Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I’ll spend the clue, then hold tight til William is processed through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I'll complete the puzzle, and hold my second action pending the results of that.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna go fight the Monster attacking Minh, ready to spend Focus and Clues if needed.

Before I run your move - in the Mythos phase you got hit for 2 Horror, but had the option to clue / focus one of them. Did you want to? (I'm checking now since it might affect your turn if you get a nasty condition.)

Similarly, Minh spends a Clue to avoid any Health loss.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 4, 2020

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Rita checks out some crates.

quote:

You rummage through the crates, looking for anything that could be of use. Test Observation. (Observation: ) You overturn a large crate and find something underneath that might be of use. Gain the .38 Revolver, then discard this Search token.

:cthulhu: Ranged weapons allow you to attack from, well, range.
The Father reassembles the paperwork.

quote:

Pieced together, the paper reveals that several members of the Marsh Family have one or the other parent listed as 'from the sea'. Gain the Missing Link unique item and 1 Clue. Then discard this Search token.

:cthulhu: Technically this is cheating a bit - I didn't realise you can only swap adjacent tiles, so it took a couple more steps to complete the puzzle. But, I called it at 7, so we're running it that way.

Action Queue
- William: Spend clue / focus on Hybrid attack?
- Father: 1 action.
- William/Minh: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Bathroom: A copy of the Innsmouth Tribune sits on the toilet's tank. At a glance, it is over ten years old. (Action: Search.)
Dock 2: A large, unlit lantern hangs from a creaking support. If you have a Light Source, you may light the lantern. (Action: Light the lantern.)
Pier, East: A rotting, waterlogged boat sits low in the water. (Action: Search.)
Pier, West: A number of crates and barrels are grouped together. (Action: Search.)
Snack Shack: You notice a locked cabinet under the counter. The padlock is old but sturdy; you will need a key to open it.
Explore:
Alley 1: The door leads to a tower that stretches high above the rest of the nearby buildings. The door is secured with a tarnished silver lock.
Alley 2: The weather-warped door leads into a dark and apparently disused building. (Action: Explore.)
Hall Corner 3, South: You try the door, but the store is closed and the door locked. After a moment, you hear a voice from the other side say: "Password?" (Action: Force your way in.)
Interior Hall, Room #2: The door to the hotel room adjacent to yours is marked #2, and seems to be securely locked. You may explore only if you have the Brass Key item. (Action: Explore.)
People:
Alley 1: A young boy peers into the alleyway from a side door. He seems to be curious what all of the commotion is about. (Action: Approach.)
Alley Corner 1: The old man is passed out drunk against a trash can. He has a silver key hanging from a ring on his belt. (Action: "Hello?" / Slap him. / Steal the key.)

MONSTERS
Interior Hall: Deep One Hybrid 1 (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)
Alley Corner 1: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Alley Corner 1: Deep One Hybrid 2 (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 2 Clues. 9/9 Health, 3/5 Sanity.
You may move 1 additional space per Move action.
2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
.38 Revolver (Ranged Weapon, Damage 3.)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 3 Clues. 6/6 Health, 8/8 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range becomes Focused. Activate this ability only once per round.
Wither (Spell. Ranged, Damage 2.)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Old Journal (Evidence. Free Action: Compile and check gathered evidence.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 2 Clues. 7/7 Health, 4/7 Sanity.
Once per round, you or another investigator within range may reroll 1 die when resolving a test.
Axe (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. You may suffer 2 facedown Horror to convert all clue results to successes when attacking with this weapon.)
Magnifying Glass (Roll an additional die when resolving an Observation test.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or another investigator within range may discard 1 facedown Damage.)
Shriveling (Spell. Ranged, Damage 3.)

William Yorick (MonsieurChoc)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 7/7 Health, 6/7 Sanity.
Whenever a Monster is defeated, gain 1 Clue.
Crowbar (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2.)
Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence (Evidence.)
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes while resolving a test.)

