Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
5: Leo Felix

Str 4
Dex 4
Int 4
HP 33
Spd 6

Leo fiddled about to try and get the box open, initially to no avail until he tried studiously avoiding it for a moment.

Int and hotwire to clue open the box: 3d6+1d4+4 12

I'm a cat! reroll: 3d6+1d4+4 19

Yup, that did the trick.

reroll used, 6 rounds until next use.

Search: 1d3 3

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

AJ_Impy posted:

Str 4
Dex 4
Int 4
HP 33
Spd 6

Leo fiddled about to try and get the box open, initially to no avail until he tried studiously avoiding it for a moment.

Yup, that did the trick.

I'm going to let AJ_Impy keep his rolls, but just a heads up, it's not a huge deal, but only handle the CYOA bits you have on the What's That phase. A reason for this is you can end up getting more than one CYOA option by using your actions and movements, and then you resolve them all on What's That.

The reason it's done this way so that you can make a decision based on the resources you have at the end of the round. For example, If AJ_Impy searches this turn, they might find another encounter to add to his list, like the people in the Crew's Quarters did, and maybe would have wanted to spend his cat ability on that instead of the lootbox, or maybe more enemies enter the room after this Lock and Load phase as not all enemies have been revealed yet, and they could have wanted to save it because combat might be happening next turn.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 15, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Biovux

Strength: 1
Dex: 6
Int: 5
Health: 36
Speed: 6

Race: Warper
Once per 6 turns, fly to a spot within 6 spaces of you you can see, ignoring all terrain and encounters

Hehehehehe, whats in here my little beauty? This toolbox will be mine. But surely there is something else here too? I can't wait to take apart this room to find something neat!

Search Pod 1: 1d3 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
8: BICEPS MAXIMUS

Species: Homo Sapiens
Start with 2 extra items. You get 1 Extra Reward at the end of each Ship.
STR: 10 | DEX: 1| INT: 1
AD: 20 | PD: 11 | MD: 11
HP: 74/74

BICEPS closed and opened his fists repeatedly, testing out the gauntlets of his armor, and tapped the helmet a couple of times to activate the scanner. After a few moments, he acknowledged his prepwork as done with a low grunt, before returning to his task of inspecting the room.

Search: 1d3 2
QUICK: Activate my Metal Armor

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Name: Cuervo Pluma
Species: Corvus Sapiens (Once per 6 turns, heal 1d8 points)

Stats:
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 2
Armored Defense: 15
Physical Defense: 15
Mental Defense: 12

Items:

Cuervo looks over the foe and then looks at the Dr. and... hey, there's a new person. A female human. He quickly scans their weapons, then looks back at the Brute.

"Doc! Nanite Rifle. You two, other woman! Let's shoot this thing down!"

Cuervo pulls out his laser rifle and levels it at the monster, and then, with no hesitation, fires!

Shoot my Laser Rifle at Brute!: 3d6+5 20

It's a hit!

Laser Rifle damage: 1d8+5 7

It seems to have not done much damage, however. It looks barely singed.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

quote:

DESIGNATION\\ Gibbi Dilabetur [Limus Sapien]
ATTRIBUTES\\ Strength 1 | Dex 10 | Int 1 | HP 22/24 | Speed 6
EQUIPMENT\\ Dagger | Cloaking Armor | Repulsor Shield | Interfacing Gloves
Gibbi, unsatisfied with his cycle of the small chamber, took a deeper look.
Search: 1d3 2
QUICK: Use Interfacing Gloves on floor

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

June Celadon, Homo Sapiens
Strength: 4 | Dexterity: 4 | Intelligence: 4
Health: 33/33HP | Speed: 6
Items: Biofoam, Vibro-Axe, Laser Rifle, Nanite Rifle, Cloaking Armour, Interfacing Gloves

-----
June peered out of the front of her pod, alerting the others in the room to her presence.

Junpei posted:

"Doc! Nanite Rifle. You two, other woman! Let's shoot this thing down!"

"Way ahead of ya," she said to the Corvus.

