules are as locked in as they say or if we can find some flexibility.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hey all!

We're getting close. There's quite a few signups, but I'm concerned that there isn't going to be a cohesive schedule where everyone can play at the same time.

Challenges will take on average about 30 minutes, although most will require a computer to be competitive in. I'll be reaching out to people this next week or so to see if their schedules are as locked in as they say or if we can find some flexibility.

And lo must the willow bend to the wind lest it be sundered like the oak in the tempest

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone should just be a neet like me

(im fairly sure i checked every availability box lol)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
(not a sign up)

looking forward to rooting for and judging my fav nerds (from the safety of the Visitor's Villiage) in this, the event of our times

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Signups open until next Friday! I'm not finalizing players until that weekend, so if you want to sign up, there's still time.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'm definitely in for this. Putting my hat in the ring.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So signups are still open, but unless there's a flood of like a dozen new people, it's looking like the challenge times will be roughly 8pm eastern for each challenge. So for anyone still thinking of signing up, that's about when you'd be expected to be available.

People who are casted will be invited to the server over the weekend and we'll be getting started next Tuesday morning with the first HOH on Wednesday, to give everyone a chance to get settled first.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hey Asiina, unfortunately I have to withdraw my application, the next few weeks suddenly got super busy for me w work and apparently friends visiting out of nowhere and I wouldn't want to gently caress the game up by being late or MIA so I'll have to bow out even though I was looking forward to it. Will definitely be a viewer though!! Good luck to everyone~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No problem.

For anyone else who is still thinking about it, signups close tomorrow!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

No problem.

For anyone else who is still thinking about it, signups close tomorrow!

Do you need more people?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Who can turn down the chance at 75 dollars, or as I call it, 100 dollars

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, I'm putting Mario Party on hiatus until it's done anyways, so sure!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Well, I'm putting Mario Party on hiatus until it's done anyways, so sure!

It's not like you don't know who the winners of that particular event already are...*buffs nails*

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Btws I signed up

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jump King posted:

Who can turn down the chance at 75 dollars, or as I call it, 100 dollars

For which purpose was currency forged from the blasted pits of perdition? For whose name was the blood spilled in the name of notes and paper? Numismatic numerology exists only as a temptation. No, there is only one true reason to struggle against the fates, against the souls, against the very bonds of the earth itself, and that reason is simple.

Fight, fight, fight all, fight for glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Good luck to all!