Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will move in and grab the Elder Ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I have a lot of Clues. Gonna start using them whenever I can.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 10 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Rita scoops up the Elder Ward, while Minh has a go at removing one of the group's other problems. (Not to mention, finally ducks out the way of the Riot.)

quote:

As you chant the words of the incantation, you trace mystic sigils on the ground at your feet, attempting to meld both the powers of thaumaturgy and evocation simultaneously. Test Lore, Target 2. (Lore: Reroll: ) If you fail, you are unable to balance the two schools of magic.

Despite that, your enemy's flesh ripple and peels open. The monster suffers 1 extra Damage, and the investigator suffers 1 facedown Horror.

ROUND 10 - MYTHOS PHASE

christ this is gonna be long

Event posted:

Unbidden, the terrible things you have seen bubble up from your memory, where they were safely locked away. Each investigator flips 2 Horror face up.

Rita reveals Sudden Shock: Drop 2 random items, then flip this card face down. She drops the 2x4 and the Elder Ward.
Rita reveals Steely Resolve: Become Focused, then flip this card face down.
Father Mateo reveals Minor Shock.
Father Mateo reveals Minor Shock.
Minh reveals Flashback: Flip one other Horror face up, then discard this card.
Minh actually became slightly more sane thanks to that: she has no more Horror cards.
William reveals Minor Shock.
William reveals Minor Shock.

Mob Event posted:

The rioting townsfolk beat the walls of the buildings with boards and bottles. The sound of shattering glass pierces the fog and reverberates through the walls of the hotel as the yelling reaches a crescendo. Darkness overtakes the alleyway as the lights are smashed. Place Darkness in each space in Alley 2, then each investigator suffers 1 facedown Horror.

Rita has gone Insane! She discards all her current Horror and draws an Insane card - PM sent.

Mob posted:

The Innsmouth Mob moves two spaces. At your continued evasion, some of their number grow impatient; in their fervor, they send out one of their number to hunt you down. Spawn a Deep One Hybrid in the Mob's space.

Cultist posted:

The cultist moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator, then attacks the investigator in its space with the highest Agility (Father Mateo).

The cultist jabs with a staff, but you catch it easily. A struggle ensues. Test Strength, Target 2. (Strength: ) If you pass, you release the staff at a critical moment, sending the cultist tumbling backwards into a row of shelves. The cultist suffers 1 Damage.

Deep One posted:

The Deep One moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator, then attacks the investigator in its space with the lowest Strength (William).

The creature's webbed fingers grip a heavy chunk of bone-pale coral, which it hefts above its head to swing directly down at you. Suffer 2 Damage (Strength+1 negates). (Strength+1: )

Deep One Hybrid posted:

The Deep One Hybrid moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator.

:cthulhu: This is player choice - both Minh and William are 5 spaces away. The Hybrid can either go along the street, or into the hotel's front door.

Horror checks go off.

Horror Check: Deep One vs. William posted:

A thick, fishy aroma fills the air as the Deep One exhales hideous fumes. Test Will, Target 2. (Will: 1 Clue is spent.) If you pass, the stench is horrid, but you keep your calm.

Cultist vs. Father posted:

The cultist laughs a deep, joyous laugh. Test Will, Target 1. (Will: ) If you pass, you cannot fathom what could be so funny.

Cultist vs. Minh posted:

The cultist raises a hand, and one of your items transforms into a deadly viper. Test Observation, Target 2. (Observation + Magnifying Glass: ) If you pass, you disregard the pitiful illusion.

ROUND 11 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue:
- Choose who the Hybrid moves towards.
- All: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Bathroom: A copy of the Innsmouth Tribune sits on the toilet's tank. At a glance, it is over ten years old. (Action: Search.)
Dock 2: A large, unlit lantern hangs from a creaking support. If you have a Light Source, you may light the lantern. (Action: Light the lantern.)
Pier, East: A rotting, waterlogged boat sits low in the water. (Action: Search.)
Pier, West: A number of crates and barrels are grouped together. (Action: Search.)
Snack Shack: You notice a locked cabinet under the counter. The padlock is old but sturdy; you will need a key to open it.
Store, Left: A wooden box with sliding panels on its surface sits on the counter. (Action: Search.)
Store, Right: A bizarre statue is on display inside a glass case. (Action: Pick the lock. / Action: Smash the glass.)
Interact:
Store: The radio sits, waiting for an answer. (Action: "Can you pick us up?" / Action: "Where are you from?")
Bell Tower: A large fog bell hangs at the top of the tower. (Action: Ring.)
Explore:
Alley 2: You try the door handle but find it locked. You bang on the door, but you cannot hear a response over the din of the nearby mob.
People:
Alley 1: A young boy peers into the alleyway from a side door. He seems to be curious what all of the commotion is about. (Action: Approach.)
Alley Corner 1: The old man is passed out drunk against a trash can. There seems to be no further need to disturb him.
Items:
Bell Tower: 2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
Bell Tower: Elder Ward (Roll 1 additional die when an enemy is attacking you.)