Attacking Brute with Nanite Rifle (Charged Batteries Bonus): 3d6+4+1d4 21
Attacking Brute with Nanite Rifle Damage: 1d6+4 8

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Intgor posted:

Attributes:
Strength - 01
Dexterity - 01
Intelligence - 10
Health - 23/24 HP
Speed - 06

Intgor searches.: 1d3 1

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
ThreadHead v0.98 multi-tasked consciousness logs Encryption: Zed zed 8
----------
Status
Dr. Rho Vanta

Str: 6 Dex: 1 Int: 5
HP: 80/80
Race: Corvus Sapiens- 1d8 Heal Ready in 0 turns
Nanite Accumulator 3/3
Nanite Rifle
Rogue's Gallery 4/5
Hologram
Hotwire +1d4 to Int checks
----------
Threat Assessment
Error. Recalibrating.
----------
Communication
"Doc! Nanite Rifle<flagged tactical assessment>. You two<flagged homophonic confusion>, other woman! Let's shoot this thing down!"
Underestimated. Optimal. Initiate WittyBanter subroutine.

"My backup weapon? I can do better. Or rather... we can do better.
----------
Direct Intervention
Initiate SolidDream combat mode. Visual self assesment:

<My sculpted visage wavers and crackles with energy. Blooms of smoky nanoactivity fill the spaces between me and the brute. In a kaleidoscopic instant, planes and colors snap in shape as a myriad of self. My ego army brandishes cybernetically enchanced talons at the hapless xeno.>

SolidDream functioning optimally. Probing attack commences.

Special: Summon 5 holograms surrounding the brute.
Quick: Holostrike: 3d6+6 19 (5 Damage!)

----------
End log 3ks.2

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
PLEASE NOTE YOUR ASSIGNED NUMBERS, THIS CORELATES WITH YOUR POSITION ON THE MAP.

Top Floor:

Command:

HP 40 - 20 = 20

Junpei posted:

You are assigned #1

Deals 7 Damage to the Brute

Active Encounter: Security Panel

You stop next to the stairs leading down into the main body of the ship. A blood smeared panel that doesn’t really stand out of all the gore on the ship, though as you stop you can see it’s clearly blinking. Wiping the blood away you can see the panel is labeled “Automated Security Booting... “ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG

A.) Press the reboot button (1d100 < 60% Success Rate. UNKNOWN fail state)
B.) Try to bring up the admin panel, and sort out the error INT 14 (UNKNOWN fail state.)
C.) Leave it alone

Not Alex posted:

You are assigned #2

Deals 5 Damage to the Brute

Active Encounter: Command Deck

As you approach the machine the holo display lights up, though the controls are a dirty red and a bit blurry. Quickly leafing through the options reveals a few bits of key information.

The ship is currently on lockdown, the AI is currently on, but malfunctioning, and the defense of the ship is automated but does not seem to be controlled by the AI. There are multiple life forms all over the ship, they're using maintenance tunnels and vents to travel around quickly. There is a fairly large life form that is burrowing through the ship, and has wrapped itself around the AI Core, the largest part of the Life Form is in the cargo bay. The cargo bay has the largest group of life forms on the ship. A tighter scan could reveal exactly where the aliens on a floor are.

A.) Turn on Automated Defense system ship wide <Needs Captain's Key>
B.)Code Red - Opens all locked doors <Need's Captain's Key>
C.)Code Blue - Turn Off AI <Need's Captain's key>
D.)Activate Security on Bridge INT 14 Unknown Fail State
E.)Scan LifeForms on one floor INT 14 Fail: Summons enemies
F.)Update Personal Map INT 14 Fail: Summons Enemies

VOTE IN SECRET ON What's That Phase

Cloud Potato posted:

You are assigned #3

Deals 8 damage to the Brute

Brute, No-one’s in range
Brute Let’s out a humongous roar, and moves to the stairs, blocking off the exit. Snarling at Cuervo, flexing his claws.

Brute Location 55.24

Engineering:

POD 1:

Slaan posted:

You are assigned #4

Search 2

You find a secret!
https://i.imgur.com/DA1z1QO.png

Active Encounter: Locked Box

You find yourself within arm's reach of a toolbox, there is a password protected lock on the lid, but it looks simple enough to bash open with brute force.

Do you?

A.) Smash it open with brute strength STR 10 (On failure damages loot)
B.) Shimmy the lock open DEX 15
C.) Look for a password hint or clue INT 15

POD 2:

It looks like what was labelled on the maps, were not engineering quarters, but engineering ducts to work on the engines. You find in the room with you a tool box that you could loot. The engineering pod has a service latch that lets you go to the floor below

AJ_Impy posted:

You are assigned #5

You find a secret!

You find yourself within arm's reach of a toolbox, there is a password protected lock on the lid, but it looks simple enough to bash open with brute force.

Do you?

