Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No one gives a poo poo about you weird death lust over an animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mods put a moratorium on threads where people communally bust nuts over how much they want to harm or kick animals.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will personally destroy OP.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Klowner posted:

Oooooh wook at da widdle cutie! Oooooh you're such a cute widdle furry baby, yes you are!

OOOOOOOH you're a widdle cutie too, aren't you? Yessss, yes you are, you're so kee-yuuuute!

They're very lovely.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Klowner posted:

Here's my mom's dog op.

Very lovely.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Internetjack posted:

My sister has a bichon, and it is one of the best dogs I've ever met. If you sit on the couch, it hops up and cuddles you for pets. Its old, but in 15 years I can't remember ever hearing it bark.

Blame the owner, not the dog.

Bichons are very intelligent and friendly, normally if they're very barky it's due to anxiety issues.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dear Watson posted:

I plan on getting 15 of them so I can have a white swarm around me at all times

They're lovely

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Stunt_enby posted:

awww, such good boys :kimchi:

Very good.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

christmas boots posted:

I bet the dogs would make better posts than the average goon

They'd be very lovely posts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can only imagine how good their posts would be

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1redflag posted:

I met this little old lady at a dog park a few years ago who had one of these bichons or whatever and she had named it “Mr. Pancakes” and I think that may be the best dog name I heard until my neighbor got this goofy golden lab and named it “Waffles!”

It was a lovely dog.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tato posted:

several people have asked and no one has answered -

what the gently caress is up with that eye crust?

It's not crust, it's tear stain, virtually every dog gets it to some degree but because of a Bichon's eye shape and the density of fur around their eyes it becomes more obvious and prevalent and is avoidable to some degree, cleaning the poo poo from the hair around their eyes is common but if you think it's some gross deal-breaker on the breed then that probably means you take poo poo hygienic care of your own dog because every breed under the sun has its own gross drawbacks.

When I did my vet tech interning the breeds with the single highest rate of crusty eye rear end poo poo were droopy ones with Golden Retrievers being some of the ones with the most common discharge issues.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Golden Retrievers are generally some of the most hosed up dogs I saw healthwise, it's not wonder they tend to die young. Those dogs get utterly hosed up and Golden Retriever owners almost always let the dog run around in filth and poo poo and don't come in for enough checkups. I dunno wtf it is with Golden Retriever owners. Those dogs seem to die by the bushel. It's jacked up. It's worse than Pit owners for pure negligence.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

christmas boots posted:

I once ran across an ID tag for a dog named Sparkles Von Glitterpup.

Never saw the dog itself though, so I don't know if it was fitting.

The dog was a terrorist.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dr. Quarex posted:

Threads about dogs are actually worse than threads about politics because people can occasionally change their mind about their lovely political beliefs

Threads about dogs are extremely bad because people apply this insane bloodlust to some poor animal that doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tato posted:

Threads about dogs are the worst because people try to make jokes while other posters fall over themselves weeping and crying, accusing everyone else in the thread of being a dog murderer.

This doesn’t happen in threads about pizza or Nickelodeon’s Doug.

Every time I hear these jokes in public they carry a bizarre undercurrent of aggression. Everyone who waxes apeshit about some hyperspecific breed of dog with such vitriol is weird as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also, late, but probably because Golden Retrievers have the reputation for being cute friendly family dogs and are bought by thoughtless shitheads as the pretty new toy from inbred puppy mills and left in the backyard (if they're lucky) all day alone to go stir-crazy. Basically same as the little yap monsters but with even less room to escape from their own filth.

Golden Retrievers and Labs are basically the barkiest dogs and also the most likely to maul people. Owners that should never have such needy breeds get them too often.

It's rich that people complain about small dogs because small dogs are easy. It was far, far, more likely for me to see poorly trained large dogs because they are uniformly the ones more abused or improperly trained.

Better a dog spoiled than one neglected or trained using dogshit pseudoscience dominance theory and turning into an angry, neurotic piece of poo poo. There are so many hosed up Pits that need serious rehabilitation and instead people whine about small dogs because they've internalized some weird masculine power projecting idea of what a dog "should be" like bizarro incels. Hence why the aggression towards them is such transparent bullshit to me.