MONSTERS
Alley Corner 2: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Alley Corner 2: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)
Hall Corridor: Deep One (HP 7/8, Awareness 3, Horror 4, Brawn 2.)
Store: Cultist (HP 3/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 1 Clue. 7/9 Health, 5/5 Insanity.
You may move 1 additional space per Move action.
.38 Revolver (Ranged Weapon, Damage 3.)
Silver Key
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes on a test.)
Insane (Condition. Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to other players. If you take Horror equal to your Sanity, you are eliminated.)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 2 Clues. 2/6 Health, 4/8 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range becomes Focused. Activate this ability only once per round.
Wither (Spell. Ranged, Damage 2.)
Fire Extinguisher (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: Discard Fire from your space and all adjacent spaces.)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Old Journal (Evidence. Free Action: Compile and check gathered evidence.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)
Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 0 Clues. 4/7 Health, 6/7 Insanity.
Once per round, you or another investigator within range may reroll 1 die when resolving a test.
Axe (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. You may suffer 2 facedown Horror to convert all clue results to successes when attacking with this weapon.)
Magnifying Glass (Roll an additional die when resolving an Observation test.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or another investigator within range may discard 1 facedown Damage.)
Shriveling (Spell. Ranged, Damage 3.)
Insane (Condition. Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to other players. If you take Horror equal to your Sanity, you are eliminated.)

William Yorick (MonsieurChoc)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 5 Clues. 4/7 Health, 2/7 Sanity.
Whenever a Monster is defeated, gain 1 Clue.
Crowbar (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2.)
.45 Automatic (Ranged Weapon, Damage 4.)
Incriminating Evidence (Evidence.)
Photographic Evidence (Evidence.)

Second Post | Learn To Play | Rules Reference

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Here I was, thinking 'it can't be worse than writing updates for Eldritch Horror'

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will Move and then ring the fog bell, and assuming I can use movement points still, go back north so she can pick up her items next turn.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'll take the hybrid, move it toward me. I'LL YER ALL ON!!

Also I keep attacking the monster in my square.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'll take another run at Shriveling the Cultist, holding my second action for however that pans out.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I'd like to Focus Minh before the shriveling.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dealing with some illness at the moment which is making it a bit hard to concentrate - sorry for the pause, update tomorrow.

El Fideo posted:

I'd like to Focus Minh before the shriveling.

This is okay to do, but it does mean you'll have to take your full turn (i.e. both actions) before Minh, which probably means you're doing another couple of evade checks and have to choose what else you want to do as well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stelas posted:

Dealing with some illness at the moment which is making it a bit hard to concentrate - sorry for the pause, update tomorrow.

Hopefully it's not the Rona.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hopefully it's not the Rona.

Not the roni. Caused by being stuck in lockdown, though, that's a hard 'maybe'.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Stelas posted:

This is okay to do, but it does mean you'll have to take your full turn (i.e. both actions) before Minh, which probably means you're doing another couple of evade checks and have to choose what else you want to do as well.

Bumping this comment - Tricky, El Fideo, how do you want to juggle stuff around?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'm fine letting Father Mateo take point, Shriveling is risky enough that having the focus to spend would be nice.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

And I guess I'll cast a whither at the Deep One.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

El Fideo posted:

And I guess I'll cast a whither at the Deep One.

The door blocks you from doing that, unfortunately - basically, imagine that everyone is very polite in this universe and always closes doors after them, even the monsters.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Ah, drat. I feel like the best thing I can do is just bash away with the fire extinguisher then? I really do not want to take more damage.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Left without any other good options, the good Father smashes a woman's face in with a fire extinguisher.

quote:

You heave your weapon over your head, and down onto your foe in the widest possible swing. Test Strength, Target 2. (Strength: I'm assuming a Clue is spent here, because:) If you pass, the weapon crashes into your enemy; the monster suffers damage equal to the strength of the weapon plus your test result.

