Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

He has 22,895 yards, 1,549 receptions, and 197 touchdowns. For perspective, here are the leaders around him:

Yards
1. Jerry Rice - 22,895
2. Larry Fitzgerald - 17,492
3. Terrell Owens - 15, 934

Receptions
1. Jerry Rice - 1549
2. Larry Fitzgerald - 1432
3. Tony Gonzalez - 1325

Touchdown Receptions
1. Jerry Rice - 197
2. Randy Moss - 156
3. Terrell Owens - 153

Jerry Rice played for 19 years. That’s a long time! But what if he and everyone else in the NFL suddenly had feet for hands? Would Jerry Rice still be the triple crown leader? Would it be by a similar margin, or would everyone else catch up with him? What about if everyone had hands for feet? Would that affect the receiving totals by any significant amount? Who would be the best receiver with feet hands and hand feets? Would they still wear cleats on their feet that are substituting for hands? Or would they wear grippy socks with pads? What would cleats look like for hands at the ends of your legs? Would the receiving leaderboard look dramatically different depending on whether or not the receivers had cleat feet gloves or grippy sock gloves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Finally somebody came out and asked what we’ve all been thinking.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If they wore cleats to catch, they would pop the ball with the spikes! Athletes should wear Vibram Fivefingers instead.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Rex Ryan just shuddered and he doesn’t know why.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
All the numbers would be worse but Jerry Rice's relative superiority would be unchanged.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
What if just one of the hands and feet were swapped.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Phobeste posted:

What if just one of the hands and feet were swapped.

i’m glad you asked

jerry rice stays at the top, cris carter is now 2nd in all categories

NickRoweFillea posted:

If they wore cleats to catch, they would pop the ball with the spikes! Athletes should wear Vibram Fivefingers instead.

this is a good point

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dont know

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have nipples Greg, could you milk me?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
then it really would be handegg

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I believe Jerry would hold all the records regardless of where the feet and hands are, but what if butts were faces?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

that's a good argument against butts for faces but still i must ask: does the helmet catch become less special if his butt was his face

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

what does this mean for sanchez and his legacy?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I believe Jerry would hold all the records regardless of where the feet and hands are, but what if butts were faces?

the league already tried this with roethlisberger and the results have been terrible

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Centers are going to have a hell of a time snapping the ball with their new feethands, and the chain to 'successful forward pass' just gets harder from there. I think you're into Jon Bois territory of broken football here.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
What if Michael Vick was white?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

beggar posted:

Centers are going to have a hell of a time snapping the ball with their new feethands, and the chain to 'successful forward pass' just gets harder from there. I think you're into Jon Bois territory of broken football here.

Probably centers would no longer snap the ball with their hand hands and instead snap it with their leg hands. Definitely long snappers. No longer a need to aim the ball through your legs and you could give it extra kick. It would be like having a donkey as a long snapper. I bet the kicking game would suffer overall though. You'd lose 10-15 yards off of the field goal record I bet.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

what does this mean for sanchez and his legacy?

The play makes more sense now. He was trying to make his face into a butt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is almost a question for Jon Bois.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Who would be a better wide receiver, Braylon Edwards with hands for feet, Braylon Edwards with feet for hands, or Braylon Edwards?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fartknocker posted:

What if Michael Vick was white?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

rude! :mad:

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Who would be a better wide receiver, Braylon Edwards with hands for feet, Braylon Edwards with feet for hands, or Braylon Edwards?

braylon edwards with hands for feet. with four hands that drop rate is going to plummet.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If everyone had hands for feet there would be trick plays where linemen pick up wide receivers and hold them overhead, thus freeing up the WR's foothands and allowing them four hands to catch with. Given that you'd need your O-line to be able to keep up with your receivers this would probably only be used in the red zone and on 2-pt conversions.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ah yes, a man of exquisite taste, a lover of fine goods, and fan of the... MINNESOTA VIKINGS!?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
In this universe, does Stickum still exist?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

braylon edwards with hands for feet. with four hands that drop rate is going to plummet.

But Braylon Edwards is at his best when trying to catch with one hand instead of with two. Extra hands might make him worse!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've been thinking about this. Judging by the numbers and most importantly the sight test, Jerry Rice historically had the quickest hands and feet.
Say F = Feet and H = Hands. If hands become feet and feet become hands, and we are asking about a world in which F(H)=H(F), then I submit that, considering the data and my gut, there is no difference and Jerry Rice is the triple crown in both universes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thought this was going to be another Jon Bois video thread.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If everyone had feet for hands Chad would be #1.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

man i haven't thought about braylon edwards in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Thought this was going to be another Jon Bois video thread.

let me boot up indesign and see what i can make happen