POD 3:

It looks like what was labelled on the maps, were not engineering quarters, but engineering ducts to work on the engines. You find in the room with you a tool box that you could loot. The engineering pod has a service latch that lets you go to the floor below. During the fighting maneuvers, it looks like a hose breached, and now radioactive gas is filling the room.

Arcanuse posted:

You are assigned #6

You find a secret!

Do you?

Second Floor

Crew Quarters:

Dog Kisser posted:

You are assigned #7

You use Interfacing Gloves

You find an item: Interface Glove Roll: 1d100 9

Active Encounter: Locked Door

Trying the button next to the door is no use, the speaker above the door Flashes “Access Denied” and gives you a quick tone in the negative. You have to get out to continue your mission:

Do you?

A.) Quietly slide the door open STR 15 (summons enemies on failure)
B.) Find a jim and jam the safety latch DEX 15 (summons enemies on failure)
C.) Hack the panel INT 15 (summons enemies on failure)
D.) Use the drill ship to open the door (Summons enemies, drill will randomly dig tunnels. Drill may cause an opening into space.)

Active Encounter: Maintenance Hatch

You find that there is still oxygen being pumped into the room, a quick search of the area reveals a vent, that’s just large enough to stick your arm / tentacle / tendril of your being through. You can see something glimmering in the vent. If you reached in, you could probably get it.

A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail State
B.) That… doesn’t seem like a good idea. INT 12 on Failure, roll option A.

VOTE ON What's That Phase

Theantero posted:

You are assigned #8

Search 3 - no new encounters found

Trying the button next to the door is no use, the speaker above the door Flashes “Access Denied” and gives you a quick tone in the negative. You have to get out to continue your mission:

Do you?

D.) Use the drill ship to open the door (Summons enemies, drill will randomly dig tunnels. Drill may cause an opening into space.)

You find that there is still oxygen being pumped into the room, a quick search of the area reveals a vent, that’s just large enough to stick your arm / tentacle / tendril of your being through. You can see something glimmering in the vent. If you reached in, you could probably get it.

A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail State

A Fat Guy Baldspot posted:

You are assigned #9

Do you?

Alright friends, you know what time it is.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 17, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
ELO: We've gotten numerous reports from our prisoners, some of them are locked in crew quarters, the AI is malfunctioning, and it looks like the life forms we found are some new bestial alien species, the one life form we found hasn't gained sentience.

Member of the ELO (That's everyone who's not playing, but is reading,) It's clear our prisoners need help, and we need more information, how should we do this?

A.) Offer a care package for anyone who can collect samples from 5 dead Aliens
B.) Do a precision laser strike through the ship, to see if removing oxygen will choke out the aliens (our prisoners have space suits, as long as they can avoid being sucked out via rapid decompression they should be fine.)
C.) Try and find more up to date maps of the ship
D.) See if we can unlock the automated defense systems on the star ship

The choice is ours, and we must make it soon (Before the next Move Out phase.)

If you vote, quote this post!

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 17, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Str 4
Dex 4
Int 4
HP 33
Spd 6

Yup, that did the trick.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Biovux

Once per 6 turns, fly to a spot within 6 spaces of you you can see, ignoring all terrain and encounters

Oooohooohoooohoooo time to get my tentacles worming into things again woohooooaoooahoooo. I do so enjoy taking things apart with my bare tenties ahoahahaohaoahaaaoooaa. Let us play my little gloooovess hhehehehee

Use Interfacing Gloves to shimmy open toolbox: 3d6+1d4+6 18

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

quote:

DESIGNATION\\ Gibbi Dilabetur [Limus Sapien]
ATTRIBUTES\\ Strength 1 | Dex 10 | Int 1 | HP 22/24 | Speed 6
EQUIPMENT\\ Dagger | Cloaking Armor | Repulsor Shield | Interfacing Gloves

Gibbi wasted no time, extending his flexible body to accomplish his tasks.

B.) Find a jim and jam the safety latch DEX 15 (summons enemies on failure): 3d6+10+1d4 20
A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail State: 3d6+10+1d4 27

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Intgor posted:

Attributes:
Strength - 01
Dexterity - 01
Intelligence - 10
Health - 23/24 HP
Speed - 06

"Mutter mutter waste of talent mutter mutter"
Intgor [Intelligences][C] that box open.: 3d6+10 20
"could've still been a crimelord mutter mutter who leaves a lock on the password mutter mutter"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Name: Bupu Delgado

Attributes:

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 4
Health: 33

Items:

Race: Catta Sapien

A talented assassin, renowned across several interstellar criminal networks, bit off a bit more than he could chew when it came to a high profile political assassination job against a crooked ELO official (who was edging in on territory controlled by a black-market Ever-Oil smuggling syndicate). After being set-up by an as yet unknown saboteur, Bupu has been incarcerated for Conspiracy to Commit Intergalactic (ELO) Capital Murder.