Second Post | Learn To Play | Rules Reference

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stelas posted:

Before I run your move - in the Mythos phase you got hit for 2 Horror, but had the option to clue / focus one of them. Did you want to? (I'm checking now since it might affect your turn if you get a nasty condition.)

Similarly, Minh spends a Clue to avoid any Health loss.

Sure I'll spend the Clue.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

William wards off further horror with a clue, then goes to crowbar a Deep One.

quote:

Your enemy braces to intercept your swing, but you aim to drive your weapon straight through his block. Test Strength, Target 2. (Strength: ) If you pass, the weapon crashes straight through your opponent's arms; deal Damage equal to the weapon's damage plus your test result.

The Hybrid takes 4 damage.

Action Queue
- Minh: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Bathroom: A copy of the Innsmouth Tribune sits on the toilet's tank. At a glance, it is over ten years old. (Action: Search.)
Dock 2: A large, unlit lantern hangs from a creaking support. If you have a Light Source, you may light the lantern. (Action: Light the lantern.)
Pier, East: A rotting, waterlogged boat sits low in the water. (Action: Search.)
Pier, West: A number of crates and barrels are grouped together. (Action: Search.)
Snack Shack: You notice a locked cabinet under the counter. The padlock is old but sturdy; you will need a key to open it.
Explore:
Alley 1: The door leads to a tower that stretches high above the rest of the nearby buildings. The door is secured with a tarnished silver lock.
Alley 2: The weather-warped door leads into a dark and apparently disused building. (Action: Explore.)
Hall Corner 3, South: You try the door, but the store is closed and the door locked. After a moment, you hear a voice from the other side say: "Password?" (Action: Force your way in.)
Interior Hall, Room #2: The door to the hotel room adjacent to yours is marked #2, and seems to be securely locked. You may explore only if you have the Brass Key item. (Action: Explore.)
People:
Alley 1: A young boy peers into the alleyway from a side door. He seems to be curious what all of the commotion is about. (Action: Approach.)
Alley Corner 1: The old man is passed out drunk against a trash can. He has a silver key hanging from a ring on his belt. (Action: "Hello?" / Slap him. / Steal the key.)

MONSTERS
Interior Hall: Deep One Hybrid 1 (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)
Alley Corner 1: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Alley 1: Deep One Hybrid 2 (HP 2/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 2 Clues. 9/9 Health, 3/5 Sanity.
2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 3 Clues. 6/6 Health, 8/8 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range becomes Focused. Activate this ability only once per round.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 2 Clues. 7/7 Health, 4/7 Sanity.
Once per round, you or another investigator within range may reroll 1 die when resolving a test.
Axe (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. You may suffer 2 facedown Horror to convert all clue results to successes when attacking with this weapon.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or another investigator within range may discard 1 facedown Damage.)

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 3 Clues. 7/7 Health, 6/7 Sanity.
Brass Key
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes while resolving a test.)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll attack the Deep One with Shriveling, then Move north to the Rental Dock. If the attack doesn't kill it, I'll attack with Shriveling again instead.

Spend the reroll on the first check, as well as any clues if they will convert it to a success.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I think this is the first time i've seen barricades ever really come into play, who knew they could be so effective :v:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I'll move east and then north.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Minh assaults the Hybrid with a spell. What could go wrong?

quote:

You race through the incantation and the arcane gestures, putting your own improvised spin on the magic words. Test Lore+1. (Lore+1: Reroll: 1 Clue is used.) The monster suffers damage equal to your test result. Then, flip the Spell you attacked with.

The Hybrid takes 2 damage and is defeated. William grabs a Clue.

As you lower your hand again, you see a putrid sore on your palm, the skin twisting around it. Suffer 1 facedown Damage, then draw a new copy of this Spell.

:cthulhu: Spells are (usually) more powerful, but you might have to pay a cost for them.

TURN 5 - MYTHOS PHASE

Event posted:

In the alley above, you hear the banging and clattering of a window opening, and the flinging of a bag of garbage out into the street below. This mythos event affects the investigator in an alley or street with the lowest Influence.