The Cultist takes 4 damage and is defeated.

As the store owner crumples to the ground, the dagger falls from her hand with a clatter. Place the Ritual Dagger common item in this space. William gets a Clue.

:cthulhu: Given there is no monster there all of a sudden, I'll hold on Father's focusing Minh until I get confirmation.

Rita tries the bell.

quote:

The sound of the bell rings out over the bay, but the fishing boat in the fog does not seem to respond to that alone. You will need to find another way to contact the boat.

William keeps firing.

quote:

You level your weapon, warning the Deep One to stand down. It pays you no heed and moves to attack, forcing you to open fire. Test Observation, Target 2. (Observation: A Clue is spent.) If you pass, you quickly prove the veracity of your threat as lead stops your enemy in its tracks. The monster suffers damage equal to the weapon's strength plus your test result.

Blammo: the Deep One suffers 7 damage and is very dead. Once again, William picks up a Clue.

Action Queue:
- Father: 1 action.
- Minh: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Bathroom: A copy of the Innsmouth Tribune sits on the toilet's tank. At a glance, it is over ten years old. (Action: Search.)
Dock 2: A large, unlit lantern hangs from a creaking support. If you have a Light Source, you may light the lantern. (Action: Light the lantern.)
Pier, East: A rotting, waterlogged boat sits low in the water. (Action: Search.)
Pier, West: A number of crates and barrels are grouped together. (Action: Search.)
Snack Shack: You notice a locked cabinet under the counter. The padlock is old but sturdy; you will need a key to open it.
Store, Left: A wooden box with sliding panels on its surface sits on the counter. (Action: Search.)
Store, Right: A bizarre statue is on display inside a glass case. (Action: Pick the lock. / Action: Smash the glass.)
Interact:
Store: The radio sits, waiting for an answer. (Action: "Can you pick us up?" / Action: "Where are you from?")
Explore:
Alley 2: You try the door handle but find it locked. You bang on the door, but you cannot hear a response over the din of the nearby mob.
People:
Alley 1: A young boy peers into the alleyway from a side door. He seems to be curious what all of the commotion is about. (Action: Approach.)
Alley Corner 1: The old man is passed out drunk against a trash can. There seems to be no further need to disturb him.
Items:
Bell Tower: 2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
Store: Ritual Dagger (Bladed Weapon, Damage 1. Roll 1 additional die when casting a Spell.)

MONSTERS
Interior Hall: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 1 Clue. 7/9 Health, 5/5 Insanity.
Silver Key
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes on a test.)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 1 Clue. 2/6 Health, 4/8 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range becomes Focused. Activate this ability only once per round.
Fire Extinguisher (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: Discard Fire from your space and all adjacent spaces.)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)
Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 0 Clues. 4/7 Health, 6/7 Insanity.
Once per round, you or another investigator within range may reroll 1 die when resolving a test.
Axe (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. You may suffer 2 facedown Horror to convert all clue results to successes when attacking with this weapon.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or another investigator within range may discard 1 facedown Damage.)

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health, 2/7 Sanity.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

If Father Mateo is in the same room as that radio, I heartily suggest using that.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Yeah, I ask them to pick us up

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Father Mateo stands over a bludgeoned corpse and picks up the radio. As you do.

quote:

"Craven, is that you?" The captain must have been expecting someone else. You tell him your situation. "Not sure if I want to take on unknown passengers in the middle of the night. How do I know I can trust you?" Test Influence. (Influence: ) "Look, I'm supposed to be picking up one Agent Craven. I'll take you with me when I go, but you're going to have to find him first. He's already overdue." After a short pause, he continues. "Can't see poo poo through this fog. Look, light a lantern on the dock where you want me to come pick you up. Ring the fog bell when you're ready."

:cthulhu: I'm going to be nice here, because the whole turn order thing cuts both ways - Rita would have known that there's no point ringing the fog bell now, so I'll let her redo her actions from where she started her turn in the bell tower.

Action Queue:
- Rita: 2 actions.
- Minh: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Interact:
Store: The radio is silent, but you should be able to contact the captain again should you wish. (No Action: "What did you need again?")
Explore:
People:
Items:
Store: Ritual Dagger (Bladed Weapon, Damage 1. Roll 1 additional die when casting a Spell.)

