Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
RISK: Pick a card, any card! (Or, How I Died In A Tropical Storm In Paris)

Back in the day, we had this cool CD-ROM game called Risk. Its a game about global domination. Some of you may have heard of it, its frustrating and confusing and one of the players always takes Australia and then I think there's something about Madagascar closing its port so the virus doesn't spread there.

There's plenty of options to choose from, but you're a sucker if you pick anything outside CREATE ULTIMATE GAME. Think of it like is you played frisbee with up to 8 people, but you could pretend its loving cool as all hell.

Choosing the best (and only option), ULTIMATE GAME, gives us four maps to choose from. They are ranked below by the "How fun is it to play" rating:

1. Europe
2. Asia
3. North America

There's plenty of options with regards to Game Variations, and this first playthrough will go forward with them. I lost, or can't find, the game manual anywhere (even online!) GOG hasn't decided to select this bomb rear end piece of gaming history for its polishing up and making it easily compatible with modern systems.

-Random Turn Order: More Chaos!
-Card Trading: Increasing Sets is the best way to play, and gets absurd when you start dropping hundreds of troops at any time.
-AI Difficulty: I don't know what this changes, probably the cards they use, or general attack/defense strategy.
-Blind Risk: I think this hides army values. Dumb.
-Battleboxes: NEVER TURN THIS OFF. In fact, if you ever did, just throw your computer in the dumpster right now.
-Rebel Difficulty: Expert only, give the Rebs a fighting chance!
-Timer: I'm playing for goons and I'm slow as hell. Off.

A BATTLEBOX

SCENARIO ONLY. There is only the illusion of choice.

There's no reason to ever pick less than 8 players. Ever.

For the sake of the thread's start, presume we've voted and chosen Europe and Scenario - You then get to choose between a multitude of years. They have nice little intros to give you a rough idea of what is going on in the world and on the map, though expect that things will rapidly devolve as the game plays itself out.

Europe 1973 features the above factions. Thread will choose who we conquer the world as.

Example of play. We are only viewing a small portion of the map of Europe, which actually contains Northern Africa and parts of the Middle East. In this example, I've selected to play as the Spanish Empire. The British play before I do and have chosen to attack Galicia. You will note that there are several inclusions not seen on The Board Game™ such as Generals and Forts. Each Army consists of units (Infantry, Cavalry, Cannon) and may have a General at the head. Generals are necessary for success, as an army cannot be larger than 20 units without one, this limit also being lower in certain locations (IE: Mountains = 10). Generals also have multiple ranks, this doesn't increase their total army size, but does change one very amazing thing... We'll get to it later.

When being attacked, you have several options. You can surrender, you can withdraw, or you can fight. Surrendering may not seem like a great idea, but it can be helpful in preventing certain losses (Exchanging prisoners is a real thing in this game). Withdrawing general works, and conserves the majority (if not all) of your troops. This can backfire on you, greatly, though. You see, withdrawing doesn't let you go over the force limit, and leans towards elimination rather than capture. Fighting is a great option if you think you know what you're doing (Fun Fact: Nobody actually knows how to play this game; I certainly don't since I last played this game 23 years ago). Even if you lose, you may still have surviving troops that will withdraw (See: Withdrawing, above), but if you lose your General during the battle, that could make retreating a very painful loss.

Forts act as a defensive army, providing, essentially, manpower to free up your other troops for more mobile combat. Having such forts on chokepoints (like an island) is an effective way to stop an assault, and even more so if you have multiple provinces to attack it from in the event you lose it (See: Gibraltar).

Both Forts and Generals are available in limited quantities, both because they are powerful and because they are Powerful. Goons should absolutely be lining up to take over and assume generalship of an army. I can't do custom names because this game is almost older than I am, but I will do my best to track your efforts, because you'll also be deciding how to attack, more on that later, again.

Europe

Asia

North America

Provincial Ownership seen in the above maps is not indicative of the scenario we will be playing.

Goons, choose your map! (Europe, Asia, North America)

Vote ends at 9am EST TODAY (24th Dec).

List of Generals

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rc8qy_OLgpfAYukRnm3vRiuMQYmQJqblwDx3B7PSZYo/edit?usp=sharing

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
TACTICS

So you want to know about Tactics, eh? Well, you're in luck, because I've got the low-down on everything you'll face!