Placeholder char sheet post (will join on next ship mission, or at GMs discretion)

Apologies for interrupting :sweatdrop:

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 17, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Stats:
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 2
Armored Defense: 15
Physical Defense: 15
Mental Defense: 12

Items:

Alright, carefully, and easily move around the brute to hit that reboot button on the panel...

Reset that panel!: 1d100 90

poo poo.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

With a contemptuous grunt, BICEPS wrenched the door open, before turning his eyes on the hatch. He thought about it for a couple of seconds, before showing his hands in to reach for the glinting object. Anything dangerous that could fit in such a small space he could easily just strangle into submission, after all.

Locked Door: Option A -> STR TN 15: 3d6+1d4+10 22 Success!
Maintenance Hatch: Option B -> INT TN 12: 3d6+1 11 Failure!
Maintenance Hatch: Option A -> DEX TN 14: 3d6+1 8 Failure!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Dick Bastardly posted:

Name: Bupu Delgado

Attributes:

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 4
Health: 33

Items:

Race: Catta Sapien

A talented assassin, renowned across several interstellar criminal networks, bit off a bit more than he could chew when it came to a high profile political assassination job against a crooked ELO official (who was edging in on territory controlled by a black-market Ever-Oil smuggling syndicate). After being set-up by an as yet unknown saboteur, Bupu has been incarcerated for Conspiracy to Commit Intergalactic (ELO) Capital Murder.

Placeholder char sheet post (will join on next ship mission, or at GMs discretion)

Apologies for interrupting :sweatdrop:

No, no you're fine! I'm gonna draw you a portrait, and you'll be in on the next Move Phase, so put in where you want to land on the ship (Crew Quarters, Engineering, Command.)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Drop me into Crew Quarters please :)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
D Probably this will work, and if it doesn't it'll be amusing.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
ThreadHead v0.98 multi-tasked consciousness logs Encryption: Zed zed 8
----------
Status
Dr. Rho Vanta

Str: 6 Dex: 1 Int: 5
HP: 80/80
Race: Corvus Sapiens- 1d8 Heal Ready in 0 turns
Nanite Accumulator 3/3
Nanite Rifle
Rogue's Gallery 4/5
Hologram
Hotwire +1d4 to Int checks
----------
I/O Bridge
Topological schema acquisition in progress... %
Update Personal Map: 3d6+1d4+5 22
Bypass particularly successful. The benefits of going up against security systems centuries out of date.
----------
End log 3ks.3

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Items: Biofoam, Vibro-Axe, Laser Rifle, Nanite Rifle, Cloaking Armour, Interfacing Gloves

-----

My name is June Celadon. I've just arrived on a supposedly-abandoned spaceship, hoping to decomission it and extract some of its precious EverOil, to pay off my prison sentence. But all my "colleagues" moved around and found cool CYOA-type conundrums to ponder, while I stayed still (to improve my aim!) and didn't get any. I guess there's nothing for me to do - wait, what's this box doing here? I prod the box with my foot.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This was supposed to be a tortie, tell me if you want me to draw something else.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 22, 2020

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

A, B

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Boba Pearl posted:

This was supposed to be a tortie, tell me if you want me to draw something else

Looks like a dead-eyed sociopathic serial killer......

:golfclap:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

ELO: We've gotten numerous reports from our prisoners, some of them are locked in crew quarters, the AI is malfunctioning, and it looks like the life forms we found are some new bestial alien species, the one life form we found hasn't gained sentience.

Member of the ELO (That's everyone who's not playing, but is reading,) It's clear our prisoners need help, and we need more information, how should we do this?

B.) Do a precision laser strike through the ship, to see if removing oxygen will choke out the aliens (our prisoners have space suits, as long as they can avoid being sucked out via rapid decompression they should be fine.)

I vote A and B, prioritizing B to help our scavengers!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

vorebane posted:

D Probably this will work, and if it doesn't it'll be amusing.

ilmucche posted:

I vote A and B, prioritizing B to help our scavengers!

