Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'll change the thread title to something else depending on what happens in couple of days time.

Welcome to the 37th week of March 2020 and I'll just like to say the Cursed Outback finally worked. Hope is NOT a lie and also 2020 can happen to bad people too.

Now excuse me I have another Subaru to try and resurrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'll say the second best thing about having IK powers is I can edit the thread tag if I am a idiot and forget it.

The coolest is handing out Car / cat sixxers. The more rap sheets filled with cool cars and cute kitties the better

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
to say I am nervous about this month's edition of "how will 2020 gently caress us" is a significant understatement.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

AI:Secret Santa Registration Thread is UP

:goon:over to it and sign the gently caress up asap.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3946227

Can someone alert our two wheeled bretheren in Cycle Asylum please?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ow ow ow ow ow gently caress

Leg ownership is an overrated pain in the rear end. I got an ankle fusion, so it's not like this was unexpected, but it doesn't make being off my feet for the next 10-13 weeks any easier.

I have a titanium rod that runs down the length of my tibia. My surgeon was going to remove it as part of the surgery, and apparently they fought with it for three hours and called in several other surgeons before deciding that it can stay where it is.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Safety Dance posted:

Leg ownership is an overrated pain in the rear end. I got an ankle fusion, so it's not like this was unexpected, but it doesn't make being off my feet for the next 10-13 weeks any easier.

I have a titanium rod that runs down the length of my tibia. My surgeon was going to remove it as part of the surgery, and apparently they fought with it for three hours and called in several other surgeons before deciding that it can stay where it is.

Pro username / post combo here

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

antimatt posted:

New titanium plate, who this? (x-ray spoilered)

Just got an email from my hospital that I had new imaging available!

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 1, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If y'all aren't watching Bargain Racement, you need to get on it.

Watching the Bad Obsession boys race glorified shopping carts is giving me the itch.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Liquid Communism posted:

Watching the Bad Obsession boys race glorified shopping carts is giving me the itch.

Oh yeah. Makes me wanna start my crazy idea of a ChampCar... Maybe once I retire and have more time and space.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Safety Dance posted:

New titanium plate, who this? (x-ray spoilered)

Just got an email from my hospital that I had new imaging available!

Your body shop shouldn't be using wood screws like that.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Your body shop shouldn't be using wood screws like that.

You should see how they use Bondo

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Safety Dance posted:

That's a lot of new hardware. Good luck with your recovery.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

That's just to cover up their butt welding.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

They make a cream for that

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah it takes an artist to restore terrazzo, but when it's done right it looks amazing. Mine is so far gone it would cost a small fortune to restore

Oooof, yeah that terrazzo is hammered. Did you even bother to quote it? There are only two outfits I can find in the St. Louis area that deal with it, due to the relative rarity of terrazzo here. I’ve been afraid to engage cause I know both of them target large jobs. Most of the terrazzo round here is in municipal buildings and the like. I’ve got maybe 600sqft. So I figure a job like mine isn’t worth their while and I’ll get quoted heavy. Anyway, mine just needs a polishing and reseal. There are a few stains in places as well.

On your dust issue, I’d consider a humidifier. I wouldn’t even be shy about hosing things down a bit. Might kill the vacuum operation though. Wet thinset dust sounds like a quick way to kill a vacuum.

Safety Dance posted:

Leg ownership is an overrated pain in the rear end.

The nice thing about legs is they give you a lap, which means you’re protected by lap belts, which is what cool cars have. Also clutch pedals and poo poo.

antimatt posted:

Y'know, that dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Liquid Communism posted:

I drove one of these for a while (in factory spec obvs) and it was a hoot in the mountains of Wales. Cracking little car, with the way they use space inside i'd say they're the spiritual successor to the original mini.

I have therefore been watching Bargain Racement in utter glee.

meltie fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 1, 2020

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Safety Dance posted:

So, when doing joint replacements they basically use methyl methacrylate as filler in the holes. When I was on ortho as a student, they gave me a lump of it during a total knee, and said, "When it gets too hot to hold, let us know, because that's when it has properly set." Sure enough, that poo poo got warm.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

So are we starting the GoonCar racing league with stripped Yarises or Sonics or what?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Stripped Blue Lamborghinis constantly doing burnouts

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

trouser chili posted:

Oooof, yeah that terrazzo is hammered. Did you even bother to quote it? There are only two outfits I can find in the St. Louis area that deal with it, due to the relative rarity of terrazzo here. I’ve been afraid to engage cause I know both of them target large jobs. Most of the terrazzo round here is in municipal buildings and the like. I’ve got maybe 600sqft. So I figure a job like mine isn’t worth their while and I’ll get quoted heavy. Anyway, mine just needs a polishing and reseal. There are a few stains in places as well.

Haven't had it quoted because the wife wants a plank floor. I know that just a polishing and reseal isn't cheap so a full restoration for 1200 sqft would be up there compared to just putting plank over it. I know that in the carpeted area has been carpeted multiple times with strips pried out and new ones put in so there's giant chips in it everywhere from the nails being pounded into it. If it was just dull with stains i'd have it done, but with all the gouges in it now it might have to be completely resurfaced and I can't imagine doing that while living in the house. The planks I can do on my own a little at a time, one room/area at a time.

