Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Surprise! is a small, cooperative RRG-lite with a concrete group wincon and a short runtime set in the peraMyst universe. Players should still be committed to the rigorous demands of an RRG for a targeted runtime of one month.

Surprise! is set ten years after Everdunes and begins on New Hara, at a special celebratory dinner being held by Choani. As a result, there are some pretty strict limits on which characters can play, however... we're inviting more casually-minded crew members to reprise their characters as NPCs! The commitment is much lesser but obviously there'll be certain expectations. (There are also certain characters you might think are available to play but are reserved for NPCs!)

You are welcome to play a brand new character from any of the tapestry of Ages available, but we'll still be developing a story where you at least know some of the player characters from the last few years.

I wasn't planning on running an RRG this year, but support for my Patreon has been so stunning that I simply couldn't resist this when the idea hit me. And Podima has even agreed to come back as a Storyteller.

Please feel free to ask any questions; all the usual rules apply; we'll spend the next month-ish on character updates and creation and then begin play on Monday, April 6.

Links:
Surprise! Discord
peraMyst Community Discord
peramene's Patreon
peraMyst
Riven: The Sequel to peraMyst
peraMyst III: Everdunes

peramene fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
[reserved! <3]

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
[reserved! <3]

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
[reserved! <3]

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I dab

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to be emotionally mature and well adjusted.

:v:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yesss

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Woah

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Salo?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ms. Brandkamp will be hanging out by the punch bowl.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

just lol if you don't think I'm not doing this

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!
Fifteen minutes a day.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:ohdearsass:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Brig the giga bong you made for us.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Character sheet generation is now in progress! If you haven't joined the Discord / haven't let me know you'd like to play or crew / haven't let me know you're ready to start working on your character, let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Ms. Brandkamp will be hanging out by the punch bowl.

Actually she's doing yoga back on Myst and is terribly sorry she can't attend but also who is Choani?