Offensive Tactics

A1

Basic, trustworthy. Would anyone expect such a simple, yet underrated move?

A2

You're a weirdo who writes with the wrong hand and this has translated directly to your fighting style.

A3

100% normal, nothing wrong here. Only the best RISK players opt out of this move.

A4

Okay so imagine you're attacking by defending your left flank! This is only marginally weird.

A5

You're defending on the attack while also blocking their lefty move, which only a total weirdo would do. This is the ultimate fake-out move. (Until the next one shows up)

A6 - 1 Star

Imagine pulling off the double fake out by defending both flanks AND attacking!

A7 - 1 Star

Hell yeah, horses. You love horses. You only ever use horses!

A8 - 2 Stars

For those who love attacking in a straight line, but wanted to add some flair to it.

A9 - 2 Stars

Completely envelope your friends (and foes) in a warm hug this holiday season. Versatile, but dangerous!

A10 - 3 Stars

Absolutely banger strategy, works 100% of the time.

A11 - 3 Stars

Perhaps the ultimate fake-out? I find it quite situational.

A12 - 1 Star

The literal 'Ho-Hum" of The Works™ burgers.

A13 - 2 Stars

Exactly the same as the infantry only version, but you like horses. This one has an X, presumably because it won't be good in that territory.

A14 - 3 Stars

Concealed Ambush, but with HORSES!

Defensive Tactics

More Tactics

D1

Rarely seen, rarely used. It can surprisingly be effective. I think it allows a higher chance of evading capture if you lose. :shrug:

D2

Tried and tested, Defensive Position is for those who prefer to simply wait and see what comes to them.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 25, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This game has no FAQs or Walkthroughs so I will claim to be an expert and lie to your face if I don't have the right answer and you ask about something I don't know.

Also serious this game is the best thing ever and only runs the menu in 640x840, and 1028x780 or whatever that resolution is in-game.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 24, 2021

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Voting for Best Korea to recreate the Hwan Empire.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
you mad man. pick europe

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Europe Roster

Asia Roster

North America Roster

Don't worry if we don't play your chosen map the first go around, I'm good for at least two playthroughs, unless COVID consumes me.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I would swear I had this game. Did it get ported over to the Playstation?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I vote for North America, and the final destruction of our foe, Florida.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Land War in Asia as the Qing

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If we go America, I vote we play Woodlands Alliance and retake the continent.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Take North America for the great nation of Mexico

I remember playing this so much as a kid and never, ever having any clue wtf was going on

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Risk II forever!

Or Europe 1812.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Fat Samurai posted:

Land War in Asia as the Qing

Seconding this.

IceMole
Aug 1, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I lost, or can't find, the game manual anywhere (even online!) GOG hasn't decided to select this bomb rear end piece of gaming history for its polishing up and making it easily compatible with modern systems.

I have a physical copy of the manual from the jewel case and a scanner, so I might be able to scan it at some point. It has some useful(ish) information, but is very incomplete.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can't do custom names because this game is almost older than I am, but I will do my best to track your efforts, because you'll also be deciding how to attack, more on that later, again.

It can be done if you're feeling like doing a lot of work...

1. Copy the files from the CD to a folder of your hard drive.
2. Use regedit to point the game at that folder. The key is CDPATH and I found it in this folder: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Hasbro Interactive\RISK - not sure if it will be the same for anyone, but searching for risk should bring it up eventually.
3. From your new CD folder go to ENGLISH\MAPS
4. The text files in that directory are lists of general names. I think different scenarios use different lists, not sure which one uses which. I found the example with a little trial and error.
5. Replace the general you want to replace in the text file. The game seems ok with punctuation and reads up to 62 characters before cutting off.

Anyway, voting: I agree that Europe really is the most fun and balanced map so one for Austria.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I had this game, and am quite upset I no longer have it. I don't think it's legitimately available online, and I don't even think Hasbro even acknowledges its existence.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I choose you, North America / Venezuela

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

IceMole posted:

I have a physical copy of the manual from the jewel case and a scanner, so I might be able to scan it at some point. It has some useful(ish) information, but is very incomplete.

I will buy you a thing if you did this.

Also Risk is, as far as I am aware, Abandonware. There are ways to get it, and it only has one patch... which I forget if I have applied to it my game...

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would swear I had this game. Did it get ported over to the Playstation?

