Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We will miss Yanda. Hopefully also dobbins provides a good safety valve for us. We should have lots of screen plays to him.

Im guessing skura just benefited a lot playing right next to Yanda and wont be effective anymore.

No preseason i doubt has any effect. They still had camp.

It is very encouraging, however, that our line can get their asses kicked and we win 38-6 and our QB is offensive player of the week.

They did not look great once Stanley left the game, but presumably he will be back. I think this is going to pop up all season. That said, it has been a while since Skura took live reps, and he especially would suffer from the lack of a preseason, so I'm not ready to say he's cooked yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

chamois posted:

They did not look great once Stanley left the game, but presumably he will be back. I think this is going to pop up all season. That said, it has been a while since Skura took live reps, and he especially would suffer from the lack of a preseason, so I'm not ready to say he's cooked yet.

Stanley practiced today.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We will miss Yanda. Hopefully also dobbins provides a good safety valve for us. We should have lots of screen plays to him.

Im guessing skura just benefited a lot playing right next to Yanda and wont be effective anymore.

No preseason i doubt has any effect. They still had camp.

It is very encouraging, however, that our line can get their asses kicked and we win 38-6 and our QB is offensive player of the week.

yanda made everyone better and skura is also coming off of tearing the trio in his knee

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm just glad kawa found something to complain about so it feels like football is truly back

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

If we can hang with the saints offense somewhat I'll call that a win

The saints offense is a little smoke and mirrors.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm just glad kawa found something to complain about so it feels like football is truly back

Im not really meaning to complain as I think we have a beast of a team here--i just can't help but see the weaknesses that i think will sink us.

Honestly i can see us doing our thing this year where we're like 11-5 but go on a playoff tear. I think we will struggle at points this yr despite having a great team. Maybe not if we can get dobbins going

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FizFashizzle posted:

The saints offense is a little smoke and mirrors.

I'm pretty sure if Brees has all day to throw it's going to be a bad time

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Im not really meaning to complain as I think we have a beast of a team here--i just can't help but see the weaknesses that i think will sink us.

Honestly i can see us doing our thing this year where we're like 11-5 but go on a playoff tear. I think we will struggle at points this yr despite having a great team. Maybe not if we can get dobbins going

it is really hard to find 5 losses on the ravens schedule this year. the 3rd best team we play is the... cowboys?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

it is really hard to find 5 losses on the ravens schedule this year. the 3rd best team we play is the... cowboys?

If our line struggles like that we will drop several. Again I'm not saying we are bad at all just when you're weak up front like that which we are both on O and D right now, it can cause problems. We just need them to be ok in the playoffs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

chamois posted:

Wow, someone is overlooking the Steelers. Have to figure they'll be in the mix with ageless wonder Ben "Matt Patricia" Roethlisberger.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think it's way too early to write most teams off as not having a chance.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Last year their defense legit kept them in games and playoff contention with trash bags playing QB, if Ben isn't completely done they are going to be difficult opponents period, not even considering the rivalry.

Unless RG3 and the Gus Bus decide to style on them once again :smugbird:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Every Bengals game I rub my wife's head for injury luck and she's working tonight and I can't do it. When Burrow breaks his back tonight you'll know why.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wait, this is something you've been doing? Like in previous seasons? If so this tactic maybe doesn't work as well as you think it does.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Wait, this is something you've been doing? Like in previous seasons? If so this tactic maybe doesn't work as well as you think it does.

Alternatively, didn't do it enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rubbing the wrong wife's head

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kawalimus posted:

I think it's way too early to write most teams off as not having a chance.

what about the Cincinnati Bengals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wish you would have gotten to rub that wife on the noggin. the other TEs are too slow to get 3 yards past the LOS before Burrow has to throw it

sorry for bumping this. i didn't see what the thread was. I'm sorry