Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Knowledge Fight is two dudes, Dan and Jordan, talking about Alex Jones and his racist, idiotic grifting. Dan knows too much about Alex Jones and Jordan doesn't know anything about Alex Jones. Sometimes, there are Space Raptors.

From the official website:

quote:

Our podcast is nearly impossible to sell to you. We primarily talk a bunch about how Alex Jones is an idiot and intentionally misleads his listeners for fun and profit, but that's not the whole story. We also branch off into the nature of conservative propaganda and the art of the con, breaking down scam artists from the worlds of politics, religion, and of course, outer space. It sounds more complicated than it is; really it's just a show about one friend researching things and telling another friend about the depressing and hilarious things he learned.

About Dan:

quote:

Dan is a podcaster and comedian who is taking a break from comedy, working out of Chicago.

Dan has a cross-eye, and has been fascinated by conspiracy theories for years, lurking on blogs and message boards to get a sense of what the "researchers" believe. He never really believed any of that stuff though, mostly thanks to his extensive training in formal logic. Now he is trying to use his knowledge of conspiracy and logic to build a robust Knowledge Fight.

About Jordan:

quote:

Jordan is currently a stand-up comedian working out of Chicago. He has no prior experience with Alex Jones' brand of conspiracy theories, but is uniquely qualified to fight it. Jordan's birth was prophesied by the leader of the cult his parents were in (editor's note: this is factually accurate), little did they know his destiny was to fight against cults, not for them.

KnowledgeFight.com

Episode Archives

Suggested starting episode

NYTimes interview with Dan and Jordan

Project Camelot Saga playlist if you can't stomach Alex Jones, these are funny Wacky Wednesday episodes where Dan and Jordan talk about space weirdos who believe in Raptors and Reptoids.

Community Favorites.
#82: Oct. 27-Nov. 9, 2015 Alex fucks around and unwittingly admits to getting flipped by Russian intelligence.
#168 Alex vs Bill Ayers. Alex is a real dumb-dumb and invites a college professor who used to be a left wing terrorist to take a big poo poo in his bed, rhetorically speaking. Good for those who can only listen to Alex when he is being humiliated.
#274: Ask Alex Anything. Alex's alcoholism on full display. With special guest Robert Evans.
#565: June 10, 2021 First Mike Lindell interview

These are the deposition episodes. If you can't stand Alex Jones, here is your chance to listen to him rhetorically ground into paste by Mark Bankston, counsel for the Sandy Hook parents.
#279: Formulaic Objections
#378: Formulaic Objections Part 2
#401: Formulaic Objections Part 3
#602: Sandy Hook Response
#618: November 15, 2021
#641: Formulaic Objections Part 4
#664: Formulaic Objections Part 5
#665: Formulaic Objections Part 6

#773 Dan responds to SPLC article series about AJ’s texts

Don’t feel afraid to jump to the last post and ask questions.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Did this ever get fun again?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It never stopped being fun, for me. When did it stop being fun for you?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
YES! I nearly made a thread today and thankfully someone did it for me!

I was introduced to the podcast via BtB and their Alex Jones episodes, and I really dig it! I’ve always had an intense distaste for Jones for a solid decade now, and having Dan and Jordan articulate much better than I can as to why, is real nice.

InfoWars stickers are always kinda littered everywhere on Long Island so as a teen, I looked it up and was introduced to unbridled insanity. In a way I’m grateful for that introducing me to conspiracy skepticism during a time I became much more politically aware and active.

I also really love KF as they also spotlight Jones’ narcissistic behavior and personality. As someone who has dealt with someone who most likely has NPD personally, having more people exposed to it helps those who have been affected by said person. While obviously I cannot say for sure if Jones has NPD, there are so many behaviors that are basically palette swaps of what I’ve been through.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I always worry about Dan having to listen to so much Alex Jones; there are just episodes where I am exhausted from hearing some of the poo poo Alex says, and that's from a curated version of what the episodes are actually like.

