Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Oh my god..it's even more atrocious than some of the screens you posted in the other thread. Can't wait to see this progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Black Robe posted:

I'm sorry, I can't get past the description of Sandrah's armour. That just sets the tone for this entire shitshow and I can't stop laughing.

Also the hilarious tone whiplash of 'you have a pet wolf! Except gently caress you it likes Sandrah better despite you having raised it for four years and she literally only just appearing'.

I can't decide if in my minds eye the author of Sandrah is a teenage girl self inserting all her fantasies into BG or the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of this guy:

Writing out some other less benign fantasies.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Fighting Trousers posted:

She ruined the Marl encounter at Feldepost's?!? The gently caress, lady?

It is so unbelievably obnoxious for someone to overwrite stuff from the original game with your inserted character babbling away. That original scene is really good because of the "secret" peaceful solution to the encounter. This just replaces it with more ~Sandrah~ bullshit. Its horrible.

Ditto the stuff about Branwen. It's so disgustingly on the nose, zero subtlety at all. Especially when considering that everyone playing this will have undoubtedly played the game previously and know exactly what this refers to. Was the purpose of this NPC to be a literal in-game walk through? It certainly feels like it. If Shandra said straight up "You can hit space to pause the simulation" I would not be surprised.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Cythereal posted:

...I think I know where this is going.

Sandrah's mother is Mystra, isn't it.

I was interpreting that Sandrah's mother was CHARNAMEs mother and that they are half-siblings and this whole mod takes a really horrible turn, a sort of gotcha this is now an Imoen romance mod sort of turn.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

After mulling on it a bit I agree with few others above. I don't think it's going to pull the half sibling of CHARNAME incest stuff and think it's going to be Imoen as the sister. It links her to a Bhaalspawn and also allows her to romance CHARNAME in an admittedly still crappy way.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Is Roxanne going to edit all of Imoen's dialogue in BGII because I absolutely utterly loathe how she is written in this mod. If I have to to read "Besta" one more bhalldamn time.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

It really annoys me how SoD and Beamdog will be forever associated with the absolutely risable GamerGate nonsense that clouded the release of the game. Yea, it was never going to be a smash hit being an "interquel" to an ancient (yet beloved game), but I thought it was excellent and better than anything I thought could come of trying to smash more content into the middle of Baldurs Gate. I hoped that it would do well and spur Beamdog on to make a new Forgotten Realms game using the Infinity Engine free from the shackles of Baldur's Gate and I will always wonder if part of that timeline not happening was due to the utter "nontroversy" about a single line from Minsc and a buried dialogue with a trans character. It'll never happen now that Larian have draped the flayed remains of Baldur's Gate over Divinity Original Sin and I'll always be a bit sour about it.

My favourite "mash the portrait" dialogue is: "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse", which is particularly apt from Edwin considering Sandrah.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Surprising to see some of the lukewarm responses to SoD in this LP, it worked on pretty much every level for me and thought it was really underrated. As a bridge between the two games its a bit iffy and I personally wouldn't have chosen to bodge an "interquel" in there, but hey ho. The Baldurs Gate games have a lot of nostalgia for me and when I saw how Beamdog had managed to implement hundreds of peasants on the streets of the city I was genuinely :chanpop:

The soundtrack for the expansion is absolutely baller too.

Going into BGII I am gobsmacked by how badly Sandrah was written wrt cowardly fleeing the epilogue of SoD and then the "oh yea Khalid is in pieces upstairs, but thought it was best to leave him smeared all over the place". The best thing about this LP is discovering with every update that actually, yes, things can be worse. Loving Imoen the practically schizophrenic at this point, suffering PTSD from Irenicus and whipping back to BESTA constantly.

Bhallspeed Vichan, you will need it for the coming episodes. I can't wait to see how Sandrah deals with Anomen and how quickly she consumes Keldorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

EggsAisle posted:

I lost it at Boolerion. Holy poo poo. That has catapulted itself straight into my top 5 :stonklol: moments reading this LP. And the mod just plays it 100% straight, because that's how Roxanne writes: everything is in earnest at all times, gently caress nuance, gently caress agency, gently caress restraint, and most importantly, gently caress you.