Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I love Newcastle and want to hug and kiss Saudi Arabians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Just to say I will brutally murder anyone that starts seriousposting about how it's simply outrageous allowing the Saudi Arabians to own a club with their human rights record if you support a club that's owned by (a) billionaire(s)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gibbo is coming

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Just to say I will brutally murder anyone that starts seriousposting about how it's simply outrageous allowing the Saudi Arabians to own a club with their human rights record if you support a club that's owned by (a) billionaire(s)
sounds like the only ethical option is to stop posting about football entirely and i think i speak for everyone when i say we all appreciate your sacrifice, blue footed boobie.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

gently caress Newcastle and gently caress Saudi Arabia

cans

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think we can all agree it’s a shame such a detestable group of people have decided to group up with the Saudi’s.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I think we can all agree it’s a shame such a detestable group of people have decided to group up with the Saudi’s.

No, didn’t you hear, they’re buying Newcastle after all so the Inter deal is off

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
Something about cans, right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1445826846382301191

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I want can pics from all Newcastle posters as soon as that deal is signed

Also how many hours between the Saudis coming in and Bruce departing. I'm gonna conservatively say 12

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CANS

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

I want can pics from all Newcastle posters as soon as that deal is signed

Also how many hours between the Saudis coming in and Bruce departing. I'm gonna conservatively say 12

He'll walk out when bacon isn't served at the meet and greet

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hear Sven is the new manager waiting, he’s gonna pound CANS with the fans and bang supermodels

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Can't wait for sky sports to sell us on THE BIG SEVEN

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Who is the 'weve just come into money and we want a big name manager but none of the really good ones will take the job until we've got some better players' pick. I bet it's koeman lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Who is the 'weve just come into money and we want a big name manager but none of the really good ones will take the job until we've got some better players' pick. I bet it's koeman lol

I hope it's mourinho lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I hope it's mourinho lol

:bisonyes:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the sex ghost posted:

Tony Pulis?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Isn't Pep about to let his contract wind up?

Bring Keegan back

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I hope it's mourinho lol
As Sir Bobby Robson's protege it would have a touch of sentimentality and I wouldn't be fully opposed?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

No, didn’t you hear, they’re buying Newcastle after all so the Inter deal is off

:bisonyes:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I hope it's Conte, and when he doesn't get the desired results they don't behead him but they do de-wig him in the center circle

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

AVB fits this bill and needs work.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
steve bruce glad there isnt a piece of cheesewire long enough to fit around his throat

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/06/newcastles-man-city-moment-expect-organic-growth-not-statement/

rut-roh
saudis out

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Revising my funniest possible outcome from this being the Fake Sheikh's triumphant return, to Newcastle spending a billion quid on players, finishing fifth, and then getting zapped by FFP because the Saudis don't even have the minimal amount of nous required to get around it with the figleaf shell games other owners use.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I'm rather new to this footy business, so I'll ask a perhaps dumb question.

If you were a rich as gently caress Arab, it would seem more interesting, more challenging, and perhaps less expensive at first, to buy, say, Millwall, or any other English League team, and improve it to the point where got promoted. At least there would be some drama.

Why isn't this route ever taken by the billionaires? Senseless to try to think like a billionaire, I know.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Not sure Millwall would be my first choice, now that I think about it. No. I was lying. Millwall it is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Probably safer to buy a huge club with massive regional support, and Newcastle is way too big for their current state so an easy choice.

E: Like, look at the Man City attendance drama - that would never happen to a club the size of Newcastle

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I don't think club cash flow is that big an issue with billionaires. At that level, the cash value of clubs is a great investment, typically. So you could get your money back and more.

e: gently caress I don't know

the popes toes fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 7, 2021

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
In honor of their new owner, hope the Geordies create a new celebration when they score a goal like the Poznan except instead it's recreating the gimmick gesture for the character Macho Man Randy Savage played in the Spider-man film:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it's all happening folks

https://twitter.com/10LEO7/status/1446010720399896579

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Every Muslim player in the league hears the secret code word and immediately puts in a transfer request

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Lifelong Newcastle supporter. Born and raised in Benwell so didn't have a choice.

My brain can't handle this at the moment. When George Caulkin tweeted its done and just waiting for the announcement I nearly cried. Worried I will burst into tears when it become official.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What is the cans meme

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Poocastle

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sorry guys Newcastle are a Big Club again now so I'm gonna need to see code tag starting XIs, nicknames for all players and links to 9000 word Athletic articles about the goalkeeping coach that I'll never read by the end of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

What is the cans meme

I'll translate to posh rich lad: magnums