I've definitely built up a tolerance to some of the toxicity Alex produces, but it can still be a lot at times

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

teen witch posted:

YES! I nearly made a thread today and thankfully someone did it for me!

Finally, I am someone!

One of the reasons I that enjoy KF so much is that they discuss not only Alex's narcissism, but his debilitating substance abuse and possible schizophrenia/paranoia. I don't know why main stream news pundits on make fun of his weird gaffes and not the fact he believes the 'globalists' are actual vampires controlled by an 'interdimensional, off world demonic intelligence'. He straight up believes in the real Christian devil (that is also an interdimensional being) that controls everyone that votes Democrat.

I don't get enough Soros bucks to put up with that kind of abuse.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Also, Dan and Jordan guested on the the QAnon Anonymous Podcast to talk about the Secret Space Program conspiracy theories. LINK.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm still dying to know what Reset Wars is

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

I always worry about Dan having to listen to so much Alex Jones; there are just episodes where I am exhausted from hearing some of the poo poo Alex says, and that's from a curated version of what the episodes are actually like.

I've definitely built up a tolerance to some of the toxicity Alex produces, but it can still be a lot at times

I guess that's what happened to me. I just got so tired of all the bullshit. It never stops. It never ever stops.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Roger using MLK day to brag about how swell a guy Nixon was is the most Roger thing I can think of

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So, uh, today's episode is over 4 hours(!) long, and covers Alex's Sandy Hook deposition

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Holy poo poo, Dan was at the loving deposition? The podcast is actively working with legal counsel to take Alex Jones down?

I don't know why but this is blowing my mind today.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jordan’s distanced laugh howl is my essence.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Shocking no one, Alex still doesn't know why he's being sued

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

teen witch posted:

I know that he's just putting the mic away from his face and leaning back to yell, but I like to imagine Jordan runs across Dan's bed room/podcast studio to do it. And then Dan just says. "Perhaps".

I hate to suggest a 4 hour episode as anybody's intro to the podcast, but if you hate Alex Jones and want to hear him get intellectually dunked on for over two hours by the attorney for the Sandy Hook parents, this is the one to listen to.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I think it's crazy how his tone completely shifts whenever he goes into one of his word salad tirades. Like there's a switch being flipped from relatively normal to raving lunatic.

I consume this podcast as surreal entertainment, since it's so far removed from where I live and from the society I live in. It's scary to imagine that this persona is actually real with real listeners who listen to him and nod in agreement.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Lol, the increasingly frequent depressed sighs from Jones.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Finally a thread for my favourite boys if you want to perceive Dan and Jordan visually there are a bunch of early episode that they recorded on there youtube page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGjv_RKkJZ74r-EJqWfLqA

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Deptfordx posted:

Lol, the increasingly frequent depressed sighs from Jones.

I just envisioned him just sliding down in his chair and covering his face. They were just so audible and he must have been screaming internally at the last one.

Marsupial Ape posted:

I know that he's just putting the mic away from his face and leaning back to yell, but I like to imagine Jordan runs across Dan's bed room/podcast studio to do it. And then Dan just says. "Perhaps".

I hate to suggest a 4 hour episode as anybody's intro to the podcast, but if you hate Alex Jones and want to hear him get intellectually dunked on for over two hours by the attorney for the Sandy Hook parents, this is the one to listen to.

Just the entire deposition miniseries is some of the most brilliant stuff that I've heard because that's what happens when Alex Jones can't Alex Jones his way out of an argument.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 28, 2022

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
I've been listening this podcast on and off since the Alex Jones BtB episode. One thing that I have been wondering is that how aware the Alex and Infowars team are about them?

Like has infowars ever covered them or something? The clips in the intro mix make me wonder. Would Alex have recognized Dan during the deposition?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

teen witch posted:

Hey thanks for highlighting this thread in the Q thread :wave:

Have a nice weekend you wonks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAAhzreGWw

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 28, 2022

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

There are points in that deposition where Alex sounds like such a petulant, sulking child.

