Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

I usually root for Mourinho so I guess I have to figure out how to watch Serie A now

I'm so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lol I forgot that Clough called Keane a greedy poo poo and ended up selling him because he asked for £400k rather than £250k per annum

and then he ended up managing a bunch of 19-year-olds at villa who sat there and told him that if he wanted them to show up and train like united players then they should pay them united wages

lol

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Arsenal are Shite
Arsenal are Shiiiite
It's worse than Hibs FC

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When's the Emirates cup this year

e: lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/classicshirts/status/1415006037967527936

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 13, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vinestalk posted:

Arsenal are Shite
Arsenal are Shiiiite
It's worse than Hibs FC

does that make Spurs Sunni?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vyelkin posted:

does that make Spurs Sunni?

The North Mecca Derby

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just had sky sports news on in the background and remembered Patrick Vieira is the Palace manager lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57829927

Rashfords having shoulder surgery and could be out until October

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This was announced a while ago. He said when the season ended that he would have surgery on 'one of his injuries' when the euros were done with.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TheRat posted:

This was announced a while ago. He said when the season ended that he would have surgery on 'one of his injuries' when the euros were done with.

Imagine rushing to hipster post that you already knew this

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57829927

Rashfords having shoulder surgery and could be out until October

Not really bothered by this, it gives him time to actually rest after the clusterfuck of the last 18 months

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Not really bothered by this, it gives him time to actually rest after the clusterfuck of the last 18 months

Yeah in the long run it's good for a few reasons for him

Utd will need to rely on Cavani for a couple of months a bit more than they probably wanted to but I guess this is also part of the reason they extended his contract

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
nice that brian clough is getting a runout here, long time since i thought of him

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

bewbies posted:

nice that brian clough is getting a runout here, long time since i thought of him

He's an absolute loving legend. To think he had to overcome being from Middlesbrough.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

As a guy who came late to the PL, how bad were Clough's last days at Forest? I take it he was untouchable, but was the relegation a surprise? Most of the pieces I can find on Clough understandably focus on his European and league triumphs. There's not a lot that I have been able to find talking about that last season.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

All the boro lads are great. Except for one…

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

You?!?!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bape Culture posted:

come on now, Stewart Downing tried his best

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:’[

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man i genuinely liked stewart downing, i think he gets a bad rap

also holy poo poo he's still playing, possibly. how is he only 36

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I remember when I was a wee lad I went to the boro game and got shouted at by my dad for calling Jimmy floyd hasselbaink a wanker. I was probably about 8 lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My mum refused to let me get hasselbaink on the back of my Hewlett Packard Leeds kit because it would have cost more than the shirt

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

bewbies posted:

man i genuinely liked stewart downing, i think he gets a bad rap

also holy poo poo he's still playing, possibly. how is he only 36

He seemed perpetually unlucky at Liverpool. I always wondered how his career would have gone if at least one of those shots that pinged off the crossbar or goalpost had gone in. Getting Downing made more sense than purchases like Charlie Adam.

Come to think of it, Suarez hit the post a lot too that season.

What a banteriffic time that last Dalglish season was.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I’ve just realised the the Jimmy floyd hasselbaink chant is the same as the Tommy Robinson one lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jakabite posted:

I’ve just realised the the Jimmy floyd hasselbaink chant is the same as the Tommy Robinson one lmao

Yeah I expect there's a lot of crossover between Chelsea fans and EDL cunts

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eric Cantonese posted:

As a guy who came late to the PL, how bad were Clough's last days at Forest? I take it he was untouchable, but was the relegation a surprise? Most of the pieces I can find on Clough understandably focus on his European and league triumphs. There's not a lot that I have been able to find talking about that last season.

It was slightly before my time, but it was 15 years after Clough won the European Cup, and 15 years of him drinking very heavily (I think it was in Sheringham's autobiography where absent-mindedly grabs an orange juice at half-time and does a spit-take when he realises that it's about two-thirds vodka, which was clearly Cloughie's)

I think there were also money issues, not in the sense that they were expected to be relegated, but Forest were never a huge club and were caught out somewhat by the shifting sands of the new Premier League relative to what counted as a chairman who was willing to put money in

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yeah I expect there's a lot of crossover between Chelsea fans and EDL cunts

Unfortunately there absolutely is. Given that the Headhunters use an actual Totenkopf as their symbol and still very much turn up to political events trying to cause trouble, I think the Chelsea rep is sadly still well earned. West Ham and Spurs pretty bad for it too.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

quote:

Spurs

man if that aint ironic

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

bewbies posted:

man if that aint ironic

It’s Chelsea who use the totenkopf, not Spurs. That said, I dare say they wouldn’t be averse to it, and they do ally with the Headhunters for big events.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Eric Cantonese posted:

It was obvious he had serious problems for a while but like Best or Gascoigne there were a lot of people who had a vested interest in pretending it wasn't happening.

Forest were the platonic ideal of a "too big to go down" club (they won league cups and were in the FA Cup Final a couple of years before).
By the end though it seemed a relief when relegation gave Clough no choice but to quit.

Alcoholism is loving grim.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
:patriot: I'm just here to support Christian Pulisic

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Questionable.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Omnikin posted:

Isn’t Pulisic a Trump guy or something?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Omnikin posted:

Big chud energy

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Omnikin posted:

oh no

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
How many tools does pulisic have?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
What would the Pulisic version of the Jozy thread be? How many games he actually plays or how many times his manager SWEARS it's purely a tactical reason he's sitting on the bench?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

How many xG's will pulisic get this Year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Not PL yet (because reality refuses to abide by my Football Manager games) but to whoever corrected me about sand on pitches in the last thread, you were bang on - here's a before and after in just over a week:

https://twitter.com/CouncilCulture/status/1415008035043483656

e: And also yeah there is actually a pharmacist inhabiting what's basically an executive box at Brisbane Road which is both nice from a community point of view and also a little bit sad.