Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

this is a v good way of phrasing it and I might use it. I am sure telling the more miserable people in my life that they're basically Ricky Gervais will give them pause

Oh definitely. The upside is that as annoying as they are, they're even easier to annoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Maradonna Summer posted:

Is there an Italian equivalent for sportsball/wendyball

Incredibly no, though maybe I've just never heard it.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Those horn honking hooligans! Why, we used to have to get up at 4am just to queue for the mine elevator.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

If you find an Italian rugby fan can you ask them what their version of drinking a pint of piss through a sock is?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Englishman A: "I hate my friends, Englishmen C and D. How can I make our relation worse by angering them?"

Englishman B: "Tell them that they are terrible people, similar to Englishman E."

Englishman A: "Great idea! By the way, why do other people dislike us?"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

If you find an Italian rugby fan can you ask them what their version of drinking a pint of piss through a sock is?

lmao

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
I might be misremembering, but I swear Danish fans booed the Finnish anthem in Copenhagen. Not that it matters, it's really not a big deal.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Why did you ruin a perfectly good avatar?

i didn't buy the av op, but I enjoy it nonetheless because I love iberian shithousing

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ola posted:

Englishman A: "I hate my friends, Englishmen C and D. How can I make our relation worse by angering them?"

Englishman B: "Tell them that they are terrible people, similar to Englishman E."

agreed person who has literally never posted in the comedy soccer forum until england somehow managed to get to a final

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Ola posted:

sorry you don't understand bantz m8

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I bet it’s eating Sicilian food without grimacing

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Ola posted:

Never seen a Millwall match, eh?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
In conclusion,

Bape Culture posted:

People supporting Italy and denouncinginf England for diving having never ever watched an Italy game obviously is some good good poo poo lol

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I have a couple friends trying to set up a bbq for gametime on Sunday; completely unrelated to the final, they're a bunch of even dumber Americans who think pro wrestling is the pinnacle of sports. I'm not sure if I have the heart to tell them I'm going to be late to watch some pretty Europeans kick a ball around OR just feign sickness and stay home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Omnikin posted:

I have a couple friends trying to set up a bbq for gametime on Sunday; completely unrelated to the final, they're a bunch of even dumber Americans who think pro wrestling is the pinnacle of sports

There's not even any big wrestling shows going on this weekend :confused:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
wrestling is isn't real and is some big fail imho

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Omnikin posted:

I have a couple friends trying to set up a bbq for gametime on Sunday; completely unrelated to the final, they're a bunch of even dumber Americans who think pro wrestling is the pinnacle of sports. I'm not sure if I have the heart to tell them I'm going to be late to watch some pretty Europeans kick a ball around OR just feign sickness and stay home

Introduce them to the beauty that is a Luke Shaw corner connecting with an Easter island statue.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

track day bro! posted:

Lol yeah if you look hard you can see the wires

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1411021323237793796

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Really looking forward to three pages of wrestling chat

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
People should be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy, as long as they're not being a dick while doing it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Lol yeah if you look hard you can see the wires

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1411021323237793796

i will never click on a twitter link op, i only watch real sports like rocket league

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Really looking forward to three pages of wrestling chat

yeah bad posting on my part to put out a terrible bait post to the person who probably posts 9000 times a second about wrestgling

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

goatface posted:

People should be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy, as long as they're not being a dick while doing it.

A bit harsh on goons, this

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Hi wrestling

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

rear end cobra posted:

wow there really is no end to the depravity of english cheating. if they hadn’t gotten the pen, I’m 100% sure theyd have continued to add even more balls to confuse the brave danish lads

I've been pitching extra time multiball for years. or each team loses a player every 60 seconds until there's only two left so the game is decided by good old fashioned wembley doubles, or heads and volleys

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Omnikin posted:

ask them to RKO you through a table if they Win the Big One

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I cycled round wembley and they were testing the car

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 8, 2021

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

kecske posted:

I've been pitching extra time multiball for years. or each team loses a player every 60 seconds until there's only two left so the game is decided by good old fashioned wembley doubles, or heads and volleys

This and as soon as you get down to 3v3, rush and spider goalie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

That's because you're American

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Rarity posted:

There's not even any big wrestling shows going on this weekend :confused:

That's the thing, they just want to see each other like some kinda touchy-feely friends. I'm not sure how I'm gonna flake out on it last minute yet but I'll figure it out

bonus point: one of the dudes is a... pro? semi-pro? Sunday League? wrestler featured in this 6 man tag match from a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4e4H26Ihc

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I do expect that yellow cards will be explosively flying out of the ref's bum all match on Sunday.

The UEFA record is 12, by the way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the popes toes posted:

I do expect that yellow cards will be explosively flying out of the ref's bum all match on Sunday.

Weak poo poo you should be following Copa America. Last game had 10, 9 of which were in the 2nd half.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I cycled round wembley and they were testing the car

This is top tier mini car research, thank you.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the popes toes posted:

Italy need 7 booking points to clinch the £20 office sweep prize for dirtiest team currently held by Wales, easily obtainable if they're a goal up in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely poised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The semi finals are over, new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972866