Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Alaois posted:

*gives a real "get a load of this guy" expression to the camera*

get a load of this guy, doesn't know about The Other Josh Allen
As in, the Bills guy is officially the Other Josh Allen now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1457457317331542018

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

I agree Fangio & Shurmur are both trash and need to go after this season regardless of what happens. That last drive of the first half was pathetic, 3 time outs with 1:30 left on the clock and you just play to run out the clock instead of trying to score?! And with 10 min left in game, just happy to run up the middle 3 times and punt on every possession and play a soft prevent on defense... how about rewarding your players for playing out of their minds by letting them try to shutout Dallas, which has never been done at their stadium?

That 2nd quarter drive was definitely questionable clock management, and he had another idiotic challenge. I didn't hate the end of the game though; garbage time is garbage time. If anything I thought McCarthy was an idiot for leaving Dak in the game when he was obviously banged up.

DrunkPanda posted:

Disagree about Teddy. I don't actually know what the Broncos paid for him (maybe nothing?) but it was too much. He is trash. He should have thrown at least 2 picks this game but got extremely lucky that the Cowboys can't catch. And he frequently throws the ball way off target even when under no pressure, he needs to be gone at end of season as well.

Eh, I think he's just average to above average. Average quarterbacks will break your brain if you let them; Bridgewater is far from perfect, but he makes some plays, and I think his stability is good for the development of all these young receivers. I think they'd be 2-7 with Lock. A lot of fans seem to think that'd be a good thing because of draft position, like that's the only way out of mediocrity, but more .500-ish teams have found star QBs than you might think.

DrunkPanda posted:

For the receivers, is it viable to keep both Patrick & Sutton? If we have to let go of a receiver, I would let go of Hamler. He is always injured and when he's not, he's out there dropping easy touchdown passes like it's his job. What's the point of having a "deep threat" if he can't catch the ball?

I'm not completely sold on Hamler but he and Jeudy are still on their rookie deals for two more seasons; Sutton and Patrick are both UFAs this year.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Teddy owns. He's the best we've had since :manning: and I don't want to blind myself when I watch him play like with Siemian, Lynch, Flacco, Keenum, Lock, Osweiler, Driskell, or Rypien. God that list is horrifying.

He's not better than Hinton tho.

Nov 6, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Teddy owns. He's the best we've had since :manning: and I don't want to blind myself when I watch him play like with Siemian, Lynch, Flacco, Keenum, Lock, Osweiler, Driskell, or Rypien. God that list is horrifying.

Good lord, how many of those guys are even still on a roster.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

joe flacco is on the jets. now that's paper.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Lol I forgot Brandon Allen. How long must this go on?!

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

Paxton James Lynch is a gridiron football quarterback for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League.

Bigger accomplishment than Jets backup.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Good lord, how many of those guys are even still on a roster.

Unbelievably, all of them except Osweiler and Lynch are still at worst making GBS threads around on the backup/practice squad fringe. Hell Keenum and Siemian both just started games.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I really enjoy how Hinton has transitioned to "serviceable backup WR" this season. If they run a trick play for him someday and he throws a TD pass, I will hoot and holler.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mac Jones intentionally injured Brian Burns

https://twitter.com/NickCarboniWCNC/status/1457503613895548935

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Patriot Way

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DrunkPanda posted:

I agree Fangio & Shurmur are both trash and need to go after this season regardless of what happens. That last drive of the first half was pathetic, 3 time outs with 1:30 left on the clock and you just play to run out the clock instead of trying to score?! And with 10 min left in game, just happy to run up the middle 3 times and punt on every possession and play a soft prevent on defense... how about rewarding your players for playing out of their minds by letting them try to shutout Dallas, which has never been done at their stadium?

Disagree about Teddy. I don't actually know what the Broncos paid for him (maybe nothing?) but it was too much. He is trash. He should have thrown at least 2 picks this game but got extremely lucky that the Cowboys can't catch. And he frequently throws the ball way off target even when under no pressure, he needs to be gone at end of season as well.

For the receivers, is it viable to keep both Patrick & Sutton? If we have to let go of a receiver, I would let go of Hamler. He is always injured and when he's not, he's out there dropping easy touchdown passes like it's his job. What's the point of having a "deep threat" if he can't catch the ball?

Paton seems promising so far. He's made a few egregious mistakes. Both Darby and Fuller signings were busts. Drafting Surtain instead of Parsons Fields was bad. But this is the first time I can ever remember that the Broncos drafted guys in the 3-7 rounds that made a contribution on the field at all their rookie year

I didn't watch the game so I'm sure this is wrong despite being logical and smart. Broncos to the Super Bowl, baby!!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah a reason to not like the Pats again

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/BostonScott2/status/1457728288105844737?t=Xn3BdsEMERhP0_s543iEpw&s=19

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

finally we can 100% relate to an NFL player

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

DrunkPanda posted:

I thought this drive was worse than you are describing. The Broncos sacked Prescott to set up 3rd and 21 with 2:13 on the clock and 3 timeouts. So the lovely clock management started before they even got the ball.

I think you forgot mentioning failing to challenge when Javonte Williams pretty clearly scored a touchdown.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DrunkPanda posted:

the cowgirls
lol come on you're better than that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

lol come on you're better than that

don't disparage the classics

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is a case of improper use of puns. They should be used in a "comedy way" and not in an actual discussion.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Cowgirls is a dumb insult because actual cowgirls would've played better football than the Dallas Cowboys.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:laffo:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

When did the Patriots hire Kurt Angle as S&C Coach?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Being known as a dirty player seems suboptimal for a QB.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Being known as a dirty player seems suboptimal for a QB.

You're the one guy on the field who is basically immune from retaliation. Seems pretty optimal.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sono posted:

You're the one guy on the field who is basically immune from retaliation. Seems pretty optimal.

I'm sure there will be a few defenders willing to take a 15 yarder to pile drive a QB.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Cavauro posted:

found a Lo

Grats, now make a Fortitude with it. Or Grief.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

latinotwink1997 posted:

Grats, now make a Fortitude with it. Or Grief.

was looking for a fortitude Lo at the time. the grief from before then wasn't a good grief but it's good. give me good items if you have them, for free. Cincinnati Bengals

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Jerry Tillery should've hit Mac harder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who could possibly have imagined the alabama qb who got drafted to the new england patriots would be a piece of poo poo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I refuse to believe a man named McCorkle could have a rotten bone in their body.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Alaois posted:

who could possibly have imagined the alabama qb who got drafted to the new england patriots would be a piece of poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm sure there will be a few defenders willing to take a 15 yarder to pile drive a QB.

But are they willing to take a $1,000 fine? :smug: checkmate athiests

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Myles Garrett is now king nerd

https://twitter.com/johnnystantoniv/status/1457900473848143876

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CaringAmusedGermanpinscher-mobile.mp4

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Did the bear die

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Bears were dumb just like the 2011 Ravens were dumb. After that big completion to get into the Red Zone they could have played for another first down and bled the clock and ensured that they would either score a TD there and win or fail. Instead they went straight for the end zone and gave the Steelers tons of time to work with. And of course what happened? The Steelers marched right down that field and got the field goal and then there wasn't enough time for the Bears to get back into range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chucktesla posted:

Did the bear die

They tranqed it, and I believe it lived, but the Bears definitely died tonight.