Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

MagusofStars posted:

So is the mod setting up Sandrah to be the understudy of a god but a cooler and more badass one than you-know or some lore legend like Elminster? Could see that overheard conversation being indicative of either.

Judging by the things posted in the IE thread it's possible that you will figure out what her deal is from the mod's deft and subtle hints. It's worse than you think, and far as I can tell the mod will beat you about the face with her absurd Mary Sue backstory at every opportunity.

Are the portrait changes to Imoen and Finch part of the Sandrah mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

I vote that you be a dick to Sandrah as much as possible

Nah, the LP buying into the conceit of the mod makes it funnier and gets us more fantastic self-insert hero worship. Call it metaludonarrative consonance.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Thunderclan posted:

I just had a terrible thought. How bad might the combo of Sandrah and Shar-Teel in the same party be? Seems like in a sensible world Shar-Teel might be full of insults and disdain towards Sandrah for basically bedding every male she possibly can as soon as she can and as often as she can, but since the world has been corrupted into more of an Everybody Loves Sandrah version, I somehow suspect they would end up best buddies...

I'm more expecting Sandrah to leave if you keep any technically-evil NPC around for longer than it takes for her to initiate the next conversation, which is apparently some sort of New York Second thing. She's just knows they're bad people because she's so insightful, see; it's not prejudice at all.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

quote:

Man, that may be the single worst piece of dialogue I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Good ol' Eye of Argon at least had the virtue of some fantastic malapropisms, and the excuse of being written by a 15-year-old.

I can only agree that it's amazing that someone with the grit and technical know-how to make this giant-rear end mod would also read that banter and think to themselves "yes, this is the flowing prose and naturalistic dialogue that will bring my magnum opus to life".