Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week's part is extremely cursed

I have no idea why the guys are so much louder than me, but I fixed that by next week's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I really appreciate your dedication to... I forgot what exactly. But appreciation!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:psyduck: jesus christ ThornBrain.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Having done this myself on the GBA version recently, the near-instant save/load times make going to the bottom of the mines quite a bit less painful. Still not pleasant, though; at least you only need to go all the way to the bottom of each mine once.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Now that I've got the curses I gotta work them off like Thanksgiving calories or Halloween candy or whichever joke is more timely this is still a Winter part

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

Now that I've got the curses I gotta work them off like Thanksgiving calories or Halloween candy or whichever joke is more timely this is still a Winter part

Like milk and cookies left out for “Santa”.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What upgrade could there possibly be for the axe after "will break every log on the map at once."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Max level axe: it chops down everyone's houses so you can reuse the wood. All the buildings respawn the next day.

(I don't remember what it actually does)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I imagine it did something more in the original game. They left in a few artifacts like that. Though weirdly it's the basket that they bothered to take out.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

End of the first year, and we've made incredible progress. The second year will be fast in comparison. That villa is in sight.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

"She's gonna mayonnaise the baby" is not a sentence I ever expected to hear.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someone got, uh, poetic describing that snowball fight.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Year 2 begins and will be over again before you know it

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

don't mind me, just jotting down the family recipe for french/steak fries on this piece of paper, stuffing it in a bottle & yeeting it into the ocean

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

oldskool posted:

don't mind me, just jotting down the family recipe for french/steak fries on this piece of paper, stuffing it in a bottle & yeeting it into the ocean

The Pacific garbage patch in SoS world is very different.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

The Mythic watering can is even more insane in the original: it waters 12 x 21 squares in front of the character. The field measures 25 x 43 squares. Leaving a single row and a single column bare, you can water the entire field with four full charges; the only drawback is it uses up the entire can each time.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I approve of your choice of cat.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

My favorite pastime has come back around: cheating the system! Except now I have to take part in the system.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Uh, has anyone checked on Yoshi? Are they okay? :ohdear:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Harris and chicken tenders? Of course.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

My second Summer is very good for homeowning, very bad for my drat crops and for Harris.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Man, I'd be so ticked about all those typhoons...

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
What's the RNG on those anyways? 5%?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Plants facts! They probably made the pumpkins green because of Kabocha pumpkins. They're pretty good, and they're often used in tempura.

As for pineapple and fingerprints, you probably heard the story because of bromelain. It's an enzyme (a protease) found in the plant, especially in the stem and the core, and it's also one of the reasons why your mouth tingles when eating pineapple cores: the enzyme is digesting you very slightly. But also pineapple is acidic. The canned fruit is cooked, so doesn't have that effect.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Being the child of a lesbian couple, the worry about being adopted could potentially come up, but boy howdy if only she knew.

Just two parts left in the LP!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Well, time to go rewatch the Stardew Valley LP!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ThornBrain posted:

My second Summer is very good for homeowning, very bad for my drat crops and for Harris.

Its too bad there just isn't... anything to do during a storm. I guess you wouldn't necessarily be married but even just some generic and short cutscenes with the spouse would be nice.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup
I love all your farming LPs to bits, the joy is palpable every time you release a new episode.

AltaBrown posted:

Well, time to go rewatch the Stardew Valley LP!

And yes, this is probably happening soon here as well.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

You thought my money-making was gross up until now? This is the penultimate part, and I will get enough for the town villa in it.
Also, you folks were kindly talking about our older farming LPs, and I just so happened to get one of them on my mind when its music popped up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I am absolutely shocked you didn't know the brooch medal price by heart. :v:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Haifisch posted:

I am absolutely shocked you didn't know the brooch medal price by heart. :v:

To be fair, it's not like Thorn ever sold them one at a time, is it?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Now I know where Bioware got the idea for the pull-up contest in Mass Effect 3.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

FoMT concludes with a beep. :3:

Thanks all for watching! I'm thinking about future farming LPs, or at least anything I can do with Skippy and Yami again, but for now look forward to Jacob's LP of WarioWare: Get It Together with me and Yoshi every Monday in January! Enjoy your New Year's, folks.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Thanks for the LP! This was a really enjoyable one.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Thanks for showing us the cuties, Thorn, Yami, and Skippy!

And Thorn, if you haven't already, I recommend checking out Epic Chef. It is well written, and has great comedic timing.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Thanks a bunch for this one, I've always enjoyed your farming game LPs, they're just so chill.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Imagining a capybara playing fetch.

Very adorable game that I also don't have the patience for most of the time. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Thank you so much for the LP! I love HM/SoS games but there's no way I'll put enough time into one save to see any of the stuff you showed off.