Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Metroid "Dread" Has Reached Completion.

Thank you for having me alongside you, Maple Leaf. It was a pleasure as always to co-commentate with you and work on the thread images and thumbnails! Let's hope that future Metroid games are as fun as this one was, and not the farce that was Federation Force or Other M. This game is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Early on it wasn't too obvious, the first time where Adam goes "you don't stand a chance against him" was plausible since it wasn't like you had any useful tools and didn't even get Varia back. The later times it started to be more gratuitous ego stroking.

Surely the X are loose now because of that brilliant certified genius and overall virile lover Raven Beak.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Samus screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" while absorbing all of the energy was the funniest thing. She has two scenes of voice acting, and the second is just her hollering like a lunatic. Especially with the "Samus screaming" "Raven Beak screaming" "Samus screaming some more" [cut to the ship crashing] [cut back] "MORE screaming," it's just a very ridiculous back-and-forth, but it fits Samus so well to just be a screaming lunatic while going full Metroid.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah, also Raven Beak turned into that because that X already ate Kraid off screen, and likely the same X that "burned" up after beating the Experiment.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Looks like when he went gold it was indicating he was invulnerable and you had done enough damage to earn a counter opportunity.

And I am really freaking surprised that the x hadn't already eaten the guy. At that point I was kind of disappointed the coup de Gras wasn't on ravenbeak himself, one super soldier monstrosity to another.

Goddamn I love everything about the design of the metroid suit.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The metroid suit is very cool and appropriately creepy for the concept. It's a little wild that all it takes is Quiet Robe's X to calm Samus down though.

Also this was awesome to watch, thanks for showing it off!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FoolyCharged posted:

Looks like when he went gold it was indicating he was invulnerable and you had done enough damage to earn a counter opportunity.

And I am really freaking surprised that the x hadn't already eaten the guy. At that point I was kind of disappointed the coup de Gras wasn't on ravenbeak himself, one super soldier monstrosity to another.

Goddamn I love everything about the design of the metroid suit.

He appeared to have an X proof suit and was on a ship high in the atmosphere.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MonsterEnvy posted:

He appeared to have an X proof suit and was on a ship high in the atmosphere.

Well yes, but until the big reveal at the end the only bit we'd seen of him was when he wordlessly beat the poo poo out of us at the start. We didn't know where he was or that he'd been gabbing with us since the start, and we did know that he fought the x and won in some unknown manner. It really felt to me like they were going for a twist where raven beak had been dead long before we made planetfall.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Thank you very much for this! I'm poo poo at this kind of game, so it was a real treat to be able to watch you play (and Olive Branch come along for the ride).

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Precambrian posted:

Samus screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" while absorbing all of the energy was the funniest thing. She has two scenes of voice acting, and the second is just her hollering like a lunatic. Especially with the "Samus screaming" "Raven Beak screaming" "Samus screaming some more" [cut to the ship crashing] [cut back] "MORE screaming," it's just a very ridiculous back-and-forth, but it fits Samus so well to just be a screaming lunatic while going full Metroid.

After all of the poo poo that Samus has been through in her life... you gotta blow that steam off somehow

What's also pretty funny is that I'm pretty sure every AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is the same voice clip, just played again.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 15, 2021

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The ease with which you beat Raven Beak is absolutely disgusting. I'm so annoyed I just forgot power bombs existed on that fight.

Also the absolute calm with which you handled the final run as well.

And if you shinespark up the tall shaft near the end you get a cute cutscene as a reward.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
An exemplary game shown off in an exemplary way. Even as someone who has never played a Metroid game and never will, it is incredibly heartening to see it return to form so beautifully. Thank you for showing us this, Maple Leaf, and for your restraint in not just binging such a treasure immediately.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FoolyCharged posted:

Well yes, but until the big reveal at the end the only bit we'd seen of him was when he wordlessly beat the poo poo out of us at the start. We didn't know where he was or that he'd been gabbing with us since the start, and we did know that he fought the x and won in some unknown manner. It really felt to me like they were going for a twist where raven beak had been dead long before we made planetfall.

He did talk to Samus at the start. Said the same "Power is everything" that he did at the end of the fight.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Had a great time watching this LP, thanks for doing it!

I guess the implication is that Samus can just go into (met)roid rage now, it will be interesting to see where they take it.

I laughed at "why are they arresting Kraid?" Imagine Chozo riding up to him: PULL OVER!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Had a great time watching this LP, thanks for doing it!

I guess the implication is that Samus can just go into (met)roid rage now, it will be interesting to see where they take it.

I laughed at "why are they arresting Kraid?" Imagine Chozo riding up to him: PULL OVER!!

Raven beak just flying up to Kraid, modulating his shield between red and blue, Quiet robe hanging onto him making the weeooo weeooo noises. (I just assume nobody likes Kraid and Quiet Beak was all for taking Kraid down for his many crimes against the Chozo as a whole.)