B or D B1 D2: 1d2 2

ATTENTION ALL PRISONERS, ATTENTION ALL PRISONERS, THAT MEANS YOU TOO BIOVUX PAY ATTENTION! We’re turning on the security sytems. It looks like the FOF tracker needs a manual override, be careful as we can not guarantee the Turrets will not shoot you.

PLEASE NOTE YOUR ASSIGNED NUMBERS, THIS CORELATES WITH YOUR POSITION ON THE MAP.

Top Floor:

Command:

HP 40 - 20 = 20

Junpei posted:

You are assigned Number #1

Location 55.24

You stop next to the stairs leading down into the main body of the ship. A blood smeared panel that doesn’t really stand out of all the gore on the ship, though as you stop you can see it’s clearly blinking. Wiping the blood away you can see the panel is labeled “Automated Security Booting... “ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG

A.) Press the reboot button (1d100 < 60% Success Rate. UNKNOWN fail state) Reset that panel!: 1d100 90

Red lights flash around the panel, and it seems that some blood had gotten between the frame and the digitizer, causing it to phantom press. When Cuervo presses the button, the panel beeps angrily at him, and gun turrets pop out of the walls and ceiling. The panel beeps “FOF... Tracker: Disabled. Identifying crew members… None. Firing main turrets.

Not Alex posted:

You are assigned #2

As you approach the machine the holo display lights up, though the controls are a dirty red and a bit blurry. Quickly leafing through the options reveals a few bits of key information.

The ship is currently on lockdown, the AI is currently on, but malfunctioning, and the defense of the ship is automated but does not seem to be controlled by the AI. There are multiple life forms all over the ship, they're using maintenance tunnels and vents to travel around quickly. There is a fairly large life form that is burrowing through the ship, and has wrapped itself around the AI Core, the largest part of the Life Form is in the cargo bay. The cargo bay has the largest group of life forms on the ship. A tighter scan could reveal exactly where the aliens on a floor are.

F.)Update Personal Map INT 14 Fail: Summons Enemies Update Personal Map: 3d6+1d4+5 22
https://i.imgur.com/rJNgQSm.png
https://i.imgur.com/8VIfjZr.png
https://i.imgur.com/QgGtpmz.png
https://i.imgur.com/V1ktSnY.png
https://i.imgur.com/G52ADIc.png

Cloud Potato posted:

You are assigned #3

Engineering:

POD 1:

Slaan posted:

You are assigned #4

Do you?

B.) Shimmy the lock open DEX 15 Use Interfacing Gloves to shimmy open toolbox: 3d6+1d4+6 18

Rummaging through the lockbox left much to be desired. There was barely anything useful. The glint of a gadget catches your eye, and you add the machine to your inventory.

Engineer's Toolbox: 1d4 1

POD 2:

AJ_Impy posted:

You are assigned #5

Do you?
C.) Look for a password hint or clue INT 15 Int and hotwire to clue open the box: 3d6+1d4+4 12

Engineer's Toolbox: 1d4 1

POD 3:

It looks like what was labelled on the maps, were not engineering quarters, but engineering ducts to work on the engines. You find in the room with you a tool box that you could loot. The engineering pod has a service latch that lets you go to the floor below. During the fighting maneuvers, it looks like a hose breached, and now radioactive gas is filling the room.

Arcanuse posted:

You are assigned #6

Do you?

C.) Look for a password hint or clue INT 15 Intgor [Intelligences][C] that box open.: 3d6+10 20

Engineer's toolbox: 1d4 3

Second Floor

Crew Quarters:

Dog Kisser posted:

You are assigned #7

Do you?

B.) Find a jim and jam the safety latch DEX 15 (summons enemies on failure): 3d6+10+1d4 20

You easily slide your Jim between the door and the sensor, and trip the safety, the door silently whooshes open.

A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail State: 3d6+10+1d4 27[/b]

You find a First Mate’s Key (no card.) Turrets will recognize you as a First Mate. Why was it placed in a vent like this?

Theantero posted:

You are assigned #8

Search 3 - no new encounters found

Do you?

A.) Quietly slide the door open STR 15 (summons enemies on failure) Locked Door: Option A -> STR TN 15: 3d6+1d4+10 22 Success!

You easily worm your fingers under the door and slide it silently upward, the gears silently bending as you lift.

A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail StateMaintenance Hatch: Option A -> DEX TN 14: 3d6+1 8 Failure!
B.) That… doesn’t seem like a good idea. INT 12 on Failure, roll option A. Maintenance Hatch: Option B -> INT TN 12: 3d6+1 11 Failure!