I know the show format isn't for everyone, but god, KF clicks with me so hard. The combo of Dan's intense research and the care/caution he takes in being clear about which aspects he's criticizing, together with Jordan screaming and barking and getting extremely pissed... it's like they're expressing the rational and emotional parts of my brain for me. I've tried listening to other abyss-gazing shows with a similar premise and they just don't hit the same way.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Daria’s deposition was far more chilling than Alex’s as Alex we all kind of have a baseline of lunacy that we expect, even in a formal setting like this.

Daria seems so hellbent on mind games to justify truly abhorrent behavior professionally and personally. We all know that what she is saying and doing is terrible, but the audacity of trying to posit that she is the normal and positive one is what disgusts me. She is a good example of the banality of evil.

Alex’s flamboyancy with his beliefs and behaviors clear red flags to most that “ok this guy is a kook, engage appropriately.” Daria appears as any ordinary person in any ordinary job, and her moral disengagement is cooly automatic and far more disquieting. There are only so many Alexs on the world but far more Darias than we know of.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Daria absolutely strikes me as the type to volunteer to work at a concentration camp.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Froghammer posted:

I'm still dying to know what Reset Wars is

The most important work of Alex's life.

Hraathgar posted:

I've been listening this podcast on and off since the Alex Jones BtB episode. One thing that I have been wondering is that how aware the Alex and Infowars team are about them?

Like has infowars ever covered them or something? The clips in the intro mix make me wonder. Would Alex have recognized Dan during the deposition?

One of the Not-Alexes (Harrison?) talked on-air about the New York Times article about Knowledge Fight. Alex has never said anything directly, though at one point he complained about people accusing him of killing someone and Dan couldn't figure out where that could be coming from other than KF.

My read is Alex is generally aware of KF existing but recognizing Dan might be a stretch. It's just one more globalist attack among many and who can keep all that straight?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I have generally not been up for knowledge fight myself: is it's listening to Alex Jones' show I would rather not. Make fun of the crazy things he's saying all you want but it's still his circus and he's still the ringmaster at Infowars.

Whoa this deposition is something different. I only listened to the first bit, but this is fire. I sort of imagined that he'd be more guarded under oath, lean really hard on "You know I'm really just an entertainer, I get on the air and I let loose, no one should really be taking seriously what I'm saying. How much blame can I reasonably have here?"

Nope. Under even the slightest pressure he defaults back to "Well I'm only here because Hillary
Clinton sent the CIA to..."

And then there's the "kid failing his book report in front of the class" parts. This feels really good to listen to after all the crap he's pulled on all these sandy hook families.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I didn't know whether Daria was just responding with bad faith cynicism. She sounded like she was a child. She might also be just not quite there?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

My read is Alex is generally aware of KF existing but recognizing Dan might be a stretch. It's just one more globalist attack among many and who can keep all that straight?

That's also my guess at this point, especially after hearing the deposition tapes. When someone criticizes him, regardless of context he doesn't see actual people, he sees chess pieces moved in front of him by the hand of The Devil

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's also my guess at this point, especially after hearing the deposition tapes. When someone criticizes him, regardless of context he doesn't see actual people, he sees chess pieces moved in front of him by the hand of The Devil

Part of me wants to think he knows exactly who Dan is and that him being there to help shows how deeply in poo poo he is, but I can't imagine Alex has that kind of self-awareness or connection to reality.

I remember pre-KF when I thought he was just a grifter. Now I think he 100% is a grifter but is also quite insane and the grift is almost like an automatic thing he's doing.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

My read is that he is the grift. He has become one with it. He can't not launch into his insane word salad tirades even when his audience is nowhere to be found.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

twerking on the railroad posted:

I have generally not been up for knowledge fight myself: is it's listening to Alex Jones' show I would rather not. Make fun of the crazy things he's saying all you want but it's still his circus and he's still the ringmaster at Infowars.