It did! However, it was essentially an entirely different game from what I've seen in screenshots. It doesn't look like scenarios exist in that version, and the number of players seems to be 4 tops.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Slaan posted:

I remember playing this so much as a kid and never, ever having any clue wtf was going on

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that I only wish I was a smart enough coder to dig through and datamine. Lots of the combat has hidden values and "secret" attributes, and hopefully I'll be able to explore enough through this LP that gamefaqs itself just links directly to this thread

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ohh, never heard of this version of RISK but it seems incredibly neat. Voting for Europe as that looks like a nice little cluster of fun to get things started with.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

UED Special Ops posted:

Ohh, never heard of this version of RISK but it seems incredibly neat. Voting for Europe as that looks like a nice little cluster of fun to get things started with.

The deciding vote, everyone!

Only one person mentioned a country for Europe, so we're going with Austria.

CHOOSE YOUR START DATE

First to vote decides.

Don't worry though, I will need Generals. Please assign the following traits to your General.

-How Aggressive are you? (Attack even on a Disadvantage / Attack at parity or better / Only attack with superior forces)

-Offensive Tactic Of Choice (OTOC) Pick a number from 1 to 5 (Or gently caress Numbers I Trust The Heart Of The Cards - FNITTHOTC)

-Defensive Tactic Of Choice (DTOC) Pick a number from 1 to 5 (Or gently caress Numbers I Trust The Heart Of The Cards - FNITTHOTC)

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 24, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

1812 Grande armee or bust

General:

Parity or better

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Start Date - 1798, Napoleon's had some time to build up, but hasn't crushed the Austrians yet.

OTOC - 2, be daring but not suicidal.

DTOC - 5, on the other hand if you're forced into a defensive position anyway, be as cautious as you can.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Slaan posted:

1812 Grande armee or bust

General:

Parity or better

I saw there was an 1812 earlier but thank you, this reinforces the choice.

I had to restart once already. :blush:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Attack even on disadvantage

Men, the strategy is simple. You run straight into their guns and show them the fearless might of the Austrian Empire. Some of you will die but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. Charge!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Pre-Alpha 500+ Million Dollar Crowdfunded Demo

So how does RISK play out in 1996 when playing ULTIMATE GAME?

Here we have the north-eastern portion of the map. Players can create alliances, and MUST obey them until the timer runs out. The alliance timers are 1, 2, or 3 turns. I don't know what logic the AI applies when it agrees to or declines such offers.

In an alternate universe, we were attacked by the Russian Empire :argh: Those bastards are taking advantage of an obvious weakpoint in our defenses.

Choosing caution, I attempt to evacuate and lose 4 battalions. Depending on your choice of tactic, a loss could've suffered fewer, or more, casualties. Weigh your options carefully!

Should you have no further attacks to make, you can then Free Move units from one province to the next. You can Free Move a stack multiple times, but the limit on how many units can move is lowered per province. This is also a handy way of shuffling Generals around.

BATTLEBOXES whenever you aren't speeding up the game, or for your own combats, you get sick battle boxes. Here we see the French :argh: fighting the Spanish :argh: with the Level 2 General (Marshal Jourdan) choosing an Attack in Echelon. The defenders have no real options, and pick defending their left flank.

Pew pew pew! Little men fall on the battlefield, and for some drat reason the game is predicting a Spanish win? No way.

I don't want to say damage is random, but I will say that RISK comes at you hard and fast. 1 dead here is very different from...

This other combat, with a wiggly man falling over. The Spanish use the Fighting Withdrawal, which turned out really well for them.

:eyepop: Parity on a 3-2 advantage for the French, sure!

Elsewhere, the exact same defense, against arguably a worse choice (Cavalry Assault) attack sees a wildly different result.

:argh:

At the end of a turn, random events happen. These are generally bad and suck. Your general catches a cold and dies, and your 60 army stack immediately drops to 10. Oh, you think you're getting those soldiers back?! :sad: PATHETIC!

Oh and Rebels are very much a thing, capable of attacking, reinforcing, etc. I forget if they auto-generate Generals randomly or if its part of the reinforcement stuff...

We should expect this for a little while.

Reinforcing is simple... ish. We can use them to repair Forts currently on the map, build new forts, hire a new general, or simply reinforce armies. There is no limits, apart from total reinforcements remaining, buy pool being empty, or all forts being at max values. (Note: The 40-strong fort, that's my capital! Don't lose it!) Reinforcing with specific units (Soldier, Cavalry, Cannon) is important for certain tactics, as far as I can tell.

