Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's finally time to decide which team is the best in Europe.

Match Info
Date: July 11, 2021
Time: 2100 CET/2000 BST/1500 EST
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London

England thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968804
Italy thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970347

England ended top of their group after defeating Croatia and The Czech Republic and drawing Scotland. They proceeded to knock out Germany 2-0, Ukraine 4-0 and Denmark 2-1.

Italy ended top of their group after defeating Turkey, Switzerland and Wales. They went on to knock out Austria 2-1, Belgium 2-1 and Spain on penalties after drawing 1-1

This is England's first major tournament final since their World Cup win in1966, this is Italy's first major tournament final since their Euro 2012 loss to Spain.

Since nobody was sent off for either team in either semi final, both teams will have all healthy players available.

That's it. This is the final! Lets all enjoy it before we go back to arguing about foreign ownership and impossible transfers and the budgetary concerns of official eastern european off road tire sponsors.

Do not talk about sports other than football in this thread, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Smells like it's coming home

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's (not) going home.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Quoting into the new thread because i don't want this TRP scoop getting lost

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I cycled round wembley and they were testing the car

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

That's it. This is the final! Lets all enjoy it before we go back to arguing about foreign ownership and impossible transfers and the budgetary concerns of official eastern european off road tire sponsors.

Was in the shop the other day and saw klopp on the front of the echo and thought 'loving hell I haven't thought about you in nearly a month. Literally forgot you existed'. Summer tournaments are mad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It has had a very lovely holiday travelling around the world but it misses it's family and friends so now it's coming home

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Was in the shop the other day and saw klopp on the front of the echo and thought 'loving hell I haven't thought about you in nearly a month. Literally forgot you existed'. Summer tournaments are mad

Cheering for Sterling instead of "HAHAHAHA LOOK AT HIM RUN"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Cheering for Sterling instead of "HAHAHAHA LOOK AT HIM RUN"

Im glad i got to have a lol at both Sterling and Kane yesterday though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

With how much hell Italian / Spanish media is raising over the Sterling penalty, I wonder if that changes anything for the referee appointment for the final. Kuipers was the name penciled in, and his likely VAR Pol van Boekel was just the VAR on the England/Denmark game.

IMO just give it to Brych, let him do a R16/QF/SF/F at this point

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am loving READY

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Forza Azzurri! :italy:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It's coming home.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
would have preferred to see actual pennos yesterday because penalty shootouts are great imo but i think we can all agree england-italy is a more compelling final than denmark-italy

italy 33 games unbeaten with 27-28 wins in there, england have a hell of a task if it is to come home

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

HappyCamperGL posted:

Forza Azzurri! :italy:

:hmmyes:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
still undecided on the sterling incident even after viewing the replay multiple times, it is definitely one of those that you see given all the time

the lasers in schmichel's eyes is disgracful though, how are the refs looking directly at his face and letting the game continue / not ordering a re-take?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

chaoslord posted:

With how much hell Italian / Spanish media is raising over the Sterling penalty, I wonder if that changes anything for the referee appointment for the final. Kuipers was the name penciled in, and his likely VAR Pol van Boekel was just the VAR on the England/Denmark game.

IMO just give it to Brych, let him do a R16/QF/SF/F at this point

It's was the right call though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
shitaly

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

EC10 posted:

the lasers in schmichel's eyes is disgracful though, how are the refs looking directly at his face and letting the game continue / not ordering a re-take?

This has been happening for years across the world and the most UEFA does is drop a nothing fine on one of the teams. I think the only way to do something about it would be for goalkeepers to complain publicly about it but I don't remember any of them doing it.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
i also think it's safe to say the two teams that have played the best in the tournament are in the final, which is cool.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jose posted:

shitaly

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Carrier
May 12, 2009

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm here for plucky underdogs England in the battle of the empires

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

We want more info about the miniature kwagga car!!!!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

you should follow it on twitter: https://twitter.com/tinyfootballcar

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bape Culture posted:

That's actually a regular kwagga car :eng101:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I knew it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It loving drifts!!!!!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

me until sunday

kecske fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 8, 2021

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Asking mum now for £50,000 so I can sit in the kop. She's not having it called me a layabout.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

i also think it's safe to say the two teams that have played the best in the tournament are in the final, which is cool.

:thunk:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EC10 posted:

still undecided on the sterling incident even after viewing the replay multiple times, it is definitely one of those that you see given all the time

Schmiechel made an amazing stop even with that, just didn't have any NFL patented resin goop on his gloves.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
comunque sempre inghilterra merda

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

abuse culture. posted:

comunque sempre inghilterra merda

I know this says something like england are always poo poo, but your spanish spelling is way off

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I can't believe people are still moaning about that penalty when England had two really good other shouts turned down and Denmark didn't even really have a shot for the last 90 minutes

Also Italians complaining about shithousery is funny, they were born to Shithouse. Forged in it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Hes right though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Hes right though

Most of England's games they've set up to completely kill off any spicy in the game and it's been incredibly boring to watch as a neutral. Yesterday was pretty decent I suppose.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Most of England's games they've set up to completely kill off any spicy in the game and it's been incredibly boring to watch as a neutral. Yesterday was pretty decent I suppose.

He didnt say most exciting football, he said the teams that have played the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Arrividerci it's one on one

It's coming home