Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Your table

So which Spurs fan spunked their 3 wishes in August then?

Top of the league
Arsenal bottom
Kane didnt go to City

August produced some interesting football. Arsenal are now facing an early relegation battle after losing their opening 3 games and not even registering a shot on target. Farteta indeed

Spurs are clear at the top after winning their opening three and all other usual contenders dropping points in the opening month

Also REDACTED re-signed with Manchester Utd because apparently Utd didnt want to be overshadowed by their City rivals having a rapist on their team.

Also its an international weekend this weekend (gently caress off), so everyone can take the weekend off

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Noted horrible bastards Burnley away and then the NLD, if Norwich can get their act together there's a real chance arsenal could end September with zero points. Lol and in fact lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Noted horrible bastards Burnley away and then the NLD, if Norwich can get their act together there's a real chance arsenal could end September with zero points. Lol and in fact lmao

What edit did you make to my OP?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

So which Spurs fan spunked their 3 wishes in August then?

that'll be me op

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Not me boss

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

I changed timg to img

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

The legal department here at The Wagatha Christie has issued the following statement: "An unnamed new signing for Manchester United ALLEGEDLY performed what may or may not be described as nonconsensual acts with a second party that was given a monetary out of court settlement which is not an admission of guilt by the unnamed party. This unnamed new signing has made it clear they do not want their name mentioned in association with the words rape, rapist, raper, Frozen Twix, or twink on penalty of litigation. In an effort to comply with these demands, some posts will be edited to ensure no civil cases are filed."

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You don’t have to rape to be a raper. But he is a raper

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

The legal department here at The Wagatha Christie has issued the following statement: "An unnamed new signing for Manchester United ALLEGEDLY performed what may or may not be described as nonconsensual acts with a second party that was given a monetary out of court settlement which is not an admission of guilt by the unnamed party. This unnamed new signing has made it clear they do not want their name mentioned in association with the words rape, rapist, raper, Frozen Twix, or twink on penalty of litigation. In an effort to comply with these demands, some posts will be edited to ensure no civil cases are filed."

Thank op but I made the initial redacted joke.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Extremely here for Big Davey Moyes' Entertainers scoring ten goals in three games.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

E. Nvm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This month Liverpool play Leeds, Palace, and Brentford, plus midweek games against Milan, Norwich, and Porto. I am hoping for good results but I think we'll probably lose somewhere in there, or maybe have one of those draws where we have a billion shots and none of them go in and a ball bounces off Allison's rear end and the game ends 1-1.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
villa fans are melting down about Grealish's interview on sky sports where he said he had possibly thought that his release clause would be triggered at some point, and also said that Manchester City has better players than Villa. highly controversial stuff.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Thank op but I made the initial redacted joke.

Lol yeah, okay, OP. Who are people going to believe? You, a guy who is NOT a part of the wagatha christie legal counsel? Or me, who is a Senior partner? Get [redacted], bud.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mods rename me Granit Spaka

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Mods rename me Alexandre Spacazette

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Lol yeah, okay, OP. Who are people going to believe? You, a guy who is NOT a part of the wagatha christie legal counsel? Or me, who is a Senior partner? Get [redacted], bud.

You appear to be Jeremy Clarkson so I don’t know what to believe

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Sorry for the confusion Lewis. This is actually the type of av they give every hardcore United fan. You should read some white pages about it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Fifa have been quiet for a while. Guess its time to dreg up a weird rule

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486811

quote:

Eight Premier League players will be stopped from playing for their clubs this weekend after Brazilian football authorities triggered a Fifa rule to prevent them appearing.

Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United and Leeds United will all be affected.

Players not released for an international window can be banned for five days after the window ends under the Fifa regulations.

The decision covers 10-14 September.

Brazil invoked the bans after the Premier League stopped players from appearing for their country if it meant travel to red list countries.

Players travelling to red list countries would have had to miss several games on their return because of the 10-day isolation period required under UK rules.

In addition to missing their sides' weekend games, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva and Manchester United midfielder Fred will also not be allowed to play in their teams' opening Champions League games against Zenit St Petersburg and Young Boys next Tuesday.