NOT CANON! It wasn't even a bad tactic or poor attack. Risk will chew you up and spit you out.

Taking over 1 territory/province will net you a card at the end of your turn. You cannot receive more than 1 card by regular territorial capture.

On the left is what the Russians captured from us, on the right is what we captured from them. Its also useful to let us know we're going to get some 17 troops back already.

Sometimes random deaths work in your favor. Too bad this was before the restart.

Please keep in mind that new tactics will become available as I progress, and will try to play about 3 turns per update. You may die (often), but everyone will get cycled through. Once I've got a pair of updates out, Generals will want to let me know their SIGNATURE TECHNIQUE that will override their Offensive/Defensive choice if they survive long enough to use it for when they re-level up to the appropriate Star Power Level.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Those bloody Brits are in every map! :argh:

Attack even at a disadvantage
FNITTHOTC
FNITTHOTC

Let chaos reign!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Update 1: Oh god gently caress poo poo drat ahhhh!

Pretend that cool stuff happened in the prior turn and my capture process didn't crap out because the menu and game use two different resolutions and it absolutely messes with your software!

Just an example of how "This Shouldn't Work" just works. You have to will it into existence. Also, I'm not sure why they didn't get a BattleBox™. I think it might be because it is so one-sided, or because they are rebels. I forget if they have a colour palette to use in the animations.

WHY?! (This is later inconsequential)

Oh, sure, yes please. The Russians have... a lot of guys. (Look at those 70s and 40 on the left!) And this should calm my fears of my right flank being mulched. There's also a ton of French just off-screen to worry about.

The French attack into Serbia, the Rebels are no match :(

You can only form one alliance per turn. Don't waste it on a test...

Trying to see if I can cheese my way to an easy territory capture (note the star level of the various options here)

It didn't work (they lose 1 guy to my 3).

Archduke Charles (Slaan) attacks into Bavaria when our alliance with France ends. This is kinda-sorta a make-or-break moment of this run.

I say that because, well, see all those super weak territories? The AI, in general, does not protect its rear provinces. Technically this goes for everyone, but the reason why this is important is because getting reinforcement bonuses relies on having an entire country under your control, like in the board game. Being a nuisance here not only scores us card(s), but reduces the overall total amount of men France gets to then stop us. This is a double-edged sword however, as I've depleted my core strength by 46 units...

Oh and I'm retreating because I can't defend against the 20-strong French army here.

Or here...

OH MY, I'M ABOUT TO WATCH A MURDER! :orc101:

...what!?

Attacking into Brussels, the French pick the worst option and get demolished.

Strong foothold in mainland Europe, Britain may well help me out here.

Both Britain and I, capturing single French territories, probably decreased French reinforcements by 16-24.

Turn 4 - or something Look nobody actually tracks this so if I forget its whatever.

Britain continue their reign of terror in France.

42 to 1 is kinda obvious, sadly the British take no losses against what would've been a good defense.

HA HA HA HA No.

:yeshaha:

Rolling up some French territories as well.

Ho-hum. (You get bonuses if you claim the card while you own the province show.)

End of turn whatever.

:laffo: 28 to 1, lost against the most basic defense, best General killed.

And this is how Rebels are generated. I don't care to leave more than the minimum in territory captured in France or elsewhere because, realistically, these rebels are going to help me destroy the French countryside... so long as they don't attack me.

Slaan, shall we attack West into France or South in Italy?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
More Tactics

A6 - 1 Star

Imagine pulling off the double fake out by defending both flanks AND attacking!

A7 - 1 Star

Hell yeah, horses. You love horses. You only ever use horses!

A8 - 2 Stars

For those who love attacking in a straight line, but wanted to add some flair to it.

A9 - 2 Stars

Completely envelope your friends (and foes) in a warm hug this holiday season. Versatile, but dangerous!

A10 - 3 Stars

Absolutely banger strategy, works 100% of the time.

A11 - 3 Stars

Perhaps the ultimate fake-out? I find it quite situational.

A12 - 1 Star

The literal 'Ho-Hum" of The Works™ burgers.

A13 - 2 Stars

Exactly the same as the infantry only version, but you like horses. This one has an X, presumably because it won't be good in that territory.