MONSTERS

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Silver Key

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 1 Clue. 2/6 Health, 4/8 Sanity.
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health, 2/7 Sanity.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll attempt to pick the lock on the spooky statue display case. If I succeed, I'll see how things shake out. If I fail, I'll try again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will pick up her stuff, then move to that kid in the alley for some questioning next turn.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wait, is that the Agent who's corpse we looted?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

That was Agent Brinley, but it is a little odd that one agent didn't breadcrumb you to the other.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Okay, I'm more or less back, let's pick this up properly.

Rita picks her stuff up and moves.

Minh tries to pick her way into the glass case.

quote:

The case uses a simple lock. You pull out a pin and attempt to get it open. Test Observation. (Observation + Magnifying Glass: ) You unlock the case, and the glass panel swings open quietly. You take the statue from the case. A tag hangs from the back of it that says "For sale by the Marsh Family. Please contact for price." Gain the Grotesque Stone Unique Item and 1 Clue.

Action Queue:
- Minh: 1 action.

TOKENS
Search:
Interact:
Store: The radio is silent, but you should be able to contact the captain again should you wish. (No Action: "What did you need again?")
Explore:
People:
Items:

MONSTERS

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
Elder Ward (Roll 1 additional die when an enemy is attacking you.)
Silver Key

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll move up to where William is.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 11 - MYTHOS PHASE

Event posted:

Hail begins to suddenly fall from the sky, growing larger and larger. This event affects every investigator in an outdoors space - Rita is affected. The hailstones are the size of your head, and appear to be made of actual stone. Suffer 3 facedown Damage (Strength negates). (Strength: A Clue is used?) Then, turn 2 Damage face up.

Rita reveals Light-Headed (Flip one Horror face up, then flip this card face down.)
Rita reveals Light-Headed (Flip one Horror face up, then flip this card face down.)

quote:

The Innsmouth Mob moves 2 spaces towards Street 2. Anyone in their path is swept along with the tide of bodies. Each investigator that shared a space with the Mob during this movement suffers 1 Damage, becomes Stunned, and moves to the Mob's space. Then, the Mob attacks any investigator within range.

quote:

The Deep One Hybrid moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator. Then, it attacks the investigator in its space with the highest Lore.

There are no horror checks to be done!

ROUND 12 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- Rita: Confirm Clue / Focus.
- All: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Interact:
Explore:
People:
Items:

MONSTERS
Street 2: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Small Bedroom 1: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clue. 7/9 Health, 5/5 Insanity.
2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
Silver Key

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Moving towards the beach through the secret passage, but stopping along the way to search the Tribune.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will use Clue/Focus to negate damage.

Rita will Approach the alley-kid for a first action, second depends on results.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I would like to Search the wooden box, please.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Minh heads for the northern beach, stopping on the way to try the newspaper.

quote:

You skim through the newspaper. Test Observation. (Observation + Magnifying Glass: ) Buried in a sidebar on page eight, you spot a decade-old article about the Marsh family and their sudden and inexplicable rise to wealth. Gain the Circumstantial Evidence unique item, and 1 Clue. Then discard this search token.
Rita says hi.

quote:

You ask the boy for help. Test Influence. (Influence: ) The boy tells you that there's 'something good tucked away in the snack shack', but 'that old crone at Henderson's took the key off me'. Gain 1 Clue. Hearing the din of the riot from around the corner, the boy ducks back into the house.
Speaking of which, there's only one token near the Father...

quote:

The box's surface is covered in a series of intricate wooden panels. Not seeing any way to open it immediately, you take the box with you. Perhaps if you can solve the puzzle, the box will open? Gain the Puzzle Box unique item, and discard this search token. The investigator holding the puzzle box can interact with it in the app.

Action Queue
- Rita: 1 action.
- Father: 1 action.
- William: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Interact:
Explore:
People:
Items:

MONSTERS
Street 2: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Small Bedroom 1: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Silver Key

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Puzzle Box (Action: Attempt to open it.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 1 Clue. 4/7 Health, 6/7 Insanity.
Circumstantial Evidence (Evidence.)

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Let's do that Puzzle Box!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will go north and west, to outside the rental shack.

Is the silver key she has the one to the snack shack? I honestly can't remember.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Do we need to have all of the evidence on one character for it to compile?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tricky posted:

Do we need to have all of the evidence on one character for it to compile?

No. It's kind of a weird gimmick now I stop to think about it. The app doesn't track when things have been dropped, nor does it keep the result secret - it's just a way to check how far along you are. The message is now 'You have enough evidence to bring the Marsh family to justice - now you just need to get out of this town.'