Debris showers down around Rita, pelting her limbs and the ground. Suffer 2 facedown Damage (Agility negates), then flip 1 Damage face up. (Agility: )

Rita draws 2 facedown Damage.
Rita reveals Minor Injury (No additional effect. Flip this card facedown.)

Activation: Innsmouth Mob posted:

The Innsmouth Mob moves 2 spaces towards Alley 1. Anyone in their path is swept up by the tide of bodies and carried along. Each investigator that shared a space with the Innsmouth Mob during this movement suffers 1 facedown Damage, becomes Stunned, and moves to the Innsmouth Mob's space. The Innsmouth Mob attacks the investigator in its space with the lowest Agility.

William scrambles to escape the screaming mob, as hands grasp for his ankles and wrists. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If he fails, one of them finds purchase and drags Will back into the crowd, where they punish him for trying to escape. Suffer 1 Damage and become Dazed.

William draws Grievous Injury (Suffer 1 additional facedown Damage, then flip this card facedown.)
William draws a facedown Damage.

Activation: Deep One Hybrid posted:

The Deep One Hybrid moves up to 2 spaces to be adjacent to as many investigators as possible, then attacks the adjacent investigator with the least Agility. The hybrid reaches out and grabs hold of Father Mateo, then attempts to kick his legs out from under him. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: 1 Clue is used.) If you pass, you keep your footing and break free.

Each investigator must resolve a Horror Check against the monster in range with the greatest horror rating.

Horror: Father vs. Deep One Hybrid posted:

The figure pauses to scratch at the skin on his face, then peels away a swatch of it with a disgusting giggle, revealing slime-coated scales beneath. Test Will, Target 2. (Will: ) If you pass, you conclude this hybrid must have been a monster all along - there is no chance of a similar transformation happening to you.

Horror: Mhin vs. Mob posted:

The mob swivels towards you as one and, as you watch, one member plunges a broken bottle into the chest of one of their own, twisting the glass before they slump to the ground. Suffer 3 Horror (Will+1 negates). (Will+1: )

Horror: William vs. Mob posted:

You expected an angry mob to be loud, to shout and threaten and curse. Instead, silence hangs ominously in the air as the mob surrounds you, the people shuffling forwards with one terrible, united purpose. Suffer 3 facedown Horror (Will negates). (Will: )

William draws one facedown Horror.

ROUND 6 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- Mhin: Clue the Horror check?
- All: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Explore:
People:

MONSTERS
Beach: Deep One Hybrid 1 (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)
Alley 1: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 2 Clues. 7/9 Health, 3/5 Sanity.

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 6/6 Health, 8/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 1 Clue. 6/7 Health, 4/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 5/7 Health, 5/7 Sanity.
Brass Key
Dazed (You cannot spend Clues to convert rolls to successes or to gain extra puzzle steps. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will Move to the Pier and shoot at the hybrid.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Should I attempt to fight the mob or escape?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Unless you think the game is being somehow dishonest about the 84 HP it has, I would suggest not fighting it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, clue the horror check. After Rita takes her turn, I'll Move one space closer to the hybrid, cast Shriveling if it's not dead, and then take my second space of movement depending on how it's doing. If it's dead, I'll move into its space. If not, I'll move into the rental shack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

Unless you think the game is being somehow dishonest about the 84 HP it has, I would suggest not fighting it.

Oh yeah I'm gonna run like crazy. Move toward the snack shack, maybe my key will work.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wow, sorry, totally ended up in a bit of a lockdown fugue for a couple days.

Minh avoids further Horror loss with a Clue.

Rita attempts to plug a fish guy.

quote:

You drop quickly to one knee, take aim, and fire. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If you pass, your shot punches clear through the figure and impacts behind it. The monster and another monster in its space each suffer damage equal to the weapon's damage.