A14 - 3 Stars

Concealed Ambush, but with HORSES!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also there's only a few tactics that haven't yet been seen, mostly defensive ones, so Slaan, Jossar, FoolyCharged, and Rocket Baby Dolls, if you'd like to submit a specialty, please let me know. Same goes for anyone else who wants to put their name in the General Bin.

(Jossar, you've taken over General Schwarzenber on the Russian Front, poised to strike them, the French, or the Ottomans at a moments notice!)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Guerre en Paris!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Fieldmarshal Lieutenant, if I wanted your input I would have asked for it! We run straight at the enemy! Is that such a difficult order? If the enemy is particularly entrenched we bring in the calvary and use tactic A-12 to run straight at them even harder. The French are cowards to the man and our displays of bravery will send them fleeing in terror!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Surely nothing can go wrong with making the linchpin of my strategy revolve around a surprise attack with horses in the middle of the Russian Winter! A-14!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
A-1. If we don't win the battle it's because my men are weak. I would like my General to be modelled after General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett but he's a century too late and entirely fictional.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Update 2 - Yo, Russia, why don't you DO something?

Oooooh, ominous! Did I ever mention that storms block sea routes and so an island nation could be saved thanks to random chance?

I need to stop doing dumb alliances. Not that it really matters.

Oh, right, trading cards. Increasing sets, turn 6 or whatever annnnnnnd....

42 units, not bad, not bad. Some reinforcements to Slovenia, a new General in Vienna [FoolyCharged], and reinforcements for Archduke Charles.

Attacking into Croatia goes swimmingly. The French are getting rowdy.

The Archduke attacks into France, but the French simply run away, and I don't get a 2nd attack this turn. :argh:

Oh. We're still allied. Time to attack... THE TURKS!

:austria: Oh.

Oh yeah the cool animations. This game rules so hard.

Yuck, all that blue.

The Brits try to help, they chose poorly. (9 dead for 2 dead)

no, no, No, NO, NO!

The AI sucks :( Fight the big guy!

Evacuating from gained territories, the two army units make it to the Archduke unscathed.

Tense stuff, I'm hoping Bonaparte dies. Just because.

AI is tempting fate.

:yeshaha: They recapture vital territory in the low countries, but fun to see the King fall.

NEVER!

The Ottomans attack some Rebels.

Damnit.

This is going to be a bitch and a half to take down.

Absolutely DUMPSTERED

The French are mad so attack some new forts I erected, 10 dead is good enough, I suppose.

Getting them off my back.

Attacking Champagne, the Archduke delivers with another victory.

Oh? Another attack pour moi?

All hail ATTACK RIGHT FLANK!

This is one way of getting a bonus risk card. The other is eliminating an enemy entirely. The difference is that a Capital province is 1 card, but eliminating someone is ALL their cards.

FoolyCharged charges fool..y?

State of the board for now... You can only have a maximum of 4 cards before the game starts forcing you to claim sets. You can't wait for your enemies to trade in cards just to dunk on them later with thousands of soldiers.

:wow: 38 reinforcements next turn!

Down, but not out!

Look at those beautiful 1996 graphics! :swoon:

Good! You deserve it!

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

Jobbo Fett posted:

This game has no FAQs or Walkthroughs so I will claim to be an expert and lie to your face if I don't have the right answer and you ask about something I don't know.

This kind of straightforward snark is why I regularly follow Jobbo Fett LPs. If he is cut, does he not .... oh nvm.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

You see, the attack was all part of my cunning plan to get the Ottomans to ally with us!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jossar posted:

You see, the attack was all part of my cunning plan to get the Ottomans to ally with us!

They now know fear.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pffft who needs strategy when you can drive in a suicidal charge straight at the enemy capital :smug:

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Oh man I played so much of this game when I was a kid. So many good memories. If I recall correctly, anytime the AI proposes you an alliance, you can renegotiate to any number of turns you want and they'll always accept.
I always just picked random cards on attack because it never seemed to matter much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChocolatePancake posted:

Oh man I played so much of this game when I was a kid. So many good memories. If I recall correctly, anytime the AI proposes you an alliance, you can renegotiate to any number of turns you want and they'll always accept.
I always just picked random cards on attack because it never seemed to matter much.

BLASPHEMY!