Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Are we poo poo

You won OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

You won OP

Thank you. Now give me back my mod ball!!!!!

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Jonas Wind top scorer. Bookmark this post. Or dont.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Bape Culture posted:

Are we poo poo

Well apparently England may have lost the most important football player in the tournament, a *checks notes* young attacking full back who has been in average form the last year. :(

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Calling up 9 right backs paid off then did it. Gareth knew

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Cool that Trent got injured in a loving meaningless game.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

CyberPingu posted:

It is because then we won't be forced to play an average player in the tournament because he got loads of fantasy points last year.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
It was a dull game played out by two sides fielding half of their first team and half their reserve team. Not too much to read into it. I thought Saka, Grealish, Trippier and A-A played well. Mings and Coady were quite tidy at the back. Bellingham was not as all action as I thought he would be but I don't see why he should put the effort in for eight and a half thousand Pissflap relatives who boo his race.

Romania on Sunday should be more interesting. I know the united players are back by then, does anyone know if Southgate has said he will start/play any of the Chelsea or City players?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CyberPingu posted:

Not sure we can cope in a tournament with only three right-backs.

Someone get Gary Neville on the phone.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

britishbornandbread posted:

Not too much to read into it. I thought Saka, Grealish, Trippier and A-A played well.

I thought Trent was pretty poor tbh.

He also shouldn’t be on free kicks when we have Grealish.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

wooger posted:

I thought Trent was pretty poor tbh.

He also shouldn’t be on free kicks when we have Grealish.

There was one ball over the top behind him which worried me, but otherwise I thought he got up and down well and had some decent enough deliveries, but yes he suffered as the rest of the makeshift XI kinda sat back and let Austria just gently caress about in midfield. Ultimately there was no definite confirmations regarding the XI for Croatia.

Grealish is a great player. I've always thought he was good, but I do enjoy watching him more and more in the build up to this tournament.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sebzilla posted:

Not sure we can cope in a tournament with only three right-backs.

Someone get Gary Neville on the phone.

I meant more that if its a long term injury. I couldnt give a poo poo about the Euros

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

I couldnt give a poo poo about the Euros

:mods:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Trent Alexander Arnold is coming home.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/03/englands-trent-alexander-arnold-ruled-out-of-euro-2020-with-thigh-injury

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You hate to see it

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Mings is such crap I almost think england are gonna win the euros with this team full of cloggers

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
“It” being Trent Alexander Arnold lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the pharaoh's curse strikes again

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lmao after all the hype about him being picked or not

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

agreed, such a complete waste of energy.

I think I'd like to see Ward-Prowse get the call. The most attractive element of picking Trent was his deliveries into the box, and I feel Ward-Prowse is just as good, as well as at direct free kicks on goal.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Mings is such crap I almost think england are gonna win the euros with this team full of cloggers

"He's not even the best English CB in Aston Villa" - John Lennon

Nah but for real, Konsa is better, younger, and has way, way more potential. I'm never fully confident in Mings and he always seems to have one gently caress-up per game in him which appears to come down to a lack of concentration.

He's left-footed though so there you go.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them, get round the back
Catch me if you can, cause I'm the England man
And what you're looking at is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football song
Three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I know I've said this before for the world cup.

But it really is coming home this year.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Me when England are on telly

Me 1 week before a tournament

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
im permabanned poster andorrastomper66. i first started watching football when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "england" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "it's coming home" and "three lions on the shirt" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of england support was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "support" england to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

it's coming home

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Barry Shitpeas posted:

im permabanned poster andorrastomper66. i first started watching football when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "england" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "it's coming home" and "three lions on the shirt" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of england support was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "support" england to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

will they still let you play the tuba or does it function essentially as a covid-19 blunderbuss

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's coming home OP

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Frankston posted:

Nah but for real, Konsa is better, younger, and has way, way more potential.

Yeah, I don’t really like the centre backs situation at all, apart from McGuire you could certainly swap them all out and not be worse off.

How we’ve managed to avoid picking an existing English CB pairing from either Villa or Brighton is baffling.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Glad to see Sam johnstone getting his first start for England. He’s a good lad who’s used to a porous defense

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
We’re playing a centre back at right back, cause we don’t have enough right backs somehow?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lot of talk of 3 at the back for the tournament which I'm always in favour of. Ben White just spraying the ball around in a back 3 phwoooaar

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
looks like a lovely day in sunny Boro

*a saxophone honks in the distance*

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Mings is terrible, there are 4 better English centre backs in the Brighton squad alone and one of them is Dan Burn.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This is absolutely shite. Need to start killing teams and not treating them with respect.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

This is absolutely shite. Need to start killing teams and not treating them with respect.

This is just a kickabout for fitness, once the tournament starts then you'll see some urgency. Is what I'm telling myself

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You better be right The Sex Ghost coz this is absolute trash!!!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

This is just a kickabout for fitness, once the tournament starts then you'll see some urgency. Is what I'm telling myself

Gareth "relegated Middlesbrough" Southgate will see us lift the trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Lot of talk of 3 at the back for the tournament which I'm always in favour of. Ben White just spraying the ball around in a back 3 phwoooaar
Ben White is mint