Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Looke posted:

Man City Supporter's Club General Secretary Kevin Parker: "Thanks to a bit of football tribalism our stadium is well known as the 'Emptihad', but the reality is our support is very good.. we're more hardcore and local. We certainly don't have 4000 tourists every game like Man Utd/Liverpool."

cucking myself to own the prem

it feels like you can have this, or you can talk about how hard it is to get to the ground (that you were born in the shadow of) for 8pm on a wednesday to see a european cup game

weird how all of the united and liverpool fans from ogdenville and north haverbrook manage it fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Just happy to not be here

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lightbulb Grease posted:

Poo Bald Frauder

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
If the man city owners wanted to buy a proper club with lots of fans, they should’ve picked a club from a city that didn’t already have a mega-club with 1000x more fans worldwide.

Which is almost all of them.

Imagine if they’d bought Villa and ploughed that much cash in. Or Wednesday. Or Forest.

minema
May 31, 2011
I went to the Etihad this week and it was the first football game I've ever been to - husband's best friend is a lifelong City season ticket holder so got spare tickets from him. I really enjoyed it and would definitely go again but it was quieter than I expected.

Did appreciate the amount of cubicles in the women's toilets, did not appreciate that people at work have now labelled me as fair game for football related banter.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

minema posted:

did not appreciate that people at work have now labelled me as fair game for football related banter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wooger posted:

If the man city owners wanted to buy a proper club with lots of fans, they should’ve picked a club from a city that didn’t already have a mega-club with 1000x more fans worldwide.

Which is almost all of them.

Imagine if they’d bought Villa and ploughed that much cash in. Or Wednesday. Or Forest.

The Saudis tried to do that and the premier League got upset

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Bielsa looking like a one note fraud at the moment we are in big trouble

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Must be harsh when you think you're going to petrodollar your way to CL glory, then a load of other clubs get the same idea tbf

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Al2001 posted:

Must be harsh when you think you're going to petrodollar your way to CL glory, then a load of other clubs get the same idea tbf

worked for chelsea

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lmfao

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/TomCrockerEcho/status/1439211684640481282

lmao

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm not owned I'm not owned I scream as I slowly shrink into a corncob

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Flayer posted:

I'm not owned I'm not owned I scream as I slowly shrink into a corncob

https://twitter.com/SaintsExtra/status/1439272830097629186?s=20

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Loving the Pep meltdown tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Someone should probably be asking why Pep's training schedule since Wednesday started at 4.50pm yesterday evening tbh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What does he mean ?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

CyberPingu posted:

Someone should probably be asking why Pep's training schedule since Wednesday started at 4.50pm yesterday evening tbh.

Clearly he was too busy researching average attendance figures to take training sessions

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This totally unprompted and unnecessary club wide meltdown is really enjoyable.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao at admitting they have fewer fans now than in 1934

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

lmao at admitting they have fewer fans now than in 1934

All clubs do we had terraces back then

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah this’ll be a nice funny football thing I’ll suddenly remember in a few years time. Speaking of stadiums and meltdowns, just remembered all the geordie tears and rage when Ashley renamed st James’ park and plastered every square inch of it in Sports Direct logos.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I liked it when he renamed Shearer's Bar and removed all mention of him inside the ground because 1) it's an admirably petty reaction to Shearer being rude about him on telly and 2) Shearer's a prick

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm enjoying all the fan accounts posting pictures with loads of empty seats to prove the stadium is full

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1439234760124026881?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I'm loving this combined meltdown

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
mod challenge take a picture of yourself at the Etihad next to an empty seat

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also in not funny news Jimmy greaves has died. Mrs ghosts dad is an old as gently caress spurs fan who watched him play and will brook absolutely no arguments suggesting he's anything other than the best striker of all time. Sad how much not getting that world cup winners medal affected him, and then when he finally got one decades later he had to sell it to pay his care bills :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I'm aware, I just find it really funny to answer the question of whether or not you fill the stadium today by responding "well lots of people showed up once in 1934"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

God drat that looks like such a death trap

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

God drat that looks like such a death trap

I...

Hmm

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cItseDX-ak&t=28s

rip

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/xgphilosophy/status/1439651050529738753?s=21

lmao

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

At least the tourists won't see it

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Thread title looks good now Arsenal have won both games in September and Spurs have lost both, North London Derby on the horizon

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Great stuff, all of that. RIP.

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1439524655803535360?s=11

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

It's amazing how little credit (or blame) Saint & Greavsie gets for shaping sports coverage in the UK - before them it really was just like a news or current affairs show, with a couple of Serious Experts discussing a single match, and Jimmy Hill was the upper limit on the amount of personality and animation they were allowed to have. S&G ushered in The Banter Age, and everything from Match of the Day to Baz And Bonzo's Pukka Pies Podcast traces it's lineage to these two being chucked in a studio and told to talk like they did down the pub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Arsenal decided to have Arteta answer questions from fans, letting him hear their voice and him getting to respond to some harder hitting questions! Sounds like a brilliant idea right?

Only the Arsenal social media team of course couldn't let Arteta answer real questions! So they made burner accounts and created questions for him

https://twitter.com/ArtiIIeroo/status/1439170408691929090

farcenal