The Hybrid takes 3 damage, leaving it with 3 HP.
Minh follows up.

quote:

You begin the incantation as if by instinct, your lips forming the words of their own accord. Even as you give voice to the eldritch sounds, you struggle to understand their meaning. Test Lore, Target 2. (Lore: Reroll: ) If you fail, you realize too late that the words serve their own purpose; you are merely a vessel to give them life.

You feel for a moment as if the strange boils and lesions have instead taken root within your brain. Suffer 1 facedown Horror.
Minh then moves into the Rental Shack.

William attempts to evade the Riot.

quote:

The mob grabs at you as you try to escape. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: Focused is used!) If you pass, you slip free of their grasp.

:cthulhu: Failing would have caused 3 faceup damage. Don't stick your hand in the blender! And, yes, you can use Focused even while Dazed.

Action Queue
- Rita: Final movement point?
- William: Confirm movement
- Father: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Explore:
People:

MONSTERS
Beach: Deep One Hybrid 1 (HP 3/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 2 Clues. 7/9 Health, 3/5 Sanity.

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 6/6 Health, 8/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 0 Clues. 6/7 Health, 4/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 5/7 Health, 5/7 Sanity.
Brass Key
Dazed (You cannot spend Clues to convert rolls to successes or to gain extra puzzle steps. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh yeah I'm gonna run like crazy. Move toward the snack shack, maybe my key will work.

I haven't run this just yet because of two things:

- The key is for Room #2 of the hotel where you started - so you could duck back inside the hotel if you wanted to go use it.
- Since he's still alive, you're going to have to do another evade check to get past the Deep One Hybrid. Which is going to happen whichever way you go, but at least it won't be as lovely as the riot's one.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will duck south with her last movement point, in the hope of avoiding a horror check.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stelas posted:

I haven't run this just yet because of two things:

- The key is for Room #2 of the hotel where you started - so you could duck back inside the hotel if you wanted to go use it.
- Since he's still alive, you're going to have to do another evade check to get past the Deep One Hybrid. Which is going to happen whichever way you go, but at least it won't be as lovely as the riot's one.

Might as well try for Room 2, since we don't know how to get to the boat yet.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I would like to Whither that Hybrid fella twice.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

William also attempts to evade the Deep One Hybrid.

quote:

The hybrid's savage grin does not reach its dead-fish eyes. You stumble away from it, choking as you step back, and then suddenly you are coughing seawater from your lungs. Suffer 1 facedown Damage.

:cthulhu: ... I guess not every evade check is an actual check. Still, it doesn't say 'stop moving', so...
William ends up in the Mouldy Shack.

Father Mateo engages in some blasphemy.

quote:

You mouth the words of the incantation, and motes of light begin to appear on your body. Soon every pore starts to radiate a blinding purple light, and you struggle to maintain control of the power fighting to escape. Test Will, Target 2. (Will: ) If you pass, the light dims, bending to your will - and with a flick of your wrist, eldritch energy blasts towards your foe. The monster suffers damage equal to the Spell's damage plus your test result.

The Hybrid takes 4 Damage and is defeated.

The spell's aftereffects writhe like a living thing, lashing out around you. Suffer 1 facedown Damage.

Your attacker collapses onto the floor. As he falls, something clatters from his stubby, webbed fingers. Place the Cult Sigil unique item in the Hybrid's space.

Action Queue

TOKENS
Search:
Explore:
People:
Items:
Beach: Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

MONSTERS
Beach: Deep One Hybrid 1 (HP 3/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 5/6 Health, 8/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 0 Clues. 6/7 Health, 4/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 4/7 Health, 5/7 Sanity.
Brass Key

Stelas fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 12, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm just gonna keep moving towards the other room.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I want that sigil!

...so I move towards it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Father Mateo finishes off the round by moving ready to grab the sigil.

ROUND 6 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

The books in the library seem to rustle slightly, but there is no breeze to cause it. This mythos event affects the investigator in the library with the greatest Observation.

quote:

One of the locals in the midst of the riot glances up at the tall bell tower, and a snarl crosses his face. He tries the door, but finds it locked - unable to get inside, he smashes his lantern against the door in a rage, covering it in burning oil. Place Fire as indicated.