You might want to look into doing it yourself, the biggest cost is a diamond coated pad for a buffer and then you just buff the poo poo out of it until it's were you like it then put some sealer on it. Using a buffer isn't hard it's just time consuming. Dealing with holes and gouges is the hard part trying to match the existing floor just right, but if you don't have that to deal with just buff away until it's nice and shinny.

[e] as far as the dust issue, I thought about spraying it down but then it would just make everything muddy and I think the dust left over is the lesser of the two evils, I feel like I can at least control things a bit better with a helper and a shop vac. If I were doing it all by myself I would probably spray it down tho.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 1, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Big Taint posted:

So are we starting the GoonCar racing league with stripped Yarises or Sonics or what?

The Yaris hatch would be pretty comparable, actually.

1.5L I4, 106hp, 2355 lbs curb weight.

Four hundred pounds heavier than the Aygo, but about thirty more horses.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

So, when doing joint replacements they basically use methyl methacrylate as filler in the holes. When I was on ortho as a student, they gave me a lump of it during a total knee, and said, "When it gets too hot to hold, let us know, because that's when it has properly set." Sure enough, that poo poo got warm.

I wasn't paying a ton of attention to the details, but I know they used something like that with my bone marrow mixed in instead of harvesting a bone graft from my hip.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

The Yaris hatch would be pretty comparable, actually.

1.5L I4, 106hp, 2355 lbs curb weight.

Four hundred pounds heavier than the Aygo, but about thirty more horses.

https://www.rallynuts.com/toyota-motorsport-roll-cages/omp-ab100341-fe45-bolt-in-roll-cage-toyota-yaris.html

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

So this is going to be the longest week in March ever, right?

I'm gonna try and just keep my head down on work / working on the truck because doomscrolling is going to be extra bad this week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I have to work tomorrow, but I took the whole rest of the week after that off.

Because gently caress it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Uh yeah, not paying attention to any news at all this week if i can help it. Lots of people freaking out over a bunch of "what ifs", I'm over it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Wife is running for state rep in N.H. today for about the 6th time someone stole a Biden sign, ripped it up and dumped it on my lawn. Joke is on them since it has happened a lot I moved a blink camera out front and I have a face, truck and plate on video.

The question is can I be arsed to pass it on to the popo and say I want to press trespass charges.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

No first chat page pet pics yet, for shame!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

No first chat page pet pics yet, for shame!

kinda beaten in a quote by trouserchilli :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Well kinda though that pic was from the last page of the Oct thread so ahkshuly...

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

In my efforts to stay out of the news, I bro'd out with my friends yesterday. I've been bitching about this big rear end blackberry bush since I moved home (it goes all the way back to the fence line):

In an effort to motivate me, a buddy texted friday night and said "so are we attacking that blackberry bush tomorrow?" And I agreed. 4 friends showed up and we hacked away at it with various tools. We got about 3/4 of the way through it when one friend said "you know this would be a lot easier in like 6 weeks when it's dormant and dry and the leaves have thinned out". The others agreed and they started laughing. I was like "You're the guys who live here with yards and should be telling me this poo poo". I haven't ever done yard work except basic lawn mowing, and for the most part have always lived in either apartments or my townhouse where landscaping was done for me.

We hacked it almost all down anyway:

The entire fence line in the distance to the left also has massive blackberry overgrowth but it's in the shade so it's far less dense, and will be really easy to deal with compared to this. I started on it, and pruned a couple dead branches off some trees back there as well. All this is a result of my mom being the family gardener, and she just got too old to do it starting around 2010, and she passed away in 2015. Since then my dad hired lazy assholes to half-rear end it, so it's out of control. It's really nice to have multiple friends to help, I haven't had that in a long time. :unsmith:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Since we're posting pets, for those of you not on AI slack, I took in a stray kitty about a week ago.

She got a clean bill of health from the vet, who's posted her picture online to the local lost pet groups, because we're pretty sure she was a pet. Haven't seen any lost cat signs in the area she came from, which is actually a common drop-off for unwanted pets. Super friendly, but she gets a little bitey sometimes.

E: Her name is provisionally Janine.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Its out.

As much as I didn’t want to hook the bush hog up again, it would wound up being my only diy option. I finished that section and called it a day. I will mow the rest with goats and 2-4d in the spring.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LloydDobler posted:

In my efforts to stay out of the news, I bro'd out with my friends yesterday. I've been bitching about this big rear end blackberry bush since I moved home (it goes all the way back to the fence line):
I remember dad telling me when mum and him first brought the family home the backyard was infested with blackberry bushes. His solution was many cans of petrol and a box of matches. Surprised he didn't start a bushfire.

I did deal with a quick resurgence before I sold the property (thanks to a neighbour), I found after cutting down down then digging out the roots stops them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

doomscrolling

NPR introduced me to this term this week. And it could not be more apropos.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Demon cat from last night

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

:lol:

Who is this?

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
we moved our cats (10 and 2yrs) into our in-laws house where we will live while we finish building. We thought this could go sideways as they have a kitten, that I rescued half dead at 7 weeks old. Here our 10 year old long hair bonds with their 1 year old short hair in a game of furious bird-watching. It’s funny after just a few days the oldest and youngest cats are running around and playing together like crazy. Our 2 year old cat stays hidden in the shadows. In fact the 2 year old cat lays on her back submissively whenever the kitten even glances at her. Guess we know who’s boss.

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Been in no life mode for the past few weeks but yesterday my friend came over because his house was still without power because of the hurricane.

Got to drive his S4 and yeah I kinda want to lease an Audi now lol.