Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

how many superbowls have the vikings won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats a huge number

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's double the amount of the Ravens!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The smartest thing the Ravens did was install the grading power run game with Ingram to compliment Jackson being able to speed his way past anyone. You can’t cheat the system like the Chargers did last year and play with 5 safeties on the field to counter Lamar.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

that run game was there last year, the change is that he can obliterate single high safety looks with his arm. cover 1 and cover 0 are incredibly risky to run vs this years team whereas there was absolutely no risk last year

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
vikes would have 5 super bowls if they kept case keenum

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

cavallingus posted:

vikes would have 5 super bowls if they kept case keenum

The same Keenum that lost 38-7 to the Eagles in the NFCCG?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What is a Mallory Rubbins?

She runs Bill Simmons website. Big Ravens fan. Knew more about college football than I. Apparently the only person on Earth with the correct reaction to Lamar Jackson being drafted.

https://www.facebook.com/RubinMallory/videos/2023974917868955/?v=2023974917868955

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Despera posted:

She runs Bill Simmons website. Big Ravens fan. Knew more about college football than I. Apparently the only person on Earth with the correct reaction to Lamar Jackson being drafted.

https://www.facebook.com/RubinMallory/videos/2023974917868955/?v=2023974917868955

She's also the cohost of Binge Mode, the ringer's extremely in-depth podcast series that's covered game of thrones, harry potter, and is now going super deep into star wars.

She also made this video when the Orioles traded Manny Machado:
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1019743421576110080?lang=en

She's super legit.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
She's also one of the few people who makes Simmons' pod somewhat entertaining, because she actually calls him on his poo poo on a regular basis

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It always impresses me that there’s people out there that have the wherewithal and fortitude to watch baseball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sponges posted:

It always impresses me that there’s people out there that have the wherewithal and fortitude to watch baseball.

Baseball is good for listening to something sports while you clean the kitchen or whatever.

Baseball is excellent when you care and watch the postseason, there's nothing as tense as actually hanging on every pitch. The problem is you have to build up caring over an extremely long season where most games are boring as hell (unless you're cleaning the kitchen).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
"quit your pitchin and clean the kitchen" is what I say

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

We want some pitchin while I clean the kitchen!
Heyyyy batterbatterbatterbatterspilledonthecounter!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

baseball is a travesty and those who pretend it can be interesting or even exciting are the mentally ill and deserving of our pity

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Says the lump of mush that watched the Joe Flacco led Ravens for 10 years

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Post-season Flacco was mildly entertaining

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Despera posted:

Post-season Flacco was mildly entertaining

ravens were in the playoff hunt every year and generally had to win out and such to get in, had like 5 extra weeks of Playoff Game Atmosphere. Was wildly entertaining and incredibly fun. Also you know, all the winning and the superbowl too

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth
this was the first time i've seen a stadium chanting the backup quarterback's name halfway through the third quarter, cause the starter's so drat good they wanted to make sure he didn't get hurt in a game that was already out of reach. this season has been unreal.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Even if your NFL team is a boring pile of garbage, the season is only 16 games and red zone exists. I'm a lifelong Mariners fan, so I know well the drip drip drip water torture of everyday losing for six months that comes with following a poo poo baseball team. And with how slowly prospects develop, it's not like a good draft spot will suddenly make your team worth watching either.

18 loving years of not caring in October. poo poo, I'm lucky if I still care in August. This loving team.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Odovaucer posted:

this was the first time i've seen a stadium chanting the backup quarterback's name halfway through the third quarter, cause the starter's so drat good they wanted to make sure he didn't get hurt in a game that was already out of reach. this season has been unreal.

Haven't been watching any Saints games, eh?

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

A.o.D. posted:

Haven't been watching any Saints games, eh?

Has Teddy played in any games when Brees wasn't hurt this year?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Patriots blew out the team they had to cheat against. Who Saw It Coming

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

BrownThunder posted:

Sir this is a massage parlor drive thru.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tua is going to have lots to throw to in carolina next year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mitchell Trubisky

https://twitter.com/danielaud/status/1206320066314297345

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles. Bitch!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm Mike Bloomberg and I'm totally serious when I say I will raise my own taxes. No really I'd totally do it

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Broncos are not adequate and I hope they are forever bad.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm Mike Bloomberg and I'm totally serious when I say I will raise my own taxes. No really I'd totally do it

there is no such thing as a sane billionaire

also, eli now has a career record of 117-117

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad of it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hottest team in the NFC, YOUR TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

Hottest team in the NFC, YOUR TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS!

The dumpster that burns hottest smells the worst.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1206341904578813953?s=21

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks binch!

Baseball binch!

Mariners.... binch :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Saints Titans seems like the one to flex if they were going to. Not a lot of good games next week.

Best one might be MNF, which is odd. That or Bills/Pats, which is odd for completely different reasons and it's on Saturday so they couldn't have put it on SNF.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Odovaucer posted:

Has Teddy played in any games when Brees wasn't hurt this year?

Yeah, he closed out one or two blowouts after Brees came back. Got his name chanted and everything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1206366254291775488

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Are raiders fans at least rioting this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are raiders fans at least rioting this time?

https://twitter.com/torreyhart/status/1206369346299154439?s=21