:cthulhu: Fire will cause damage every time you start a turn in it, move into it or do something in that space other than get out of dodge, and will slowly spread... but you can put it out by spending an action on your turn to prepare to put it out, based on your Agility. After doing that action, your next move may remove as many fire tokens as successes you rolled.

quote:

The Innsmouth Mob moves two spaces towards the Rental Dock. The mob of angry locals drags with them anyone who gets in their way. Each investigator that shared a space with the Mob during this movement suffers 1 facedown Damage, becomes Stunned, and moves to the Mob's space.
With William and Minh hiding indoors, only the Father has to take a horror check.

Horror Check: Father vs. Mob posted:

The riot begins to make disgusting japes and euphemisms, brandishing their weapons in odd and uncomfortable poses as they describe at length their plans for you. Suffer 1 facedown Horror, then flip 1 Horror face up.

The Father draws 1 facedown Horror.
The Father then reveals it: Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

:cthulhu: This will get listed along with your items until it's healed.

ROUND 7 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- All investigators: 2 actions. (I'll assume William is double-moving to Interior Hall East.)

TOKENS
Search:
Explore:
People:
Items:
Beach: Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

MONSTERS
Rental Dock: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 5/6 Health, 7/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 4/7 Health, 5/7 Sanity.
Brass Key

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Shame Boy posted:

I think this is the first time i've seen barricades ever really come into play, who knew they could be so effective :v:

I got curious and checked this - most humanoid enemies are Brawn 2, which gives them about a 15% chance of busting through a barricade. They're really good, if you've got a map that offers you a way around them.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point and am open to suggestions.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point and am open to suggestions.

You've got a bunch of locked stuff, but a fair number of areas that are available to investigate. There's the door near where you are now, or you could use your improved move score to race around towards the unrevealed part of the map and the NPCs in the bottom-right. In general, my advice would be that you're pretty geared up at this point - everyone has weapons, and the only thing you're really missing is a way to recover Sanity - so aim for tokens you think are going to be important.

(This is a hard scenario - there's a lot of area to cover, so it's pretty fair to feel that way.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I guess Rita will go 3 south and 3 east, then, revealing the sight token.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I think I can move to the Interior Hall and open the locked door next turn.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll try to move to the west pier, but that might change if I biff the evade check.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I will pick up the thing and also move west

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
Fire doesn't, in fact, deal damage to investigators as they start their turn in it - only monsters as they start their activation. Investigators take 1 facedown damage from fire only from entering its space or performing an action other than starting movement (unless either of those two things spends a success from an Extinguish Fire action to remove the fire). (Fire, RR p. 9)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sillyman posted:

Fire doesn't, in fact, deal damage to investigators as they start their turn in it - only monsters as they start their activation. Investigators take 1 facedown damage from fire only from entering its space or performing an action other than starting movement (unless either of those two things spends a success from an Extinguish Fire action to remove the fire). (Fire, RR p. 9)

This is true! I'll go update the first post.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

There was going to be an update here, but I noticed halfway through writing it that one of the doors has changed. The back door to Henderson's now includes the option to check the Cult Sigil for a password, if you have it in your possession - should I assume Father Mateo wants to duck inside instead?

(I would really like the app to highlight nodes that have changed...)

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

Stelas posted:

(I would really like the app to highlight nodes that have changed...)

Yeah, that would be nice. In the meantime, it's worth keeping in mind that the #1 thing that causes tokens to change their options (especially silently - in later scenarios other things can, but those usually announce themselves) is new Unique Items entering play, which happens infrequently enough that it might be worth it to just take a quick sweep over everything any time one does (especially tokens that have no options).

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 14, 2020

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Stelas posted:

The back door to Henderson's now includes the option to check the Cult Sigil for a password, if you have it in your possession - should I assume Father Mateo wants to duck inside instead?

