Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
what the hell is that imoen portrait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
IIRC her romance was the only one that depended on a quest line separate from the main story, which was probably what made it so easy to break.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Pooncha posted:

Clearly they just wanted to make BG into a visual novel. :v:

I guess that could actually be part of the rationale behind the godmode characters and equipment? We don't want that pesky gameplay getting in the way of the next block of dialogue.

edit: Also, I'm not a huge D&D nerd or anything, but I actually kinda like like the idea of a gith being dressed up in modern-ish clothes. :shrug:

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 21, 2021

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Eldoth.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
She hasn't hosed Jen'lig yet, has she?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I always assumed that Prism had been working obsessively without food or sleep for weeks, and once his masterpiece was complete, there was nothing left to keep him going.

That or a very precisely timed heart attack.

Also I'm pretty sure Minsc fucks given his "mock not the face of Minsc, for it is the face the ladies love!" response to Viconia criticizing his face paint in BG2. We're not watching him every second, after all.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
IIRC Albert turns into an ogre mage in the original BG1, since there weren't any demons until the second game.

Also, what mod changed evil characters so they leave at high reputation? In the original they just complained non-stop.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

I did a little searching online, and it sounds like Sandrah silencing Eldoth is a feature of the mod, not a bug. If you have them both in the party, the Sandrah mod completely kills all of Eldoth's dialogue from every mod it can find.

:lol:

When I suggested him I expected Sandrah to either "fix" him immediately with the power of love or else put him in his place immediately while the entire Sword Coast stood up and clapped.

I admit I hadn't considered "I don't like this character, so they will never get to talk, ever" as a possibility.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Rappaport posted:

It was a thing in the original games (back in the nineties) as well, evil characters will leave the group at 19 reputation eventually. And good characters would leave at sufficiently low reputation too. As far as I can tell, this is from the original BG1 manual:

OK, yeah, I was thinking of the neutral characters and how they break at low reputation but not at high. Whoops. It's been a while.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I'm sure she'll get around to Valygar eventually.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Does The Saga include Siege of Dragonspear as well?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I thought it was weird that Black Pits wasn't integrated with all the other content in the first place, so I at least can understand the choice to find a way to include it. It's not like it's more out-of-place than Watcher's Keep.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Midnight Voyager posted:

NGL, all I ever imagine for dancing tits is that one Whose Line Green Screen where the thing on the green screen was an old timey sexy show of a woman with tit tassels swinging them in opposite directions

For reference.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

tithin posted:

I'm pretty sure the name twinkle for that blade is canon

I vaguely remember him having it in bg2

Yeah, that goes back to the original novel trilogy.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Did we ever find out in BG1 if all the people from Candlekeep had actually been killed by the doppelgangers?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Black Robe posted:

...why does Sandrah suddenly think Skie is a Bhaalspawn

why did someone make a pink haired anime pixie girl mod

:psyduck:

isn't that basically neera

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Private Speech posted:

Maybe a bit silly complaint but using the word "beast" for Sandrah is a bit problematic IMO.

Like if it was a male Mary Stu then you wouldn't call him a "beast" for boning everyone either.

I absolutely would.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

In general, sure. In the Sandrah dialogue? He literally talks about "a weird itchy feeling when I look at your body" and she takes it as an invitation. That is not a consenting adult.

On the topic of male Sandrah, it made me notice that all the real creepy stuff involves the male party members. Minsc is a child, Xan is depressed, Kivan is suicidal, and Khalid has the lovely little touch that Sandrah is the only person in the world who doesn't trigger his stutter. The women are all adults capable of having a relationship on their terms. All the really vulnerable characters happen to be male. Depending on how you read Shar-teel's character she's also traumatized, but the romance didn't have to be the awful thing this mod made it.

On the other hand, from what I've read, a female PC has literally no ability to refuse Sandrah's advances towards her. A male PC has the option of saying no (instantly cutting off all Sandrah-related content), but a female PC is getting it from Sandrah whether she likes it or not.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

Well they are all elves. They're probably several times CHARNAME's age.

IIRC Jaheira's backstory mentions a war in Tethyr during her childhood that puts her pretty close to the PC, actually.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Hypocrisy posted:

I want to make fun of Szass Tam the Half-Lich trying to become god of the Dark Weave but I am pretty sure I watched a movie about some evil wizard trying to open the dark dimension so I have lost that right.

Garlic Junior?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Was the wizard camp with the King's Quest and Return to Zork jokes part of Enhanced Edition, or one of the mods?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
As I recall there was a game based off of one of Salvatore's books back in the mid-'90s, so I'm guessing the weird CGI portraits for Regis and Bruenor are screenshots from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Actually the game I was thinking of was Menzoberranzan, and it turns out that it's just good old-fashioned VGA pixel art. So I have no idea.