However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

The move also affects three Liverpool players, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson; Manchester City pair Ederson and Gabriel Jesus; and Leeds forward Raphinha, who had been called into the Brazil squad for the first time.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
good thing none of those liverpool players are important

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm confused, wouldn't they have not had long enough to quarantine to play in Brazil anyway?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoping FIFA and Brazil invoke a permanent 5 day rule on Fred.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

I'm confused, wouldn't they have not had long enough to quarantine to play in Brazil anyway?

Would have been 10 days after they returned to the country, so they wouldn't have been available for this Saturday or next (and also I assume training isn't really possible even in a posh quarantine hotel)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Would have been 10 days after they returned to the country, so they wouldn't have been available for this Saturday or next (and also I assume training isn't really possible even in a posh quarantine hotel)

The Argentines weren't allowed to play the Argentina/Brazil match because they hadn't been in Brazil long enough.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Fifa have been quiet for a while. Guess its time to dreg up a weird rule

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486811

Hardly a weird rule, it gets mentioned every time there's a dispute between national team and club

pik_d posted:

The Argentines weren't allowed to play the Argentina/Brazil match because they hadn't been in Brazil long enough.

Brazil doesn't require its own citizens to quarantine so it wouldn't have stopped them playing at least.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheRat posted:

Hardly a weird rule, it gets mentioned every time there's a dispute between national team and club

Brazil doesn't require its own citizens to quarantine so it wouldn't have stopped them playing at least.

Hahaha, so two players from the same club with the same potential for having Covid could come to Brazil, but because one has a Brazilian passport they get to play and the other wouldn't?

Brazil is a gently caress.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I hope Steffen's recovered from covid, otherwise it's Scott Carson in goal with an uncapped kid (or Walker) as backup

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

Hahaha, so two players from the same club with the same potential for having Covid could come to Brazil, but because one has a Brazilian passport they get to play and the other wouldn't?

Brazil is a gently caress.

It's not a footballer rule though, it's a "any brazilian citizen" rule and it's been in place for months

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

It's not a footballer rule though, it's a "any brazilian citizen" rule and it's been in place for months

That doesn't change his point though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheRat posted:

CyberPingu posted:

That doesn't change his point though.

This, just replace "players from the same club" with "people living in the same city" and "play" with "visit the country" and the danger of spreading covid is the same.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So the lads who didn’t even travel still get banned? Wtaf?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Bape Culture posted:

There's a rule where if a club prevents a player from traveling the national team can have that player sit out for the next game or whatever. It's to prevent clubs from making up fake injuries that conveniently cover only the time they'd have been with the national team.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

They get banned because they didn't travel. Clubs aren't allowed to deny national teams their best players as per FIFA rules.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

Unless you are Richarlison. Who gets special exemptions because he went to the Olympics.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

They get banned because they didn't travel. Clubs aren't allowed to deny national teams their best players as per FIFA rules.

Which is a loving stupid rule during Covid.

And the Brazilian FA are being petty cunts

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

It's *specifically* the players who didn't travel - international teams can ask for players to be suspended from their domestic competition if they fail to report for international duty when called up unless they're injured. I'm sure the clubs would have all done a Fergie and claimed a minor injury if they'd known Brazil were gonna pull this poo poo - every other country on the various national red lists have been happy to accommodate this.

Actually now I think of this - surely the 5 England-based Argentina players have to quarantine, as Brazil is on the UK red list?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

pik_d posted:

There's a rule where if a club prevents a player from traveling the national team can have that player sit out for the next game or whatever. It's to prevent clubs from making up fake injuries that conveniently cover only the time they'd have been with the national team.

Yeah but during covid times it’s absolutely mental to use it haha

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Which is a loving stupid rule during Covid.

And the Brazilian FA are being petty cunts

They're all doing it, not just the Brazilian FA. Mexico has blocked Jimenez, Paraguay has blocked Almiron and there's probably more that I haven't heard about.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

every other country on the various national red lists have been happy to accommodate this.

Nope! And on top of the ones I mentioned above, Tottenham are fining their argentinians because they left without permission.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Actually now I think of this - surely the 5 England-based Argentina players have to quarantine, as Brazil is on the UK red list?
Last I heard they will quarantine on a training camp in croatia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

*ronaldo voice*

We’re literally slaves mate it’s offit