Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/barcelona-make-coutinho-liverpool-proposition-to-offset-remaining-40m/ar-AAKxqGN?ocid=msedgntp

quote:

As a result, Barcelona are now ready to move him on- and they have a plan to do so. That is according to AS (via the Express), who say club chiefs wish to send him back to Liverpool.

That’s because the La Liga giants still owe the Reds £40million for the player. And, after already splashing out upwards of £100million on him for little return, they are reluctant to spend any more cash on him.
Therefore, they are hoping the Reds will re-sign Coutinho instead of waiting for the remainder of the money owed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"the reds"

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Take the money

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

ozmunkeh posted:

Take the money

:hmmyes:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I was tangentially involved in the deal to refinance the Coutinho payable a few years ago. Liverpool have already been paid, Barca owe the remaining fee to a collection of fairly ruthless hedge funds who I doubt have much interest in taking the player as payment. The only way this deal would work involves Liverpool actually handing over £40m.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

maybe a hedge fund will own coutinho this summer and we can see more fantastic michael owen-like brochures

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

peanut- posted:

I was tangentially involved in the deal to refinance the Coutinho payable a few years ago. Liverpool have already been paid, Barca owe the remaining fee to a collection of fairly ruthless hedge funds who I doubt have much interest in taking the player as payment. The only way this deal would work involves Liverpool actually handing over £40m.

Can you lend me just 1.6m euros please

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

greazeball posted:

maybe a hedge fund will own coutinho this summer and we can see more fantastic michael owen-like brochures

he'll make some wild career moves like how Hulk did when his player rights were owned by a bizarre consortium of agents who just wanted to maximize transfer and signing fees

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/goal/status/1399624351100637184

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1399374025667850245

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Liverpool have apparently made enquiries about Raphinha and he's said in an interview that he watched a Liverpool match as a kid and knows who Steven Gerrard is so thats it then. £32m is the alleged figure which seems comically low for a player who signed last year on a 4 year deal and I would prefer that Liverpool hosed off and shopped elsewhere imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Now that Southampton are bad the transfer committee need a new feeder team.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the sex ghost posted:

Liverpool have apparently made enquiries about Raphinha and he's said in an interview that he watched a Liverpool match as a kid and knows who Steven Gerrard is so thats it then. £32m is the alleged figure which seems comically low for a player who signed last year on a 4 year deal and I would prefer that Liverpool hosed off and shopped elsewhere imo

I haven't seen any links from reliable sources. Raphinha's a good player and Leeds are doing well, so the bid sounds pretty low. I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I can't see Heaton wanting to come in as third-choice

United's current English 3rd choice keeper is being let go, and Heaton is 35. Surely this is just a typical homegrown/pay day combo?

Also no way are Liverpool getting Raphina for 32m unless it's some contract thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
32 year old Wilfried Bony's 16 year old son Geoffroy has signed for Swansea (his scholarship terms, he's been here for years).

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal have supposedly bid for Buendia, whom I have presumably seen play but don’t remember at all.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
arsenal could use a buendia lol its been a while

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

arsenal could use a buendia lol its been a while

100 years of solitude even

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looks like Buendia is going to Villa

https://mobile.twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1401214605163122701

Percy doesn't usually tweet this kind of stuff until it's all but done so it's looking promising.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That's a good signing, would have liked him at Leeds. I'd worry that he was a player in the Vydra Zone (formerly the Bamford Dimension) but he looks like he's improved since his first go in the prem

Apparently arsenal put a bid in for him and were rejected. Arsenes gone so presumably they put a sensible bid in and the player turned them down which is worrying if you're an arsenal fan wondering how legacy teams are beating them to signing effectively championship players

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Frankston posted:

Looks like Buendia is going to Villa

https://mobile.twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1401214605163122701

Percy doesn't usually tweet this kind of stuff until it's all but done so it's looking promising.

Looks like you can bold that

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

That's a good signing, would have liked him at Leeds. I'd worry that he was a player in the Vydra Zone (formerly the Bamford Dimension) but he looks like he's improved since his first go in the prem

Apparently arsenal put a bid in for him and were rejected. Arsenes gone so presumably they put a sensible bid in and the player turned them down which is worrying if you're an arsenal fan wondering how legacy teams are beating them to signing effectively championship players

The Taarabt Terminal

The Gayle Garden

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

the mitrovic marsh

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The Snodgrass Sauna

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The knockeart nook

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
TRP in Roo-ins

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pretty amazing how consistently Arsenal get humiliated.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Pretty amazing how consistently Arsenal get humiliated.

He chose a better club mate.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

He chose a better club mate.

Not according to the league table he didn't.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Not according to the league table he didn't.

"Arsenal are poo poo" is a universal constant bud

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

"Arsenal are poo poo" is a universal constant bud

Both can be true.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Arsenal supporter being upset the club missed out on a pretty average midfielder is peak Arsenal.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Isn't Buendia a right winger anyway? I don't know why Arsenal were supposedly interested in him when that's one of the few areas they don't need strengthening

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Arsenal supporter being upset the club missed out on a pretty average midfielder is peak Arsenal.

Yeah it’s weird anyone think an average midfielder would be useful given Arsenal’s superstars there

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheRat posted:

"the reds"

Somehow I don't think Coutinho will be interested in moving to Cincinnati.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm eagerly awaiting some cool rumours involving the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid, now managed by Ancelotti, whom I love, and his eyebrows

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Sounds like Gini Wijnaldum is heading to PSG rather than Barcelona according to football guru Fabrizio Romano

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hearing a lot about Howson to Real Madrid as a Hazard replacement

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Hearing a lot about Howson to Real Madrid as a Hazard replacement

Never had Howson down as a failed permacrock

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1401833913425747969

Not bolded yet but just about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thoughts on the Ward-Prouse rumors? It's a transfer that doesn't really make any sense to me.