Your arm gets stuck in the vent, you weren’t quite as flexible as you thought, and whatever the glinting thing was is just out of reach. You pull your arm back, and the thin grate bends snapping against your arm, a piece of twisted metal gouges you as you pull, leaving a long bleeding scratch in the offending appendage.

4 damage inflicted.

You are assigned #9

Do you?

A.) Quietly slide the door open STR 15 (summons enemies on failure) Quietly Slide the Door Open: 3d6+5 15

You easily worm your fingers under the door and slide it silently upward, the gears silently bending as you lift.

A.) You’re flexible, reach in and see what you can grab! Dex 14 UNKNOWN Fail State Reaches into the vent: 3d6+2 15

B.) That… doesn’t seem like a good idea. INT 12 on Failure, roll option A. Tries to ignore the glinting item: 3d6+5 9

You find a Captain’s Key (No Card) Turrets will recognize you as captain on the ship.

Dick Bastardly posted:

You are assigned #10
Location 49.25

The ship opens fire on your pod as it streaks across space slamming into the top of the crew quarters. As you approach, the ship rotates turning it’s cannon’s on your pod. The shields hold up mostly, but you find yourself getting shaken and hitting your head on the side of the pod.

Delgado - Firing Main Cannon: 1d100 25

The room you find yourself is lined with cots that have been bolted to the ship’s walls, jutting out with barely enough room to stretch your arms on either side. Next to each cot is a locker, all of the locker’s in this room have been popped open.

Receiving Damage from Main Cannon: 1d4 1

The door to your room is ajar, you can see out into the hallways, where automated turrets whirr loudly, and a few other prisoners (known by their ELO Correctional Space Suits) start to peak out as well.

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

Fifth Floor

It’s time to move my friends.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 22, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Biovux

Biovux heard the announcement from the ELO and didn't even care. Not even his own name got his attention when Biovux was busy dismantling fun fun fun machines

A fun fun fun machine like this new microscope! He would have fun playing with it later. But for now, time to go to the hatch and take the rest of the ship apart as well!

Move to 60.23 on the next floor

Slaan fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 21, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Items:

The turrets were out, and if that panel was any indication, they'd shoot at anyone without ID.

Cuervo's mind raced, and then he came up with a plan.

This enemy was originally sitting at the desk. This desk was obviously where the captain sat. It would make sense for there to be some sort of ID or the like in it, or at the very least a computer or something that might shut down the turrets.

"Okay, I have a plan. I'll search that desk for an ID or a shut-down. Move so that you're further away from the... Doc, move away from the turret to your right. Lady, move away from the one closest to you. Move towards the opposite side of the room. Either we find something to shut down these turrets, or we get ID so they stop shooting us, or we shut 'em off."

S, S, S, SW, NW, final position of 53.27.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

HP: 70/74

BICEPS grunted slightly as he gouged a wound on his arm, but that's all he did. He held an extreme amount of knowledge and experience when it came to the arts of wounding and being wounded, and immediately knew this was something easily patchable with a bit of biofoam. He had far more pressing concerns currently, like how to get some usable materiel out of this heap of scrap.

The man set out of the cabin with a lumbering stride, defiantly unheeding of the turrets that locked onto him with menacing beeps.

MOVE: S -> S -> S -> S -> SE -> NE, destination hex 57.26

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Name: Ghaith
Species: Anguis Sapiens
Once per 6 turns, force an enemy that hits you with an attack to re-roll the attack -2 penalty
Stats:
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 5

Items:
Nanite Accumulator
Plasma Rifle
Repulsor Shield
Deconstruction Tool
Captain's Keycard

Ghaith held the card up to one of his eyes, whistled, and grinned. His fangs made this an unpleasant expression. He tucked the keycard into a pocket of his suit and peeked around the now-open doorframe. Turrets at the end of the hall whirred and tracked him, but for the moment did not open fire. Filled with a cocky confidence, he stepped through the door and into one of the grav-lifts, hitting the fifth floor button with his tail on the way in.

Move into the lift at 48.23 (two moves), go down three moves to the fifth floor and then one move south, end in 48.24 on the fifth floor

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 22, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Str 4
Dex 4
Int 4
HP 33
Spd 6

Sweet, now his 360 noscopes could be scoped! Affixing the tool to his rifle, he took a sneaky path with catlike tread, nary saying a word.

