Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ehud posted:

lol who uses a background like this

It's whats apps default background. I don't care enough to change it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kawalimus posted:

I guess past championships can't be vacated even if we know they were doing it then. But they should at least be banned from the postseason this year and Belichick barred from the league for a season or indefinitely.

Honestly, an indefinite suspension for Bill doesn't sound that unlikely to me the more I think about it. He's a repeat offender, and the NFL's going to have to come down hard on him and the Pats if they want to pretend that they care about the integrity of the league. Like that text thread said, they're either the only ones cheating, or out of the entire league, the only ones stupid enough to get caught... and considering the state of most of the other teams, I'd have to go with the former.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My favorite thing about the new scandal is that there was always at least a little bit of plausible deniability until you read the original spy gate documents which show line for line that this is how it was done including the denial excuse.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cavallingus posted:

it's from whatsapp

CyberPingu posted:

It's whats apps default background. I don't care enough to change it

i'm too old to know why anyone uses whatsapp instead of just texting

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ehud posted:

Its free. My mate lives in the states so to message me would cost beaucoup $$

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

WhatsApp allows you to call and text internationally free of charge

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kraft is gonna need a trip to Miami for some stress relief.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Honestly, an indefinite suspension for Bill doesn't sound that unlikely to me the more I think about it. He's a repeat offender, and the NFL's going to have to come down hard on him and the Pats if they want to pretend that they care about the integrity of the league. Like that text thread said, they're either the only ones cheating, or out of the entire league, the only ones stupid enough to get caught... and considering the state of most of the other teams, I'd have to go with the former.

The Patriots aren't the only team to get caught taping illegally. Both the Broncos and the Jets were too. Of course, they were both being run by former Patriot guys when they were caught, lol.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ehud posted:

There's more than just America. Wait that doesn't sound right

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Death penalty the Pats just like SMU

they can’t participate in the playoffs for 10 years

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Quick Napkin math but...

Former Bill Belichick assistant coaches have a 41% win rate against all teams in the NFL.

Against Bill Belichick, widely considered the best [cheating] coach in the NFL & the leagues most successful [cheating] team, they have a 40% win rate.

BB [as coach of the Patriots] only loses roughly 26% of the time.

The statistics don't lie. BB cheats and the former assistants know how to limit it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's gonna be pretty awkward when they suspend Belichick while new top 100 videos with him are still airing.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lmao at assuming anything worse than a fine will happen

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
hell you'll be lucky to even get the fine since they admitted and apologized. easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Bengals apologize for their role in the incident.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
even though it's funny that they got caught again I'm already sick of hearing about Spygate 2

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Just going to remind everyone that the Patriots are the second most profitable team in the league for anyone who thinks that the NFL is going to impose any sort of punishment on the team besides fines.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

DariusLikewise posted:

The punishment is that goodell gets to break the mirror in Brady’s attic that keeps him young

lol that mirror is already broken

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

It will be cool in 30 years when they make a 30 for 30 with all kinds of proof that the Patriots cheated their way into a dynasty and everyone who watches will think "lol people in the 00s except Ehud were dumb as gently caress"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

It will be cool in 30 years when they make a 30 for 30 with all kinds of proof that the Patriots cheated their way into a dynasty and everyone who watches will think "lol people in the 00s except Ehud were dumb as gently caress"

is it also going to cover the upcoming period where ryan tannehill leads the titans to 7 consecutive super bowl wins, and saves the american economy due to the boom in shirt-printing jobs

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Just going to remind everyone that the Patriots are the second most profitable team in the league for anyone who thinks that the NFL is going to impose any sort of punishment on the team besides fines.

yeah there is absolutely zero chance they don't let the pats into the playoffs or suspend belichik or anything like that. fines at best and that's, as i said, if the nfl even acknowledges it.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
I really want to know what kind of insane elaborate cheating poo poo they have rigged in their home stadium. Like, the crowds suck at Gillette but the Pats somehow are very hard to beat there. Makes u think

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Symphoric posted:

The Patriots aren't the only team to get caught taping illegally. Both the Broncos and the Jets were too. Of course, they were both being run by former Patriot guys when they were caught, lol.

Here we go :allears:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Imagine being a Bengals staff member sitting down to watch the game in the second row of the press box, when somebody sits down in front of you during the first quarter, pulls out a video camera and starts recording.

You watch and see the viewfinder locked on the Cincinnati sideline and realize the videographer is connected to the New England Patriots, wearing Boston Bruins gear.

This is what happened on Sunday in Cleveland. Unbelievably, considering the history of such offenses.

What happened next included Bengals executives getting involved, then NFL security and eventually the video being confiscated and turned over to the league, which is currently reviewing the matter. And depending on who you talk to, there are differing accounts of what happened that could be significant in determining intent.

According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as players run on and off the field and coaches make signals for plays.

This isn’t an over-the-shoulder of the advanced scout who is doing his job stuff. This is shooting the sideline. For an extended period of time. The egregious nature of the video is why it set off the firestorm it did during the game with the Bengals executives in the press box.

https://theathletic.com/1447919/2019/12/10/dehner-jr-sources-say-patriots-video-focused-for-8-minutes-on-bengals-sideline/

lol he was wearing a loving Bruins shirt

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jesus what a moron.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

torturemyballs posted:

I really want to know what kind of insane elaborate cheating poo poo they have rigged in their home stadium. Like, the crowds suck at Gillette but the Pats somehow are very hard to beat there. Makes u think

Opposing locker room being bugged is a near certainty

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Lost in all this is Schefter carrying water for the Patriots by running disinformation on their behalf through a “league source.” So now Patriots homers still think the story was debunked.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

torturemyballs posted:

all the weird stuff that always happens with opposing teams' wireless equipment isn't just poo poo that randomly happens all the time with wireless Tx/Rx IEM-style setups, in fact most high-end equipment like that is specifically designed against the issues teams have with it in Gillette

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

King Hong Kong posted:

Lost in all this is Schefter carrying water for the Patriots by running disinformation on their behalf through a “league source.” So now Patriots homers still think the story was debunked.

Yeah the actual video apparently makes Schefter look like he was fed a pile of poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what a dorito dink!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1204419234077560832?s=19

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Imagine being this scared of &e

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty amazing they got caught again and little will come of it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bengalzi

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So that's why Patriots coordinators don't amount to poo poo once they leave the fold (fire Matt Patricia)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C-Euro posted:

So that's why Patriots coordinators don't amount to poo poo once they leave the fold (fire Matt Patricia)

Flores looks good!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This is tremendously entertaining

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nodoze posted:

lol that mirror is already broken

The punishment is that the rub tape must be played in entirety before and after every MNF broadcast for the next 6 years

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
After an amazing week 14, week 15 looks like a big turd

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

After an amazing week 14, week 15 looks like a big turd

Bears Packers, Titans Texans, Rams Cowboys, Bills Steelers will be good.

Jets Ravens will be very funny one way or another