Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1536895718966939648?s=21

Guess they didn’t want to wait on Link just to scrap w FSU for his services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ugh that's an unfortunately great hire

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

elentar posted:

ugh that's an unfortunately great hire

Seems like it now that Link was off the table via FSU. Bakich is a Jack Leggatte guy and while Jack was great for a long time at Clemson the end wasn't and Jack has said some things since then that make him appear bitter. I guess we'll see if that baggage is relevant. Maybe this can bring him back in the fold. Seems like Clemson folk widely believe this is about as good as it gets. Pretty good start for an AD six months on the job.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Boomer

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oklahoma is starting out strong with 4 runs so far at the top of the 2nd.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

3 run Homer boomer!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Phone posting so pretend I posted francione77-0.jpeg here

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
jesus christ okies

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sooner

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Grand slam. Oklahoma might be pretty dang good at diamond sports.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Not a good day for the pitching to suck

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Notre Dame kicking it off with a bomb just leaking out into the bullpen. I enjoyed the gently caress out of the box because he thought it was a fly out haha.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
This announcer is either garbo or trolling everyone - notes so far, without context:

“I don’t like balls up around the lip”

“We don’t need the helmet tap at home plate”

“Hits pants are mid shin” they were high ankle AT BEST

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

ND third baseman earned his stripes.

Also whatever jet stream is shooting over the RF wall.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Pigs having a ball today, woo hoo!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Arky kicking that wooden tree rear end.

Also, making the Jell-O shot board a runaway

https://twitter.com/sickoscommittee/status/1538240565812273152?s=21&t=kYpb4rjGqbmwOTb6647ijA

Texas ain’t SEC they’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

Pigs having a ball today, woo hoo!

That got out of hand lol but I'll take it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Arky kicking that wooden tree rear end.

Also, making the Jell-O shot board a runaway

https://twitter.com/sickoscommittee/status/1538240565812273152?s=21&t=kYpb4rjGqbmwOTb6647ijA

Texas ain’t SEC they’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

They’ve spent 6 and a half thousand dollars on Jell-O shots. Whoever runs that bar is a genius.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Chased out Texas's starter after 1 2/3, gig 'em

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I enjoy free runs for my team

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Gig em

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Hispanic Titanic is a terrible nickname

Do they know what happened to the Titanic?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Vollie Fingers is a better nickname in my completely unbiased opinion

Or the Volunteer Fireman

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Gigged

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I didn't want to say this before the game because it would've been preemptive cope, but making the CWS alone was a massive accomplishment with a first year coach and a team that finished at the bottom of the west last season. Winning a single game is huge, no matter the opponent

Sorry Texas bros but you'll be back

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pretty wild that this is the team that broke the Omaha streak.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hey y’all

gently caress Notre Dame

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/boardgeniuses/status/1538659301975375872?s=21&t=_Y6cN5SR2-lsUroVF-Bufw

lol between this and the jello shot board, Texas has such loser mentality. I hope it stings that they’ll be eating pulled pork sandwiches in the stands.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

TipTow posted:

Hey y’all

gently caress Notre Dame

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Very weird play to end the inning there. Runner on first tries to go to third on a single but the right fielder guns him down. But the ball comes out when the tag is applied. The runner thinks he’s out so he doesn’t go to the base and the third base coach can’t tell him to get on the bag because he got nailed in the nuts by the loose ball. Third baseman picks up the ball and tags him out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Very weird play to end the inning there. Runner on first tries to go to third on a single but the right fielder guns him down. But the ball comes out when the tag is applied. The runner thinks he’s out so he doesn’t go to the base and the third base coach can’t tell him to get on the bag because he got nailed in the nuts by the loose ball. Third baseman picks up the ball and tags him out.

I loved every step of this play.

Also why send him? He was thrown out by ten feet lol

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

That was a great bunt.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TipTow posted:

Hey y’all

gently caress Notre Dame

:hmmyes:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/boardgeniuses/status/1538659301975375872?s=21&t=_Y6cN5SR2-lsUroVF-Bufw

lol between this and the jello shot board, Texas has such loser mentality. I hope it stings that they’ll be eating pulled pork sandwiches in the stands.

God I can't wait til they're actually in the SEC

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

I can’t wait for them to complain to the SEC about horns down and Sankey to just laugh at them

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

pure magic https://twitter.com/stibbs/status/1538695248980983809?s=21&t=XxGDhTRQeRBhKg4KcNykKA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

They’re too fragile for this place. I can’t wait.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

I can’t wait for them to complain to the SEC about horns down and Sankey to just laugh at them

This has always just baffled me. I'm sure you probably could go find some A&M fan going nutso over someone doing a thumbs down but at least from anyone I knew the response was something like "yeah that makes sense as a way to get at us, we should try winning." Some Texas fans act like you poo poo on their lawn over a stupid hand sign.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I probably wouldn’t throw stones from glass houses when it comes to fan fragility, but yes Texas fans are extremely cringe and fail. (though not most of the ones who post here, save for a notable exception)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm just talking about the hand signal. I went to A&M I know how fragile we can be