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Is the silver key she has the one to the snack shack? I honestly can't remember.

The silver key was to the Bell Tower. I'll wipe it next update, I just don't think you were ever told to discard it out of hand.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Not sure how to contribute right now so I'm just gonna go fight that hybrid right next to me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Uh, sorry for the pause right after saying I was back and all. NZ lockdown means I've been working from home and I don't have a decent desk setup, so I've been experiencing a lot of posture problems and nerve pain that's pulled me away from the computer a bit. I appreciate the patience, especially with everything else going on! I definitely underestimated how slow a full map of this game would be in text once you start getting multiple enemies on the map.

Oh god, right, the alley door updated along the way.

The Father tries the puzzle box.

quote:

You begin sliding the panels around in an attempt to open the box. Tap to attempt the puzzle using Observation.

The Father contributes 2 progress towards the puzzle, and can contribute an extra 1 if he chooses to Clue it.

:cthulhu: By my guess, I think 8 moves is the least you'd need to do this?
Rita gets moving.

William says hi the only way he knows how.

quote:

It is so much easier to deal with an enemy at a distance, rather than with troublesome scuffling. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: 1 Clue is spent.) If you pass, you brought a gun to a knife fight; the monster suffers Damage equal to your test result.

The Hybrid suffers 4 Damage.

ROUND 12 - MYTHOS PHASE

Event posted:

You hear a splash, and out of the dark a gull dripping black liquid flies furiously at your face. This mythos event affects the investigator in a beach, dock, or pier with the highest Strength. (Rita)

The fowl's wings, claws, and beak leave no wounds, but the noise and the stench is unbearable against your already stretched nerves. Suffer 3 Horror (Will+1 negates.) (Will+1: 1 Clue is spent.) Then, flip all of your Horror face up.

Narrative Event posted:

Having circled the entire building without luck, the mob smashes the front windows of the hotel. A torch is thrown inside, apparently in an attempt to smoke you out. Place the Torch Common Item. The fire from the torch spreads quickly through the dusty carpet, and soon the hotel is ablaze. Place Fire.

Innsmouth Mob posted:

The Mob moves two spaces to the right, with the usual effects.

Beginning to show signs of incensed impatience, the mob's screams and yells increase in pitch and volume. More of their number split off from the whole, banging at the doors of the store.Spawn a Deep One Hybrid in the Mob's space.

William's Deep One posted:

The figure reaches within its clothes and removes something that wriggles and stinks. Then it simply hurls the thing at you. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If you pass, you skip nimbly out of its way.

Store Front Deep One posted:

The Deep One Hybrid moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator, then attacks the investigator in its space with the highest Agility. (Father)

Grunting and croaking, the creature heaves an enormous barrel above its head, then dumps a torrent of seawater, dead fish, and razor-sharp shells upon you. Suffer 2 Damage (Strength+1 negates.) (Strength+1: )

William and Father both need a horror check against a Deep One Hybrid.

William Horror Check posted:

The hybrid adjusts its clothing uncomfortably. You notice its webbed hands have dried blood crusting under long, yellowed nails. Suffer 1 Horror (Will negates.) (Will: You passed, this is such a tiny check I can't be bothered linking images. What the heck, game.)

Father Horror Check posted:

The hybrid's eyes roll upwards, and it seems to be lost in some horrible thought. A long trail of green fluid drips from its mouth. Suffer 1 facedown Horror (Will negates.) (Will: d i t t o)

ROUND 13 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- Father: Spend a clue for 1 more progress on the puzzle box?
- Everyone: 2 actions.

TOKENS
Search:
Interact:
Explore:
Alley 2: The weather-warped door leads to a dark and apparently disused building. (Action: Explore.)
People:
Items:
Interior Hall: Torch (Heavy Weapon, Damage 1. Light Source. When an investigator drops this card, place Fire in the space.)

MONSTERS
Front Street: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Front Street: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)
Small Bedroom 1: Deep One Hybrid (HP 2/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Silver Key

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Puzzle Box (Action: Attempt to open it using Observation. Progress: 2/8.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 1 Clue. 4/7 Health, 6/7 Insanity.
Circumstantial Evidence (Evidence.)

Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 5 Clues. 4/7 Health, 2/7 Sanity.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Hybrid is still alive, that's a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I'll spend the clue, yeah