Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS MAX 0 0%
LETHAL VS MOX 8 6.35%
GUNNS VS FTX 5 3.97%
BRYAN VS YUTA 92 73.02%
THE VS TONI 2 1.59%
DARBY VS EL IDOLO 19 15.08%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

AEW is just da best love da aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

crazy that YUTA technically isn't "all elite" so I kind of want him to get the graphic after he wins Pure

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What are Pure rules? Like submissions only or something?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

quote:

Matches for the ROH Pure Championship are conducted under "Pure Wrestling Rules". The three Pure Wrestling Rules are:
  • Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
  • There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a Pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist would get a warning, and the second would cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he would be disqualified.
  • A wrestler is subject to a 20 count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.
Unlike other championships, the ROH Pure Championship could change hands on a disqualification or countout.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Seams posted:

You get a limited number of rope breaks and title changes can happen on DQ and Countout.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I’ve got something for you to buy, right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_u3Z4E9pY

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I love that Andrade is a monster now. This was the match he needed to really take him to the next level.

Also glad for Toni Storm's signing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

efb on the rules, but you can do fun stuff with exhausting rope breaks. There was a Gresham match recently where he won with a rope-assisted figure four after both dudes were out of breaks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
thanks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

very good episode of dynamite. that's all.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

efb on the rules, but you can do fun stuff with exhausting rope breaks. There was a Gresham match recently where he won with a rope-assisted figure four after both dudes were out of breaks

That's loving cool as poo poo

Love that

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Toni Storm looked taller compared to the bunny than I figured she'd be

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
So happy to see Toni Storm in AEW and her theme song is absolutely great, like if Heart asked Brendon "Metalocalypse" Small to join them on guitar for a song :rock:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i might have the wrestlers involved wrong but one of my favorite roh pure title finishes was when john walters and jimmy rave were both out of rope breaks so walters puts rave upside down in the corner and tries to submit him from outside the ring, leading to a race of jimmy rave trying to hang on for the 20 count to win the title by count out but ultimately tapping out at 18.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn I loved that Moxley/Lethal match. Shame it came at the cost of Moxley's fertility, but that's the price you pay for great wrassling.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i might have the wrestlers involved wrong but one of my favorite roh pure title finishes was when john walters and jimmy rave were both out of rope breaks so walters puts rave upside down in the corner and tries to submit him from outside the ring, leading to a race of jimmy rave trying to hang on for the 20 count to win the title by count out but ultimately tapping out at 18.

Holy moly that's cool. I might have to check out some Pure rules matches.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn I loved that Moxley/Lethal match. Shame it came at the cost of Moxley's fertility, but that's the price you pay for great wrassling.

i thought it was one of jays best matches in a really long time. no bad matches or segments tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I miss Kenny goodnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOLiZ6qAWPk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xbilkis posted:

Nigel McGuinness v Austin Aries at Cage of Death was an awesome pure match and was the run that made Nigel into Nigel. Before that gently caress he sucked.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I’m so excited for babyface Kenny

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

xbilkis posted:

If we don't get Toni/Jamie in the Owen Cup then Tony is a failure as a booker. Lemme see these ladies stiff the poo poo out of each other

I was fixing to fire up the three-way match they both had with Kris Wolf in the 2018 SHE-1 finals I watched a while back and EVE very smartly re-uploaded the match as a standalone right after Toni debuted tonight lol. They're gonna be throwing loving nukes at each other if we get them in the Owen, can't fuckin wait. Toni must be psyched she's allowed to use piledrivers again too

It's wild seeing the poo poo WWE made her do right before she left vs how AEW has treated Yuta in the BCC program so far. If only Danielson had hit him in the face with some pies, imagine how over he would be!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

same, the pop when Kenny comes back to save Hanger is going to destroy the arena

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dear recapper,

Yuta has had chants before. :colbert:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Has anybody made a sign that was inspired by Yea Ok? I thought of one to do, but it’s a throwback to a decade old joke:

“COOL RAMPAGE
I GOT TO SEE HOOK”

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Has anybody made a sign that was inspired by Yea Ok? I thought of one to do, but it’s a throwback to a decade old joke:

“COOL RAMPAGE
I GOT TO SEE HOOK”

state of this arena...

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

You and me both buddy

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yuta has been eating pins for the best friends for a year, and now after a fairly brief angle he's getting the crowd to chant for him over bryan loving danielson. this company rules.

turns out it's really loving easy to make huge babyfaces if you put in a tiny amount of effort!!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

reminds me of :romo:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

same, the pop when Kenny comes back is going to destroy the arena

fr

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

yuta has been eating pins for the best friends for a year, and now after a fairly brief angle he's getting the crowd to chant for him over bryan loving danielson. this company rules.

turns out it's really loving easy to make huge babyfaces if you put in a tiny amount of effort!!

It's wild what can happen when you treat your own wrestlers with respect

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

same, the pop when Kenny comes back to save Hanger is going to destroy the arena

Even I'll Jesus Pop and I'm ambivalent on Hanger

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Pinwiz11 posted:

Dear recapper,

Yuta has had chants before. :colbert:

I hate the f4w recapper so much.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bring back Nastyism

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So happy to see Toni Storm in AEW and her theme song is absolutely great, like if Heart asked Brendon "Metalocalypse" Small to join them on guitar for a song :rock:

Reminded me of a Lita Ford song or some Girlschool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Bring back Nastyism

ok

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1509320684207443975

quote:

John Cena Praises AEW’s Max Caster

Since the start of AEW, rising heel Max Caster has drawn obvious comparisons to Cena as a charismatic wrestler/rapper. And though many wonder what would happen in a rap battle between John Cena and Max Caster, Cena is confident that Caster would get the better of him.

“I know of Max Caster very well, and the answer is no,” said Cena when asked if he could beat Caster in a rap battle.

“He’s extremely gifted. I remember hearing him for the first time, and asking a good friend of mine to please pass his information on to me. I immediately checked out his raps, out of the blue, and I saw what he was doing was spectacular. I wish him all the best of luck, but I can’t give him any advice because he’s punching far above my weight class. He is very gifted. He’s gifted enough to rhyme to the beat live, where I kind of did my stuff a cappella to let the punchlines sink in.”

“Hip-hop constantly evolves, and it constantly moves forward, and he is the better version of what I did. He’s really, really spectacular. As long as he keeps everything in realistic perspective, he shows great potential.”

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1509350735351148547

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1509339614762307586

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1509327091484954627

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's time we all admit it: This is nasty.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony sent the meat.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I love wrestling

Wheeler Yuta!

https://twitter.com/JoshSuitcase/status/1509367008508358657?t=NP9uC5PHoqUfaC2LtD2aYg&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Trying to sleep...can't stop thinking about Kangol Garcia...

https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1509395544753516546

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Darby rules
Andrade rules
Bunny rules
Yuta rules
Rampage actually looks really good

Love that AEW