You’re missing out if you think KF is just pointing and laughing at Alex Jones being a dum-dum. The level of commentary you’re hearing from Dan on the deposition is the same quality he brings to each episode. Every episode is a well researched slaughter of Jones’ lies and propaganda.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the deposition episode, though. If you scroll back through the episodes, there’s at least 3 more and one with a Mark Bankston as a guest.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

My read is that he is the grift. He has become one with it. He can't not launch into his insane word salad tirades even when his audience is nowhere to be found.

Jones has monetized his own schizophrenia and paranoia. Maintaining the grift is also maintaining his own personal reality.

Also, I’m really glad this thread is getting some discussion. Feel free to suggest new Alex Jones quotes to put in the title.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I apologize. I'm not mad at the thread.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

:golfclap:

When my partner wanted to give listening to an episode about Alex Jones a try, I went with 281 because I feel like it's really key in understanding his whole deal. And the absolute funniest part was that my partner, hearing about some of Alex Jones' beliefs and without knowing where the episode was going, went, "Wait, why does this sound exactly like Childhood's End? This is Childhood's End. I'm not crazy, right? Did you ever read that? This is a sci-fi novel." :allears:

Jones really doesn't seem to understand the difference between fiction and reality, between constructing a satisfying narrative and figuring something out. He seems to think that 'investigating in my brain' is a thing that other people do. It absolutely fascinates me whenever I note another thing that can be traced back to, fundamentally, not understanding what imagination really is. I think about the way I feel when I'm writing something and manage to figure out a plot point, and how it seems to map to how Jones reacts when he 'figures out' what the globalists are up to. I've seen it in a lot of weird internet conspiracy circles, particularly people who think 'shifting' is a thing (tl;dr they think they're not daydreaming and are instead actually shifting into alternate dimensions using brain magic). There is a bizarre attitude that imagining is something that a person must actively choose to do, that you think to yourself, "I will imagine a zebra" and then you mentally assemble a zebra. Rather than recognize that this is not how even their own brains work, when they imagine something without conscious choice, they treat it as something they 'realized', a 'download', a 'vision'. You also see it in the way these same people tend to treat anyone who writes hosed-up/horror fiction.

I'm getting up my own rear end with this, I just think it's funny how compatible Alex Jones' worldview is with TikTok kids who think they're guilty of murder because they accidentally imagined too hard.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

A few episodes ago his conspiracy was finding people with compatible DNA to accept the machines which is literally the plotline of the Deus Ex series. I love when I recognize what he's recycling.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
The Project Camelot space weirdos are just as bad, if not worse. They openly reference movies when explaining the secret space program.

Also, it should be noted that Jones believes in ‘predictive programming’, ‘soft disclosure’, and ‘lesser magic’. Basically, he believes that the Globalists are telling us exactly what they are doing and their intentions through popular media and thus not only indoctrinate the masses, but gain their implicit consent.

Movies are the white papers, guys.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

"Researching in my mind" may be my favorite Alex phrase. Incredible.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I concur with the posters who're saying that Jones sounds like he can't distinguish between fiction and reality anymore. To constantly shift between conflicting narratives and talk about one reality while living in another will wear down any mind, especially if it's also saddled with stress and drugs. I doubt that he himself understand what concepts such as truth, lies, research, and so on mean.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

As long as we remember that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Marsupial Ape posted:

The Project Camelot space weirdos are just as bad, if not worse. They openly reference movies when explaining the secret space program.

Also, it should be noted that Jones believes in ‘predictive programming’, ‘soft disclosure’, and ‘lesser magic’. Basically, he believes that the Globalists are telling us exactly what they are doing and their intentions through popular media and thus not only indoctrinate the masses, but gain their implicit consent.

Movies are the white papers, guys.

Jones thinks that, in order to do their black magic, the Globalist's have to broadcast what they are going to do so that it happens with no problems.