North, Southwest, Southwest, Northwest to 55.25

reroll used, 5 rounds until next use.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 22, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Intgor posted:

Attributes:
Strength - 01
Dexterity - 01
Intelligence - 10
Health - 23/24 HP
Speed - 06

Move [North-Northwest-North-North-Northwest] to [56.24]

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

-----

Her two compatriots took a break from the fight to tap some panels near them. June sighed as the familiar whirr-CLUNK of turrets snapping into position echoed throughout the ship. Including two in the room she was in. Just her luck.

Junpei posted:

"Okay, I have a plan. I'll search that desk for an ID or a shut-down. Move so that you're further away from the... Doc, move away from the turret to your right. Lady, move away from the one closest to you. Move towards the opposite side of the room. Either we find something to shut down these turrets, or we get ID so they stop shooting us, or we shut 'em off."

"Change of plan, friendo", June said as she dashed across the room to stand beneath the turret. "The ones on my old ship had a hell of a time trying to shoot directly below 'em. Let's see if these bastards have the same flaw. If not," she gestured to her Interfacing Gloves, "maybe these'll convince 'em otherwise."

Moving to 52.24.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Top Floor:

Command:

HP 40 - 20 = 20

Junpei posted:

You are assigned Number #1

Location 53.27

Active Encounter: Command Desk

You run across the hallway to wear the big beast was standing, you loom over and rifle through what looks to be an engineering console built into a desk. Running your fingers over it you find a button that slides out a secondary computer system. This seems to be the main engineering console on the command deck, you quickly get a read out of functioning main systems

You can see through the engineering console, a list of rooms, and multiple sliders for power and activation

SECURITY SYSTEM: All security systems activated
Turrets: 50% online
Locks: 75% online
Terminal Security: /!\ ERROR /!\
Weapons: 100% Online
Cargo Doors: Closed
Fighter Ships: 100% online

COMMAND ON/off
POD 1 ON/off
POD 2 ON/off
POD 3 ON/off
Engineering Quarters ON/off
Chef Quarters ON/off
First Mate Quarters ON/off
Captain Quarters ON/off
Cargo Worker Quarters ON/off
Doctor Quarters ON/off
Ship Storage ON/off
Canteen ON/off
Kitchen ON/off
Weapons Platforms ON/off
Quarter Master’s Office ON/off
AI ON/off
Cargo Bay ON/off

Power Settings:

Life Support 24%
Weapons 37%
Engines 10%
Grav Lifts 5%
AI 24%

A.) Turn power off in rooms listed: <List what rooms you’re killing power too.>
B.) Change power sliders for the power settings <MUST ALWAYS EQUAL 100%>
C.) Try to disable power to the turrets, and only the turrets INT 16

Not Alex posted:

You are assigned #2

Active Encounter: Command Desk

You run across the hallway to wear the big beast was standing, you loom over and rifle through what looks to be an engineering console built into a desk. Running your fingers over it you find a button that slides out a secondary computer system. This seems to be the main engineering console on the command deck, you quickly get a read out of functioning main systems

You can see through the engineering console, a list of rooms, and multiple sliders for power and activation

SECURITY SYSTEM: All security systems activated
Turrets: 50% online
Locks: 75% online
Terminal Security: /!\ ERROR /!\
Weapons: 100% Online
Cargo Doors: Closed
Fighter Ships: 100% online

COMMAND ON/off
POD 1 ON/off
POD 2 ON/off
POD 3 ON/off
Engineering Quarters ON/off
Chef Quarters ON/off
First Mate Quarters ON/off
Captain Quarters ON/off
Cargo Worker Quarters ON/off
Doctor Quarters ON/off
Ship Storage ON/off
Canteen ON/off
Kitchen ON/off
Weapons Platforms ON/off
Quarter Master’s Office ON/off
AI ON/off
Cargo Bay ON/off

Power Settings:

Life Support 24%
Weapons 37%
Engines 10%
Grav Lifts 5%
AI 24%

A.) Turn power off in rooms listed: <List what rooms you’re killing power too.>
B.) Change power sliders for the power settings <MUST ALWAYS EQUAL 100%>
C.) Try to disable power to the turrets, and only the turrets INT 16

Cloud Potato posted:

You are assigned #3

A.) Turn on Automated Defense system ship wide <Needs Captain's badge>
B.)Code Red - Opens all locked doors <Need's Captain's badge>
C.)Code Blue - Turn Off AI <Need's Captain's badge>
D.)Activate Security on Bridge INT 14 Unknown Fail State
E.)Scan LifeForms on one floor INT 14 Fail: Summons enemies
F.)Update Personal Map INT 14 Fail: Summons Enemies

VOTE IN SECRET ON What's That Phase

Dog Kisser posted:

You are assigned #7

What's That?

