Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1224009527718219776?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Love how the 76ers got Horford so he wouldn't shut down Embiid anymore and Embiid still gets shut down by the Celtics.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
https://twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1223847220580999169?s=21

I love this

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Congratulations to the Sixers for moving into "See more" territory

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I kinda feel like the top of the east is gonna be like one of those Cavs years where all year I try to convince myself that "yeah teams that aren't the Bucks got a chance!!" and then we get a 4-0 or 5-1 non-competitve conference finals like the Atlanta "they're so good they got four all stars" year.

On the plus side, I think it's gonna be a lot more fun watching the Raptors go through that with Nurse at the helm than Casey and they're already overachieving so let's go bitch

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BWV posted:

feel good story of the season

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lonzo and Zion playing together is going to be so much fun

https://twitter.com/PrestonEllis/status/1224048337126555648?s=19

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

CRISPYBABY posted:

I kinda feel like the top of the east is gonna be like one of those Cavs years where all year I try to convince myself that "yeah teams that aren't the Bucks got a chance!!" and then we get a 4-0 or 5-1 non-competitve conference finals like the Atlanta "they're so good they got four all stars" year.

On the plus side, I think it's gonna be a lot more fun watching the Raptors go through that with Nurse at the helm than Casey and they're already overachieving so let's go bitch

Yep. Don't think there's a team in the East that can stop the Bucks.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BWV posted:

the east is somehow pretty good despite all the talent going to the west

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Given those numbers, might he ask for a trade? Washington is pretty bad.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yep. Don't think there's a team in the East that can stop the Bucks.

* Except the Sixers

Which will open up things for the other East leaders when the Sixers beat the Bucks in the 2nd round.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/1224073321106616322?s=20

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Given those numbers, might he ask for a trade? Washington is pretty bad.

ineligible to be traded until after the 2019-20 season

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I was looking at his numbers and I found it interesting that he has not hit between 30-40% of his 3s in a game since December. He's either less than 29% or higher than 44%. I guess you could call that streaky.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bornbytheriver posted:

ineligible to be traded until after the 2019-20 season

I mean unless they have a BIG turnaround he could still ask for a trade then, should be interesting to see who lines up as a suitor. But good to know he's not a deadline option.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well the Raptors did a good job of converting an easy stretch of the schedule. Tie the franchise record with 11 straight wins, two games clear of Boston for 2nd in the East.

Gonna be fun to see if this team can make the ECF. I think they just might do it.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I mean unless they have a BIG turnaround he could still ask for a trade then, should be interesting to see who lines up as a suitor. But good to know he's not a deadline option.

Big?

that contract extension took him off this season's market

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Hand Knit posted:

Well the Raptors did a good job of converting an easy stretch of the schedule. Tie the franchise record with 11 straight wins, two games clear of Boston for 2nd in the East.

Gonna be fun to see if this team can make the ECF. I think they just might do it.

Masai must be pissed. I head all he's ever wanted to do is blow up the team and this winning keeps happening.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Eratik posted:

Masai must be pissed. I head all he's ever wanted to do is blow up the team and this winning keeps happening.

I'm sure he can tolerate this if it helps him build a team around the best African players in the NBA: Siakam, Ibaka, and Antetekounmpo.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i love that the rockets starting rotation just changes every game now

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The Venus of Monruz (also Venus of Neuchâtel, Venus of Neuchâtel-Monruz) is a Venus figurine of the late Upper Paleolithic, or the beginning Epipaleolithic, dating to the end of the Magdalenian, some 11,000 years ago. It is a black jet pendant in the shape of a stylized human body, measuring 18 mm in height. It was discovered in 1991, at the construction of the N5 highway, at Monruz in the municipality of Neuchâtel, Switzerland.

Here is a picture of Kyle Lowry.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

bornbytheriver posted:

Big?

that contract extension took him off this season's market

I think he means unless the Wizards start winning he can ask for a trade after the season is over.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think he means unless the Wizards start winning he can ask for a trade after the season is over.

Aye, I see. Apologies, El Gallinero.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

They're 3-7 against Boston/Miami/Indiana/Philly/Milwaukee so they're gonna have to tighten that up if they're gonna make the ECF

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1224131920281374720?s=19

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

trade away the young good player for...what? the 4th seed instead of the 5th seed? some picks and cash considerations?

sell the team fertitta

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

They're 3-7 against Boston/Miami/Indiana/Philly/Milwaukee so they're gonna have to tighten that up if they're gonna make the ECF

Yeah they're definitely going to have to figure some stuff out, especially since they're unlikely to have the best player in the game against any of those teams. Miami in particular seems to have them flummoxed.

But, you know, heart of a champion.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

chunkles posted:

trade away the young good player for...what? the 4th seed instead of the 5th seed? some picks and cash considerations?

sell the team fertitta

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1224133493111902208?s=19

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

amazing they could even acquire a center as a result of this trade :prepop:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

Yeah they're definitely going to have to figure some stuff out, especially since they're unlikely to have the best player in the game against any of those teams. Miami in particular seems to have them flummoxed.

But, you know, heart of a champion.

Regardless, Toronto is having a super impressive run for sure. I could really see most of the teams mentioned having a spirited run to the ECF, it should be a fun set of rounds if everyone stays/gets healthy. Strange being excited for east playoffs

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

chunkles posted:

amazing they could even acquire a center as a result of this trade :prepop:

lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

The team, and the games, have been more fun this year than last year. What a team. They've broken a bunch of franchise records this stretch too, from Kyle Lowry all-time Raptors assist leader to Terence Davis just making most points off the bench as a rookie for the Raptors.

Hopefully the team has finished being injured because jesus christ guys stop breaking every bone in your body. The upside is that with the depth they have, injuries aren't going to be quite as devastating in the playoffs than it would be otherwise. I'm not too worried about the losing record against good teams, a lot of those were with a lot of key players injured, and they had some key wins against good teams with people injured, like the Lakers.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 3, 2020

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Danny Ainge already THHIIISSSS || close to getting Capela for some protected 2nd rounders (godfather deal)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lockback posted:

Danny Ainge already THHIIISSSS || close to getting Capela for some protected 2nd rounders (godfather deal)

danny is saving those picks to trade for jaylen hoard

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1224098750752346114

love the big nick energy

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/1224144939841458176?s=20
From the superb owl thread

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

I have it on good authority that he is trying very hard

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zogo posted:

In the 1960s players did play with arm slings and casts in playoff games too.

George Milan literally beat people with the cast on his broken hand

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

if you can find a way to make the salaries work, kanter + picks + salary filler is probably a decent ASSETS return for capela but why the gently caress would you move him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Declan MacManus posted:

if you can find a way to make the salaries work, kanter + picks + salary filler is probably a decent ASSETS return for capela but why the gently caress would you move him

fertitta is incredibly afraid of going over the tax if they make the western finals, because he's a piece of poo poo