Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Has anyone searched the east Pier boat yet? I might run over and do that. Unless Father Mateo thinks they can make it to the Bathroom this turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

If I run from the hybrid they gets to take a swing at me, I think.

So, Fire Extinguisher again!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I think we're probably stuck in terms of progress unless someone with a light can get to the left alley door and do the exploration there. In the meantime... I think I'll heal myself twice with the textbook.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hey, did you know that after an update the 'new game' and 'continue' links will be greyed out until you fiddle with the menus? It's great.

ROUND 13 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Rita goes running.

quote:

You glance over the boat. Perhaps you could use this to escape - you push back the tarp with the intent to check if it is seaworthy. Test Observation. (Observation: ) The boat is not seaworthy in the slightest, in your estimation.
Father has some words with a local parishioner.

quote:

You take aim for the knees, hoping to stagger your enemy. Test Strength, Target 1. (Strength: ) If you pass, your weapon connects with a solid crunch; if you fail, you miss entirely.
As does William.

quote:

Your foe roars, declaring its deadly power. Test Will, Target 2. (Will: 2 Clues used.) If you pass, you calmly raise your weapon and fire dead-on; the monster suffers damage equal to the weapon's damage plus your test result.

The Hybrid takes 6 damage and is killed. William recovers a Clue.
Minh takes two moments to flip through a medical text.

Action Queue
- Father: Clue for 3 damage? / Second action?
- William: Second action?

TOKENS
Search:
Dock 2: A large, unlit lantern hangs from a creaking support. If you have a Light Source, you may light the lantern. (Action: Light the lantern.)
Pier, East: A rotting, waterlogged boat sits low in the water. (Action: Search.)
Pier, West: A number of crates and barrels are grouped together. (Action: Search.)
Snack Shack: You notice a locked cabinet under the counter. The padlock is old but sturdy; you will need a key to open it.
Interact:
Store: The radio is silent, but you should be able to contact the captain again should you wish. (No Action: "What did you need again?")
Bell Tower: A large fog bell hangs at the top of the tower. (Action: Ring.)
Explore:
Alley 2: The weather-warped door leads to a dark and apparently disused building. (Action: Explore.)
People:
Alley Corner 1: The old man is passed out drunk against a trash can. There seems to be no further need to disturb him.
Items:
Interior Hall: Torch (Heavy Weapon, Damage 1. Light Source. When an investigator drops this card, place Fire in the space.)
Store: Ritual Dagger (Bladed Weapon, Damage 1. Roll 1 additional die when casting a Spell.)

MONSTERS
Front Street: The Innsmouth Mob (HP 84/84, Awareness 7, Horror 4, Brawn 4.)
Storefront: Deep One Hybrid (HP 6/6, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 1 Clue. 7/9 Health, 5/5 Insanity.
You may move 1 additional space per Move action.
.38 Revolver (Ranged Weapon, Damage 3.)
2x4 (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: You may brace a door with this board. Flip this card and place it against a door in your space. When flipped, treat this card as a Barricade. If an investigator picks this card up, or otherwise moves it away from the door, flip this card back again.)
Elder Ward (Roll 1 additional die when an enemy is attacking you.)
Silver Key
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes on a test.)
Insane (Condition. Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to other players. If you take Horror equal to your Sanity, you are eliminated.)

Father Mateo (El Fideo)
Strength 3, Agility 3, Observation 2, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 5. 1 Clue. 2/6 Health, 4/8 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range becomes Focused. Activate this ability only once per round.
Wither (Spell. Ranged, Damage 2.)
Fire Extinguisher (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. Action: Discard Fire from your space and all adjacent spaces.)
Oil Lamp (Light Source.)
Puzzle Box (Action: Attempt to open it using Observation. Progress: 2/8.)
Old Journal (Evidence. Free Action: Compile and check gathered evidence.)
Missing Link (Evidence.)
Cult Sigil (Evidence.)
Hallucinations (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll one less die when resolving Observation tests.)

Minh Thi Phan (Tricky)
Strength 3, Agility 4, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 4, Will 3. 1 Clue. 6/7 Health, 6/7 Insanity.
Once per round, you or another investigator within range may reroll 1 die when resolving a test.
Axe (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2. You may suffer 2 facedown Horror to convert all clue results to successes when attacking with this weapon.)
Magnifying Glass (Roll an additional die when resolving an Observation test.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or another investigator within range may discard 1 facedown Damage.)
Shriveling (Spell. Ranged, Damage 3.)
Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)
Circumstantial Evidence (Evidence.)
Insane (Condition. Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to other players. If you take Horror equal to your Sanity, you are eliminated.)

William Yorick (MonsieurChoc)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 4 Clues. 4/7 Health, 2/7 Sanity.
Whenever a Monster is defeated, gain 1 Clue.
Crowbar (Heavy Weapon, Damage 2.)
.45 Automatic (Ranged Weapon, Damage 4.)
Incriminating Evidence (Evidence.)
Photographic Evidence (Evidence.)

Second Post | Learn To Play | Rules Reference

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I will absolutely spend my last clue.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna go helps Father Matheo.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Should I assume Mateo's swinging again? It might save William a bit of a run.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Yeah, let's swing away

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hey all,

Given everything else going on right now I don't really have the headspace to continue on with this thread. I hate killing a game in progress but it's been getting harder and harder to run this one for various reasons, not least because I badly slipped up on the choice of adventure and picked one that dragged on and on and on. Thanks to my players for sticking it out this far.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Friend, I completely understand. Dunno how you've managed to keep it going this long. Thanks so much for all the work, and good luck with the next one.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yep, I appreciate the opportunity to have played.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm just gonna assume we won by defeating all the bad guys. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Obviously Rita should never have given up the light source.