Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

G1 CLIMAX 32
August 18th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST/18:00 JST
Nippon Budokan

CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, Y-H, and YOH) vs. House of Torture
TMDK (JONAH and Bad Dude Tito) vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and Royce Isaacs)
United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Aaron Henare) vs. Bullet Club (Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, and Juice Robinson)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Lance Archer and Dangerous Tekkers)
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and El Phantasmo)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and David Finlay vs. Good Brothers
Tama Tonga and KUSHIDA vs. Bullet Club (Jay White and Taiji Ishimori)
G1 Climax 32 Finals:Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ishii vs ospreay :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am wondering if I should resist the siren call for Tama Tonga to cost Jay White the G1, because I think it would be beautiful and joyous, but maybe it is more likely that Switchblade - while not winning the block - would destroy Tama's chances for a shock win of the Block just to be a dick. :ohdear:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

Opened up my predictions again today with despair, and figured I should probably just post them at this point. No matter how I tweak things it still doesn't look right, and I have no idea where D Block will shake out. Though I will not apologise for my Chase Owens prediction, history will prove me right on that :colbert:

Crossposting from the general thread so it's easier to find when my precious Math crumbles to pieces in my hands. Forgot to snip the semis and finals , but i've got

Okada beating Sanada, Naito beating Shingo
Naito beating Okada to win the tournament, winning the belt at WK in his final run

Go Taichi

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 16, 2022

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I am not filling out a spreadsheet but this is the year that Toru Yano takes it all. Undefeated through the G1, to then win at the Dome and usher in a new era of peace and love throughout the world.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Jay is winning his block to lose in the semi's but I believe in our Youtube hero Taichi

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hell, why not

In retrospect, I don't think Shingo will go undefeated throughout the whole thing, but I can dream

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I have literally no brain power strong enough to do a ballot for four different blocks but I will say I hope they bring back Technical Wrestling God Bad Luck Fale again, that was the most enjoyable hes ever been in the G1.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think maki itoh will win the g1 climax 32

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God guys making these picks is really loving hard :gonk:

ItohRespectArmy posted:

My God, suddenly it all seems so simple....

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I can't do the math but I predict the finals will be caused by excessive cocaine usage so the four block finalists will be JONAH, Chase Owens, EVIL and Yujiro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woke up in the middle of the night and can't go back to bed so spent my time diving deep into The Math :sweatdrop:

- In A block Okada faces a strong challenge from Filthy Tom who goes undefeated until falling to the Rainmaker but ultimately it's Lance Archer who stays in the running the longest until falling on the final night

- In B block Jay White looks to dominate with an early win over SANADA but Cold Skull turns it around to run the block while Jay ships a loss to Ishii for a spare title defence while Tama spoils him on the final night

- In C block everything is a giant clusterfuck and no one knows what's happening with Naito, Tana, EVIL, ZSJ and KENTA all taking points off each other but Naito just inches ahead in the final night with a tiebreaker over ZSJ

= In D block Ospreay opens with a huge shock loss against ELP but gets back into gear and runs through the block as does Shingo but a direct loss in the head to head puts Ospreay into the finals

- Semi finals are reruns of SANADA/Ospreay and Okada/Naito with the final finally popping the cork on Ospreay/Naito and the ingobernable one going on to Wrestle Kingdom

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Wait no actually it's this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God guys making these picks is really loving hard :gonk:

Blocks of 7 fucks everything up :negative:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Six matches per person means everyone's only one bad loss away from completely loving their tournament, it's stressful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well, for better or worse (worse), it's done!

B, C & D block basically end with final night matches determining the winners in highly stressful ways. I considered trying to rejig A Block to do the same and then figured actually why not just go ahead and have it be a straightforward win for Okada like my results as I went on indicated it would be.

The lower number of points on offer means some wrestlers ended up on appallingly low totals, which I feel bad about, but that's the MATH!TM for you!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Okada
SANADA
Naito
Ospreay

Naito wins it

The blocks got progressively harder to predict from A to D.

C is the most interesting block from a storytelling perspective. D is loving dire.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In terms of my excitement for the blocks I think I'm at C > B > A >>> D

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

- Semi finals are reruns of SANADA/Ospreay and Okada/Naito with the final finally popping the cork on Ospreay/Naito and the ingobernable one going on to Wrestle Kingdom

Wait, aren't the semi-finals A vs B and C vs D? So your finals would have to be either Naito vs. SANADA or Naito vs. Okada?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Well, for better or worse (worse), it's done!

GoK finishing on 2 points is an actual crime, the Chase/Henare/Goto/Yujiro tier

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

GoK finishing on 2 points is an actual crime, the Chase/Henare/Goto/Yujiro tier

I know it absolutely killed me and I don't think it'll happen, but it's how things seemed to work out :stonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, aren't the semi-finals A vs B and C vs D? So your finals would have to be either Naito vs. SANADA or Naito vs. Okada?

Has that actually been confirmed or is everyone just assuming this? :thunkher:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

The cards as listed on New Japan World simply say that it will be X vs. X in one match and X vs. X in another match, so yeah it's pure speculation. This could gently caress up a lot of people's predictions even more than my own terrible math does!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

For whatever reason they haven't put it on the English website but the Japanese card for the semifinal show says it's A vs B and C vs D.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh thank God, now when my predictions are wrong it will be entirely my own fault!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

For whatever reason they haven't put it on the English website but the Japanese card for the semifinal show says it's A vs B and C vs D.

La la la la la la I can't hear you

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

But most importantly,

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I haven't been watching NJPW this year, so I have no idea where anyone stands in the company at the moment. Here are my G1 guesses:

and my randomly generated picks:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah G1 champion Based Henare

Can only watch the frst hour tonight before i'm going to a local show, but will be cheering for a Cobb victory from afar

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
We have vision!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr. Dirt posted:

and my randomly generated picks:

No fair jumping forward to the future to get the actual results!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey Hiromu :wave:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
have they played the intro yet, please tell me no.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

karmicknight posted:

have they played the intro yet, please tell me no.

no Hiromu is doing some pitchwork

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

no Hiromu is doing some pitchwork

Hiromu is the nooj namba? A big change but one I might be here for.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
more like local reference comedy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't think I like Hiromu's tight five.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Some mad man has jumped the barrier and is ranting about his transport issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
How dare the G1 start while the July sumo basho still has another hour.