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sillyman posted:

Yeah, that would be nice. In the meantime, it's worth keeping in mind that the #1 thing that causes tokens to change their options (especially silently - in later scenarios other things can, but those usually announce themselves) is new Unique Items entering play, which happens infrequently enough that it might be worth it to just take a quick sweep over everything any time one does (especially tokens that have no options).

I've been doing that most of the time, but the fact that the Cult Sigil is keyed as Evidence made me think it was just part of the Old Journal's objectives, so in this case I missed it.

This is definitely something that crops up even more when you've got the board on the table, because it's really easy to just focus on the board itself.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

Stelas posted:

I've been doing that most of the time, but the fact that the Cult Sigil is keyed as Evidence made me think it was just part of the Old Journal's objectives, so in this case I missed it.

Fair. I agree that having the Evidence trait (and not the Key trait) is a little confusing in this instance.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 7 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

The investigators bolt off in different directions!

Minh's path takes her past the Mob.

quote:

The mob pelts you with rotten fruit, paving stones, and what you desperately hope is mud. Suffer 2 Damage, Agility-1 negates. (Agility-1: )

Rita heads southeast:

quote:

Next to the hotel sits a small store with a sign that reads "Henderson's Oddities". The store is dark inside, but you think you might see movement by the window.

:cthulhu: Given the lack of interesting tokens, I'll keep Rita moving east unless otherwise desired.

ROUND 7 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

The fire spreads out of control. Place a Fire token in a space adjacent to an existing Fire token.

:cthulhu: Which space is up to the players as a group to decide.

quote:

Something about the soil feels strange and unnatural. This event affects the investigator outside with the greatest Observation. The soil that Minh stands on is only a thin screen that suddenly gives way into a pit of debris. Suffer 3 Damage, Strength+1 negates. (Strength+1: Reroll: )

:cthulhu: It's a pit that only exists if you can tell that it's there, I guess.

Minh draws Minor Injury: No additional effect. Turn this card face down.
Minh draws Lightheaded: Turn a random Horror card face up. Turn this card face down.
Minh reveals Minor Shock: No additional effect. Turn this card face down.

quote:

The Mob moves 2 spaces towards the Beach. Any investigator in its path etc. etc. etc. The Mob quiets for a moment, putting their misshapen heads together. Then, one of their number splits off at a jog, and the mob resumes its rambunctuous patrol. Spawn a Deep One Hybrid in the Mob's space.

quote:

The Deep One Hybrid moves up to 2 spaces to be in range of as many investigators as possible, then it attacks each investigator in range.

In a shocking display, the hybrid slits open its own throat with a wicked-looking curved knife - but instead of blood, a swarm of tiny eels pours onto the ground. Flip 1 Horror face up. It is only after you shake off the illusion that you realize your head is swimming and throbbing in agony. Become Dazed.

Minh reveals Minor Shock again.
Minh's very bad day continues as horror checks go off.

Horror Check: Minh vs. Mob posted:

The people in the riot begin a casual conversation, discussing the terrible things they intend to do to the objects of their anger. Their jovial, upbeat tone regarding these atrocities is deeply unsettling. Suffer 2 Horror, Will negates. (Will: )

Minh draws Minor Shock.

ROUND 8 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- Rita: Confirm movement from last turn is okay.
- All: Decide where the Fire goes.
- All: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Explore:
Hall Corner 3, South: You try the door, but the store is closed and the door locked. After a moment, you hear a voice from the other side say: "Password?" (Action: Force your way in. / Check the Cult Sigil for a password.)
Storefront: You try the door, but the store is closed and the door locked. After a moment, you hear a voice from the other side say: "Password?" (Action: Force your way in. / Check the Cult Sigil for a password.)
People:

MONSTERS
Beach: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Beach: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 5/6 Health, 7/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)
Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 0 Clues. 4/7 Health, 3/7 Sanity.
Dazed (You may not spend Clues on tests or to gain additional puzzle steps. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)

Brass Key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I say the fire should go south.

Also World of Horror owns. :allears: