Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cross posting from AFC east thread because this would be uh pretty big

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1321154392951791616?s=20

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1321163470008651783?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chargers should get on this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please titans get the corner

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Raku posted:

dude is only 31, if he's actually in football shape he could probably be back to peak performance if it turns out he was just playing hurt or whatever

Dez bryant's last good season was in 2014. He's super washed. He had a couple middling seasons after that but ....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Why are you wanting to trade an established good corner who you have under contact for 4 more years at a reasonable cost? The odds they turn that draft pick/cap savings into something as good as Howard is unlikely. This is why bad teams stay bad. Unless Howard is suddenly bad, then I take it all back.

Edit: I forgot they have Byron Jones now so maybe spending $30m on two corners isn't the greatest ideas when you have to play the Jets and Patriots 4 times per year.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 27, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unfortunately, most non-QB players age like bread. Yeah Dez may only be 31, but, hell, just look at AJ Green.

a neat cape posted:

Is that Masters weekend?

Yeah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

Why are you wanting to trade an established good corner who you have under contact for 4 more years at a reasonable cost? The odds they turn that draft pick/cap savings into something as good as Howard is unlikely. This is why bad teams stay bad. Unless Howard is suddenly bad, then I take it all back.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1321163470008651783

This shouldn't be any sort of a surprise. You paid a big money contract for Byron Jones, and you drafted a cornerback in the 1st. All three are available and they're all playing boundary corner- no slot, no safety, etc.

He's played 16 games in his career all of once, and he's had repeated knee injuries. Selling high off of a bunch of interceptions absolutely makes sense, otherwise you're cutting him what, next year? The year after?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Yep, edited my post after realizing they had Jones.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If he's got years left on him the Cowboys should give him the keys to the secondary and crown him and then I can hibernate for a year

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I like having a few more afternoon games as opposed to the current way which is like 8 morning games, then a pitiful amount of 2-3 afternoon games.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I like having a few more afternoon games as opposed to the current way which is like 8 morning games, then a pitiful amount of 2-3 afternoon games.
:same:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, I get really annoyed when none of the afternoon games are any good. Of course the Hawks are usually playing in the afternoon and they almost never play a dull game so this is typically when the Hawks are out of the afternoon slot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

1 Thursday game, 2 @ 9 AM games, 7 @ 12 PM, 4 @ 4 PM, 1 SNF, 1 MNF

Put the NFC East at the 9 AM slot

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

adaz posted:

Dez bryant's last good season was in 2014. He's super washed. He had a couple middling seasons after that but ....

he doesn't need to be Prime Dez

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uhhhhhh okay

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1321175155075371018?s=21

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

And nothing of value was lost.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Oh huh, that's where hometown hero Ben Dinucci ended up

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1321179929120309253

yeah this doesn't look seem like a normal practice squad signing. bet he could be up by the Colts game depending on how this week goes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Go Dez

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

AndrewP posted:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1321179929120309253

yeah this doesn't look seem like a normal practice squad signing. bet he could be up by the Colts game depending on how this week goes.

maybe but the fact that he has to begin on the practice squad gives a pretty strong signal

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just typical Ravens WR flailing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
THE LIONS ARE ALL IN BABY

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1321192664109326340?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ahhh, the desperately trying to save my job gambit.

Let's see if it pays off for ol' Matty P.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just being able to run the correct route would be an upgrade for the Ravens

"Detroit, winners of 2 in a row" lol

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

6th round draft pick!!!!

Honestly why not

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sharknado slashfic posted:

They're prepping the banner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lmfao have fun with that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

adaz posted:

6th round draft pick!!!!

Honestly why not

That's it? Sure, why not indeed.

e: Update, CONDITIONAL 6th round pick, lol.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Trade Gilmore to the Lions

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

How in the gently caress is this not Seattle.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

That's it? Sure, why not indeed.

e: Update, CONDITIONAL 6th round pick, lol.

yeah, it's a possibility of MAYBE a backup guy who makes your team like who cares. His deal has around 2 mil? Oh no the horror

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1321194178370555906

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

wandler20 posted:

Edit: I forgot they have Byron Jones now so maybe spending $30m on two corners isn't the greatest ideas when you have to play the Jets and Patriots 4 times per year.

Xavien Howard has probably a single season worth of "elite" games all together since 2017, in among a bunch of missed games and games where he's recovering from a knee injury and/or knee surgery.

How much is 3-4 quality games a season worth? How long is his knee going to hold up and allow him to give you those games?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If you're the Cowboys why even make that trade? Bad contract?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's a FA after this year.

Just gets a pick for someone who has sucked for them

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Lifespan posted:

How in the gently caress is this not Seattle.

*silently screaming into the void*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Nah, his contract isn't bad. He's just 33 and won't be around or useful for very long, so might as well get anything for him.

Also, he signed to compete, so you're doing him a favor by shipping him out... even if it's to the loving Lions.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ooo I hope you aren't counting on Dez for route running lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

adaz posted:

6th round draft pick!!!!

Honestly why not

gently caress off Seahawks you aren't even trying

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A conditional 6th for half a season of Griffen is a steal imho, especially if you're trying to make the push for the 7th seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1321086003336122368?s=19

AFC West baybeeeee