Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

oh no cliffhanger! What will happen to our daring not-a-hero not-a-Chris Redfield?! Is this DLC actually a metroidvania?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And see, that's the worst thing about this scenario! Since we're Not A Series Vet, there are stakes! Redfield may not survive the events of the dlc!

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Redfield manages to capture Lucas and bring him in alive, per his orders.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Meaty Ore posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Redfield manages to capture Lucas and bring him in alive, per his orders.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Meaty Ore posted:

I’m picturing a series of elaborate home-built electronic mechanisms leading to a lock with a long, multipart passcode, which is set up beneath a big heavy box propped up on a stick with a string tied to it

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Of course! I've beaten the DLC, I know how it ends. Mainly just anticipating the reaction of the LP crew.

:unsmigghh:

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 21, 2021

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, Redfield, no!! Under NO circumstance are you to punch Lucas into lava!! What did I just say, stop that!!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

That's why Chris became an alcoholic! The debriefing after 5 is when he learned the boulder was a former member of S.T.A.R.S.!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Aw poo poo so that’s where the boulder traps from under the Spencer Mansion came from

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, all I know about Not A Hero is that it apparently is the reason the base version of RE7 never got this DLC (and the other major DLC). Are you guys going to be bringing that up at any point, or at least go into the broad strokes?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

AradoBalanga posted:

So, all I know about Not A Hero is that it apparently is the reason the base version of RE7 never got this DLC (and the other major DLC). Are you guys going to be bringing that up at any point, or at least go into the broad strokes?

What do you mean exactly?

Not a Hero is free dlc for anyone who owns a copy of RE7. At least on PS4. The rest are available on PSN.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

What do you mean exactly?

Not a Hero is free dlc for anyone who owns a copy of RE7. At least on PS4. The rest are available on PSN.
As I've heard it, Not A Hero was supposed to come out early in RE7's lifespan, like mid 2017. Instead, delays happened and the release was pushed to late 2017, where it was made into the free DLC it is now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It wasn't made free, it always was intended to be free.

Not A Hero was intended to be available on release or shortly after, so shortly after that it had this preview splash at the end of the game before it even gave you your ranking so you had to see it. Which was then quickly rectified to be more of a 'coming when we finish it!' thing as they went back for a polish pass. It ended up being nearly a year, and Not A Hero came out at the same time as End of Zoe, both with the release of the Gold Edition repackage since they were the final DLCs, and are included instead of being bought separate. Inbetween this there were a couple other DLC releases like the Banned Footage tapes.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 23, 2021

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah, so it sounds like the "smoothing out the edges" part took longer than expected, so Capcom went "gently caress it, let's use these DLCs to hype up the Gold Edition!" and went from there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yeah that fuckin ruled

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Given the power of Chris Redfield's Punch, and something or other you guys said in part 10, I made this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

azren posted:

Given the power of Chris Redfield's Punch, and something or other you guys said in part 10, I made this.

azren posted:

azren posted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I JUST PLAYED NOT A HERO FOR MYSELF AND I FOUND OUT YOU CAN PARRY THE SKINNY MOLDED AS CHRIS

https://i.imgur.com/sWbFihb.mp4

GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE LOSER

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Why they don't let you do this in Village is beyond me.

Fist only run.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CJacobs posted:

GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE LOSER
That's... that's beautiful :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://i.imgur.com/pLkPl8t.mp4
(turn on sound for more oomph!!)

I have been having so much fun grabbing footage for the DLC videos you have no idea

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

CJacobs posted:

I have been having so much fun grabbing footage for the DLC videos you have no idea

CJ, showing off his sick mouse aiming skills, as usual.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

azren posted:

I forgot to reply to this but this describes the Not a Hero experience well enough once you realize that punches are the best option in that DLC. :allears:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Man it's been over a month since anyone's posted in the thread. If there was some content to post, that might change things. I wonder...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Let's turn some gators into gumbo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Uncle Joe fuckin rules

azren
Feb 14, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Uncle Joe fuckin rules

He absolutely does, but as of this video the question remains: can he punch a gator?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am down for Joe Baker's Zombie Punching Simulator.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
that is actually from the game

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its time for punch uncle

Puncle

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Clearly Zoe's crystallisation follows FFXIII rules - all the women get their clothes removed in crystal form for no good reason. Hopefully her clothes get restored when she's cured like in that game, too!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I noticed this the other day and now firmly believe a) the crystals are her clothes and b) the people who made this game love their series and are utterly insane

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Punch uncle is best uncle

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This thread made me rewatch your Resident Evil 2 remake LP and you (Chaos) and Liquidypoo are super adorbs and I love watching your stuff.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Seeing Puncle in action was making me think of Dead Island: Riptide.

Throwing hands at the gribblys, Southern Edition instead of Aussie Edition.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy poo poo do I wanna play Dead Island again now thank you so much for reminding me of its existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:blush: