Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Me last week: Hey the Falcons are looking pretty fun on offense

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1576982750766063616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
He didn't look good yesterday. I knew he was playing through a knee thing, but I was naive for thinking the Browns were actually defending him well. Nah, just turns out he's pretty hurt.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Nooo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm not a physicsologist but I can't for the life of me understand how the ball bounces off the back side of the crossbar after being booted 40+ yards and the momentum is somehow reversed back up field.

football funny shape

also the video angle is a bit odd, looks like it hits squarely on the top of the crossbar to me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

At this point yes. But the offense as a whole was working much better last year, and much of darnolds production last year came on the ground.

Nothing about the offense is working this year. Nothing makes sense. There’s no style, no rhythm, no clear strategy. The wr routes make no sense. The ground game is perplexing. The player use is nonsensical.

Just a complete failure at every level.

Joe Brady got done dirty.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kalli posted:

Can't wait to see how they'll continue to underutilize Pitts

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

haljordan posted:

Is there a chance Ron Rivera gets canned mid season?

He should be.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone have a gif/mp4 of the mahomes run, spin, td toss to ceh?

I had nightmares about it last night.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1576890053141229569?s=20&t=BPRr37Esh0P6YnC5kzj04g

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just incredible.

Thanks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

It's all Melvin Gordon now.

Lol. Lmao.

Oh. Oh no.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1576982439120904194?s=20&t=BPRr37Esh0P6YnC5kzj04g

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's a running back, there's plenty of fine running backs out there, just sign one!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

He does this once a game and it's infuriating

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

He does this once a game and it's infuriating

Infuriatingly awesome.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Infuriatingly awesome.

It's the afcw version of vintage Russell Wilson Bullshit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The spin is just so awesome and unexpected

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

It's a running back, there's plenty of fine running backs out there, just sign one!

Real talk they should be reaching out to the Browns about D'ernest Johnson. He has been a healthy scratch every week until yesterday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Joe Brady got done dirty.

he's currently a get back coach in Buffalo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

It's the afcw version of vintage Russell Wilson Bullshit

Just enjoy it when it doesn't happen to your team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
More thoughts on Ravens vs Bills:

I usually don't pay much attention to QB vs QB narratives because they don't play each other directly. But I think yesterday it was very clear between Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson who the better QB is. And it's not even really close. Lamar Jackson has this uncanny ability to be unstoppable and godlike one moment and lost and inept the next. This, of course, is not always all his fault. But yesterday he was the inferior passer and the inferior runner to Josh Allen. I really strongly suspect the Ravens do not do much gameplanning at all on offense and instead have the regular early scripted plays and then Roman calls poo poo absolutely randomly the rest of the game just hoping Lamar makes enough big plays to get the job done.

What I would love the Ravens to do is fire John Harbaugh at the end of this season and hire Ken Dorsey the Bills OC. I looked him up and he was the QBs coach for them from 2019 to 2021 and now is OC. So he is the main guy who was working with Josh Allen while he transformed from possible bust to possibly best QB in the NFL. I also remember when he was QB at Miami University and with the Browns. As a coach he is young, smart, and clearly very invested and passionate about what he does. That is the kind of guy I want coaching my team. Not some special teams dope who doesn't do anything except stand on the sidelines looking bewildered.

One other thing is Hollywood Brown is quietly having a very good season over in Arizona. He is playing very well and I even saw him make contested catches. This is bad news for us if we don't get someone in here with Lamar who has a better idea how to gameplan using him. Because he'll see that offensive players from the Ravens go elsewhere and do better and that's what he'll want to do. I denied this could happen before and figured if we gave him the money he'd take it. But when I see Hollywood I'm not so sure. Plenty of coaches would love to have Lamar Jackson to work with. That's why I want Ken Dorsey here.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kawalimus posted:

One other thing is Hollywood Brown is quietly having a very good season over in Arizona. He is playing very well and I even saw him make contested catches. This is bad news for us if we don't get someone in here with Lamar who has a better idea how to gameplan using him. Because he'll see that offensive players from the Ravens go elsewhere and do better and that's what he'll want to do. I denied this could happen before and figured if we gave him the money he'd take it. But when I see Hollywood I'm not so sure. Plenty of coaches would love to have Lamar Jackson to work with. That's why I want Ken Dorsey here.

i've always enjoyed the revolving door between the cards and ravens, like it when our guys do well over there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just enjoy it when it doesn't happen to your team.

Oh absolutely.

It just DID happen vs the Chargers 2 weeks ago and I'm still salty

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

JPrime posted:

i've always enjoyed the revolving door between the cards and ravens, like it when our guys do well over there.

It's cool too because the Cardinals have always been my 2nd favorite team since Boldin was drafted and I watched him as a rookie and thought "wow I wish the Ravens had that guy"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

At this point yes. But the offense as a whole was working much better last year, and much of darnolds production last year came on the ground.

Nothing about the offense is working this year. Nothing makes sense. There’s no style, no rhythm, no clear strategy. The wr routes make no sense. The ground game is perplexing. The player use is nonsensical.

A Ben McAdoo offense doing poorly?!?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Panthers do not resemble a functional football team on offense, nor anything even remotely close to it. They get worse by the week. What exactly is there even left to evaluate here, the coach is clearly a moron and every additional day he remains employed is one day less to get started burning the whole thing down. Tepper's an idiot too though, so whatever.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

The Ben McAdoo experience

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I could see a scenario where Darnold was drafted by a good team and turned into a decent QB, but I think the ship has sailed on him. He's too broken at this point.

Also, good to see some noise being made on the Brate thing. I don't want Tua's death to be in vain.

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1576936991538655232?s=20&t=ANEIJa2kVPC23oaa2CMzKQ

I pray Harbaugh wasn't watching. He wont be able to handle such shock twice in a single season!

But for real Ehuds right. You would've thought a team literally in the closest proximity of the team that just got poo poo on for their handling of the concussions would put some pressure on the situation but alas, Brate was sent back to the wolves.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This was hilarious and amazing and still is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

You would've thought a team literally in the closest proximity of the team that just got poo poo on for their handling of the concussions

lol what does that have to do with anything?

Also, delayed symptoms, ok sure. Maybe it's a thing but I doubt it.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1577015956496580608?s=20&t=BPRr37Esh0P6YnC5kzj04g

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I mean, when your neighbor gets busted for dealing drugs maybe flush your stash. Just surprising. Not that an nfl teams is trash just that they wouldn’t have been more on the ball spotting him.

Shows just how bad every one of these teams, similar to Miami and tampa, are.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tato posted:

The Panthers do not resemble a functional football team on offense, nor anything even remotely close to it. They get worse by the week. What exactly is there even left to evaluate here, the coach is clearly a moron and every additional day he remains employed is one day less to get started burning the whole thing down. Tepper's an idiot too though, so whatever.

The Chiefs converted as many first downs last night against the Bucs (12/17) as the Panthers have all season (12/47).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's weird to see tony dungy criticizing any somewhat less publicized failures to protect players, regarding the cameron brate incident. his stance is completely the opposite of how he used to operate not just as a coach but up to just a few years ago as a talking head. optimistically, perhaps being out there on the sideline and not having to be dialed in on the chess pieces and seeing them as people had an effect on him. big bada bengals go bengal make it tengal.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also I think last week there was some chatter about Terry Bradshaw and he announced on the pregame about his health battles lately.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1576608740140355584?s=20&t=RYBI5RHP5h5rwzDznV3aAg

I'm also very PRO going for it but whether that 4th down play was a broken play due to quick line penetration or not it just seemed not great.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Loving this photo from Jack Jones's pick 6:

Why, because you found the two Pats fans surrounded by surrender cobras?

FizFashizzle posted:

Trust the process, baby
It’s less of a process and more of a movement.

A bowel movement.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 3, 2022

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1577015956496580608?s=20&t=BPRr37Esh0P6YnC5kzj04g

Delayed symptoms are a thing with concussions. More damning that the system is broken because the spotter didn't buzz down to pull him for a full evaluation.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All coaches are going to be insanely hypocritical and pretend they would never ever have this happen on their team, either current or past. Gotta expect it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

ymmv but as a Ravens fan I gotta say people severely underestimate how hard it is to sign actually decent running backs on a pinch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

ymmv but as a Ravens fan I gotta say people severely underestimate how hard it is to sign actually decent running backs on a pinch

Yeah lol it's not something that is easy to find at all

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

CannonFodder posted:

Why, because you found the two Pats fans surrounded by surrender cobras?

It’s less of a process and more of a movement.

A bowel movement.

How much do those stupid cheese head hats go for at the stadium?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

I dunno I swear there's plenty of good enough guys out there that are better then old guy who fumbles every time he touches the ball.

Like they probably can't pass block worth a drat, but hey, JJ Taylor is sitting on the Pats' practice squad right now if you need a guy who can take some handoffs and catch some dump offs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeZ3lwTXcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

gently caress off Bowles, everyone is responsible for player safety, don't just foist it off on the spotter. yea the spotter hosed up but the rest of ya'll aren't magically absolved.