One of many eggs.

At your feet you see a pulsating green egg through the translucent skin you can see inside are two creatures, each about the size of a bowling ball. You can not make out anymore than shadows of their general form, but it’s clear they have sharp teeth, and sharper claws.

A.) Squish it, it’s going to be trouble later. It’s… Surprisingly tough. STR 18
B.) You think you know enough about biological species, that you could lift the egg out of it’s goopy cradle without harming it. INT 18 Item received on success Enemies summoned on failure.

C.) Leave it alone, it’s nothing but trouble, and you don’t want to deal with it INT 10 On Failure Roll D

D.) Something takes hold of you as you stare at the egg. You want to… Lick it? Eat it. Too take the whole entire bowling ball and rub your face against it. It smells like your favorite food, and you can feel it crawling into your brain. You must eat the egg. Eat the egg… EAT THE EGG. INT 15

Engineering:

POD 2:

AJ_Impy posted:

You are assigned #5

A.) Press the reboot button (1d100 < 60% Success Rate. UNKNOWN fail state)
B.) Try to bring up the admin panel, and sort out the error INT 14 (UNKNOWN fail state.)
C.) Leave it alone

POD 3:

Arcanuse posted:

You are assigned #6

Active Encounter: Power Cords

Inside the between rooms from the engineering pods to the captains quarters, you see half a man the bottom half seemingly missing. His guts spilling out on the ground. A quick shakedown of the body reveals few useful things, until you open up his shirt. There’s something… Moving inside of his chest.

A.) Try to kill it immediately, (Roll your Damage, >6 is a success
B.) Set it free
C.) Run away (Move up to your Dex, again.)

Second Floor

Crew Quarters:

Slaan posted:

You are assigned #4

What’s That?

One of many eggs.

At your feet you see a pulsating green egg through the translucent skin you can see inside are two creatures, each about the size of a bowling ball. You can not make out anymore than shadows of their general form, but it’s clear they have sharp teeth, and sharper claws.

B.) You think you know enough about biological species, that you could lift the egg out of it’s goopy cradle without harming it. INT 18 Item received on success Enemies summoned on failure.

C.) Leave it alone, it’s nothing but trouble, and you don’t want to deal with it INT 10 On Failure Roll D

D.) Something takes hold of you as you stare at the egg. You want to… Lick it? Eat it. Too take the whole entire bowling ball and rub your face against it. It smells like your favorite food, and you can feel it crawling into your brain. You must eat the egg. Eat the egg… EAT THE EGG. INT 15

Theantero posted:

You are assigned #8

What’s That?

One of many eggs.

Dick Bastardly posted:

You are assigned #10
Location 49.25

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

Fifth Floor

You are assigned #9

Something wicked this way comes, something in the night.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 24, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Str 4
Dex 4
Int 4
HP 33
Spd 6

Lightsaber the Brute TN14: 3d6+4 10

Evens! 2nd attack procs!

Lightsaber the Brute TN14: 3d6+4 13

Still nope. Leo put on a light show with his blades but to no avail.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

RELOADS
Biofoam: 3/4

BICEPS gave the strange egg thing an appraising look as he took a moment to give his open wound a generous filling of biofoam. Honestly, it looked like exactly the sort of thing they were here to kill. It also looked extremely punchable.

After he was done with the egg, it was time to rev up the old wreckersaw, and get going.

QUICK: Use Deconstruction Tool to move NE -> DOWN -> DOWN -> S -> NW -> SW, destination hex 56.26 on 4th Floor
Transforming Normal action to Quick action: Biofoam self: 1d8 5

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Biovux

Ohooohooo, what a pretty little egg to take apart and taste and find things in hahahahaha. It'll be fun to play with! Not fun to play with the turret though! Let us use our gloves to make a shield to hide behind and something else interesting while I try to figure out how to play with hohohoho eggy buddy hehehehe!

Take Cover
Use Interfacing Gloves to find item as quick action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Items:

"Who are you?!" shouts Cuervo to the leonine new character in the room, twirling his twin sabers to no avail. Ehh, whatever. He'd distract the brute.

The rebel raven pulls out his laser rifle again.

Line up the shot...

Shoot my Laser Rifle at Brute!: 3d6+5 17

It's a hit!

Laser Rifle damage: 1d8+5 6

Barely a scratch, though...